“Looks can be deceiving!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #72 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Phoenix, Arizona
“Looks can be deceiving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

When I first drove up to the hotel it looked very old and tired from the outside. When I walked in, the hotel was very nice. The front desk greeted us with a smile and although we were only Blue Hilton Honors Members we received the upgrades. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Walking in the lobby, the staff was friendly and always said Hi. The Sports Bar had cold beer and a good selection of Martini's. The breakfast buffet was great. Great for business or if you want to be close to the airport. I would stay here àgain.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great location very close to airport. Very close to a great mall with a good restaurants.
The staff was the best part of this hotel. All were very friendly, helpful, pleasant, and knowledgable. Room was very clean. Furniture in excellent condition. I'm always hoping for good water pressure in the shower and I was pleased! We also ate at the restaurant. Food was good. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel staff were very nice and very friendly. The shuttle was very convenient. We stayed here for the location, because we wanted to be close to the airport, and were pleasantly surprised how nice the facilities were. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My reservation wasn't ready so they gave me free chocolate chip cookies while I waited fifteen minutes in the lobby. My reservation wasn't ready because I booked it online as I drove up the parking lot. I got a great rate! Julia, front desk, was awesome. She asked me if I was a Hilton Honors member and gave me credit for my stay. Julia offered complimentary bottled water and free breakfast for the three of us. I was impressed already and then someone slipped a personal handwritten thank you note from Julia underneath my door. The room was very comfortable, the beds fantastic, no noise in the hallways. I couldn't be more pleased with my stay. Great job Hilton!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Seminole, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'll preface this by saying I've stayed at alot of places and rarely complain, ever. THAT being said: Me and my group have stayed at this hotel several times to attend conventions hosted at the hotel and I'm pretty sure we won't return. Minor gripes include the design of the hotel. It seems like the current design is two hotels that had merged and were never intended to be - the maze to get to the tower rooms is extensive and involves a long hike. The executive level is difficult to get to and lacks seating for the number of people in attendance. My biggest concern was the hotel staff. Check in was a big ordeal and our room wasn't available for 2 hours past check in. Upon asking if we can check out 2 hours late to compensate we got a "No" and some cookies. Thanks.The room across the hall from us was having a party from the sound of it - someone must have complained and the staff came to our room (even though half of us were asleep already) to notify us we were too loud. Restaurant service was awful - we sat in their sports bar for a good 30 minutes before leaving due to no one even noticing a table of 12 had just sat down. That's a huge loss of revenue for whomever would have served us. The one bright spot was the supervisor of the restaurants - a nice young lady that was the only one concerned about how disappointed our group was. Oh another bonus was the number of strip clubs in walking distance. If you have other options for places to stay - I suggest you go there instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christian S, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It's disheartening to hear that you encountered so many missed-opportunities from our staff. Thank you for alerting us about your experience so they can be addressed and avoided in the future. I apologize that we could not accommodate you with a late check-out. We would truly hate to lose your business as a loyal guest. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your concerns.

Kind regards,
Christian Salazar
Christian.salazar2@hilton.com
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I arrived at 3 AM after travel delays and the front desk clerk was so nice - helping with bags, the rented car, and doing everything he could to make me able to relax after my long day. While the rest of my impressions are a bit fuzzy (I was pretty tired) the hotel was clean, quiet, nicely appointed, and the staff in the morning were equally friendly and accommodating to my still-frazzled state. It is minutes from the airport - a real traveler's haven.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The breakfast staff has exhibited excellent customer service consistently during each of our stays. They are friendly and attentive. We look forward to "reconnecting" with them each visit.

On a recent stay we met, Tiffany (Housekeeping). She was so pleasant and responsive to our inquiries about local attractions. Additionally, the respect shown in her communication and work ethic were welcomed.

Thank You! The Donaldsons, Roanoke, VA

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!