“Doubletree Hilton Satisfactory” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #72 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Euless, United States
“Doubletree Hilton Satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was clean and made me feel like my needs were their first priority. I wish there would have been a coffee house within the building, but there is a bar, restaurant and mini convenience store.

896 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Fort Mill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's not just their signature cookies but the general layout and decor of this hotel that make it a warmer experience than your basic travel hotel. It's very clean, the decor is homey, staff helpful, courtyard has lovely, well-kept foliage and the conference rooms are bright with chairs that are much more comfortable than average. (I was there for day-long seminars and usually ache horribly from sitting in the typical stacking chair. Not so at Doubletree! Chairs were quite tolerable to the back and rear.) I did not eat in the restaurant but I did enjoy two meals in the bar. It had a huge TV for game watching and a nice enough selection of draft beers. Atmosphere was lively and friendly and had quite a few locals and regulars - always a good sign. Food was surprisingly tasty in for a sports bar in a hotel. I thought the grouper and cole slaw were outstanding. Room had lots of places to charge tech. I felt very safe there and the location was perfect to airport and local malls. Good free wi-fi, very comfy beds with soft linens. Overall, I would highly recommend for any small conference, to any business traveler and also for leisure travel. I wouldn't say this hotel was particularly "kid-friendly" (pool is small, no playground that I could see) but it would be a safe clean place for a to family stay on their way to somewhere else or as a "sleep base." I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We like large groups, conferences, Military processing, and airline contracts. If you flying solo find another place to stay as you just get de-priortized even if you hold Diamond status. If you good with that while you away from, then hotel is clean and food is good.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Christian S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
First of all, thank you so much for your business and we appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member. I'm so sorry if you felt in anyway undervalued during your time with us. It's certainly never our intention to be anything less than helpful and accommodating for all our guests. If you would like to discuss your concerns in further detail, please feel free to connect with me.

Christian.Salazar2@hilton.com
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel April 17 to 19, 2013, for a conference. I got a conference rate which was better than any rate I saw online. I booked a standard king.

I was to arrive at about 11 PM on the 17th but because of weather delays I didn't arrive until 4 AM on the 18th. The night manager, Eberle, was really efficient in getting me checked in and showing me some of the features of the hotel. He even got me a room on the ground floor so I wouldn't have to traipse all over the hotel at 4 AM. The room, however, was a handicapped room. I hope no one else showed up needing that room for the two days I was there. It was room 144.

See my pictures of the room. It was what I expected. Being a handicapped room the bathroom was BIG. Bed was nice. Really comfortable. There was a door to the patio outside that had a partial view of the pool. The things I noted were there was no luggage valet for me to sit my bag on. The plug ins on the desk lamp were tempermental and didn't stay connected to my computer plug so I didn't use it. The hair dryer overheated often and smelled bad. The ceiling light near the tub would flicker on and off. The TV worked fine as did the air conditioner.

At 2:43 AM on the 19th my phone rang but when I got to it, there was a dial tone. No idea who it was but I hadn't given out my room number to anyone. Annoying when you're in a dead sleep.

I was able to have meals in the hotel restaurants and charge to the room. The warm cookies are delicious. The coffee pot in the room is still lackluster and not stocked with the types of things coffee drinkers want.

I'd stay at this hotel again if I was in town on business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for all of the lovely compliments and I'm so glad to hear that Eberle could take care of you after a long travel experience. I'm sorry to hear about some of the electrical issues with outlet plugs and the hairdryer which our maintenance team has addressed. We are really looking forward to having you again during your next business trip. Please let us know when you plan to be in the area so we can make it extra special.
Sincerely
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was traveling cross country on the redeye from San Diego to Tampa arriving at 7:45am. They allowed meer to check in to my room super early and I was extremely happy but I wasn't expecting to find the room as dirty as it was. I was too tired to go change rooms. The desk had sticky stuff on the top, the bathroom towels had red lipstick on the corner, hair dryer bag was dirty and the tissue box looked like water was splashed all over it and the maid just didn't finish cleaning. If I was traveling for vacation I would have been upset and demanded a new room.

• Stayed April 2013
Longwood, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Property is dated and sorely in need of a make-over. After check-in, realized I was given a room as a far from an elevator as you can get, and didn't get what was asked for. Walking from the far end of the property is like waking through a maze. A/C unit in room was stuck at 68 degrees Fahrenheit, and thermostate broken in a operative mode. Eventually given another room, but location not much better. Second room had terrible bathroom lighting- fixture with 4 bulbs but light seemed no better than one 25 watt bulb. Pillows were terrible - no support. Floors looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in months.

Room Tip: Westshore area is close to Tampa International Airport, and if not for a tie to "Hilton"...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property during your stay in our area. I'm glad we were able to check you in earlier than expected. However, we are very sorry for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the cleanliness issues and have addressed your concerns with our housekeepers. We hope that you give us another opportunity for a better experience.

Safe travels,
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

we booked this hotel for their cruise and sleep package only to find out when we got there that they had quit doing this. After some back and forth with the front desk we worked it out but it was not a great way to start the vacation. The did put us on the club level floor which was a nice perk. The room was nice but the AC was very loud. We were glad we were only staying one night. The pool area was pleasant and the hot tub was good for a group to sit in and around to visit. The fitness center was not great and some of the equipment did not work. We were four couples staying prior to a cruise and instead of venturing out we decided to eat in the main dining room. We were going to eat in the bar but there were no tables...the host said he had room in the other dining room and we could order from either menu. it didnt matter to us so we said sure. BIG mistake...they were short staffed and both dining rooms were served by one kitchen. it took us 20 minutes to get a glass of wine and 1:45 to get our food. They should have closed one of the dining rooms to manage the flow. We were not the only ones to complain...and they continued to seat customers. I probably wouldnt stay here again since the next time we go to Tampa we will likely be staying on the beach or going on another cruise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about the noisy AC and crowded dining areas. We're addressing the maintenance issues and reevaluating our staffing levels. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Sincerely
Christian Salazar

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!