“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #77 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Sumter, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was in town on business. This hotel was great! The breakfast was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It is in a great location with shopping and restaurants nearby. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very clean and well taken care of.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeTampa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
It certainly sounds as if your experience at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport – Westshore could not have been any better and we appreciate you sharing your enjoyment with everyone! Our hotel is situated in the perfect spot for shopping, entertainment and the like, giving our guests easy access to the best of Tampa Bay. We look forward to greeting you again in the future and thank you for your gracious review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I did not believe the reviews and ignorantly booked at this hotel.
1. Ant crawling on the walls in the hallway ...
2. Dead ants following morning into tub
3. Moved to a new room after
I was told non was avaliable except when I asked to speak to a manager than a
Magically was able to be moved... We were fare warned that we had a highway view... I did not
Realize we would be sleep to car sounds
4. Room smells
Like locker room
5. Staff semi pleasant-- except when I asked
To speak to a manager --
6.food ok... Paid for overpriced Tyson chicken fingers
For dinner
7. Please do not book here... Very terrible expirence for me and my family.. I am so disappointed with this entire stay ... Please read all the reviews before booking... I never write reviews but feel compelled to after this trip

• Stayed November 2013
Kent, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had an event on W. Hillsborough which is about 15 min. away but I also wanted beach accessibility. In the end I opted for something in between and this hotel worked out great. First of all, as a member of the HIlton Honors program I got free breakfast and a free reception every evening which included wine and beer and snacks. So it basically reduced my food expenditures to almost nothing. This came as a surprise and may I say it was a very nice surprise since generally Doubletree doesn't give anything away for free. This hotel was literally a 2 minute drive from my car rental place, it was next door to a good restaurant, it was 2 seconds from the airport, it was an easy drive to the beach (in fact one morning when I was supposed to go to my event I drove to the beach by accident, oops) it had its own nice restaurant and bar, a nice pool (which was unfortunately closed during 48 hrs of my stay), a nice business center so I didn't need my laptop, and the room was in good shape. I had a few minor issues not worth mentioning really but I will mention them in case someone is listening. One, the housekeeping staff is WAY TOO LOUD. Granted most of the guests are business guests but for those of us who are not, or who just like a little peace and quiet while we are in our rooms, the hootin' and hollerin' in the corridors was most disturbing. I get that it's a boring job but it's a job. It is up to the hotel to make the housekeeping staff PIPE DOWN. And if they weren't shouting amongst themselves they were shouting on their cell phones. When I was trying to pack to leave I literally could not hear myself think. But that was really and truly the only issue I had and I couldn't describe it as a major issue. All in all I would stay there again and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine if you can
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Vero Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The tower rooms are on a major highway and are very noisy. The rest of the hotel is lovely and staff were friendly except for desk personnel in the restaurant. Be sure request a room closer to the front desk if you want to sleep without road noise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The entire staff from the valet/bellperson at check-in, the moment you arrive, guest service is impeccable. Iris Garcia who coordinated our entire conference was top notch, everything was seamless and staff was always there to offer assistance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My two night stay was great. All Double Tree personnel were friendly. The best part of my staty was the buffet breakfasts. I ate twice and each time the food tasted great and plentiful. I look forward to staying at Double Tree again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sanford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Overall we were pretty pleased. Little bit confusing on how the rooms are located. The rooms are set up similar to a maze and we had to finally ask someone how to get to our room. Other than that we were very pleased. Good breakfast bar the next morning as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!