“Customer Sevice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #72 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Customer Sevice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was impressed with the staff at this hotel who were very friendly and helpful. One person in particular was a young man named Marcelles.
He was working the front desk on the afternoon of 1/22/2014. He showed a great deal of empathy concerning a book I had left at the airport. The book meant a lot to me.
Marcelles went above and beyond the call of duty to reunite me with my book.
He is an associate that Hilton can be proud to represent them. Individuals like him are the foundation of a successful company.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

896 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Four of us ended up in Tampa needing a hotel room by the airport for only one night. It took us a while but we finally got two rooms at the Doubletree. I don't know if it was due to my husband's Hilton status or if that was all they had but we ended up with two connecting rooms which worked out well for two couples traveling together. Hotel staff during check-in was obviously very busy but extremely efficient and very freiendly. We found out when checking in that everything was booked becuase there was an Extreme Fighting (whatever that is) convention in town, a monster truck rally also in town and a local hockey game. Not too promising for two middle-aged couples looking for a quiet room.

Our rooms were obviously not used a lot because we had a lovely view of the freeway that we heard 24/7. I question the security because there were at least 7 different restaurant flyers under the door. If I was a woman traveling along, that would alarm me because obviously, anyone can get access to rooms.

This hotel is huge. We wandered the halls towing a luggage rack with us and finally found the rooms after several turns and long hallways. The rooms were of average size and looked a bit tired. Though the windows, doors and fixtures were older, the linens and towels were nice and fresh. Except for the dirty towel rolled up in the "closet" a niche in the wall with no door. Also, there was no luggage rack or any place to put luggage except for the floor so you had to be sure not to trip over that in the middle of the night.

The bathroom was on the roomy side with nice Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. Plenty of towels that were on the newer side. The TV had plenty of stations and three HBO stations.

After checking in we went in search of food. (Ended up at Charley's next door, an $$$ steakhouse next door. Long wait because of the hotel activity but once seated, had a very nice meal,) When we hit the hotel lobby, oh my, worlds were colliding. There were scantily clad tattooed women signing in "extreme fighters" who were walking around in "I am Ninja" tee shirts. This didn't seem to bother any older guests because smack in the middle were several white-haired women in wheel chairs sitting there chatting and soaking it all in. Very ecclectic group who obviously got along well. Great people watching opportunity.

All was fine with our stay until about 1:15 AM. A 15+ person party down the hall was spilling out of a hotel room. They were loud and didn't seem to care about anyone else but themselves. When calling the front desk to complain, I discovered the telephone cord was all mangled together causing me to get the phone in the face and then I discovered the phone didn't work too well because I could barely hear the front desk. But it worked because in like 5-8 minutes, the party broke up. I tried to go back to sleep listening to the sounds of the freeway but that wasn't too helpful.

With our room we got free breakfast at ItaliAsia in the hotel and according to the check-in clerk, "the best breakfast in Tampa". She wasn't too far off. Funny but at 9AM Sunday, it was all senior citizens. Guess all those partiers were sleeping it off. The hostess and waitress were very busy but very nice. Met you with a smile and prompt service. The food was very good and fresh. Great blintzes, bacon, delicious fresh fruit and nice baked goods. For our last meal in Tampa, it was very pleasant and nice.

I don't know if I would stay here again because of the size of the hotel. The location was very convenient but I like my hotels smaller and quieter. I heard several people rave about the pool so it probably would be good for those traveling with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the freeway side or with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
West Babylon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As always, Hiltonb properties are the best!! Room was fabulous, clean, spacious. Internet access (not free) was simple to connect to and very fast. Staff was very pleasant and even went out of their way to find me some extra coffee creamer very late at night so I would have it for morning. Easy trip to airport too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while we visited with friends. We were pleasantly surprised that we received an upgrade to a suite as we are part of their loyalty program. The room was large and clean and we never heard a sound at night. The hotel is centrally located to the very large mall where we had dinner at Brio and also to Raymond James Stadium where we went to the Bucs game. Overall it was a fantastic stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is an older hotel that needs a lot of maintenance. We had to be relocated 6 times because of maintenance issues (toilets and ac not working, bathroom sink not draining). The place smells and is not very clean. On the plus side, the location was good and the staff friendly but they were constantly trying to correct problems and issues from customers. There were several people we knew about that were having issues. We were scheduled to stay for 6 days and left early because of constant problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hartsville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in town for a ballgame and needed two rooms, check-in was so easy and the staff was very helpful. Even though we were there during the New Year Holiday both retaurants and the bar was crowded, service was out standing. Rooms were very clean and I will stay here again if I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

In the past 18 months I had the opportunity to stay at four different hotels in the Westshore Area but once I discovered this one it clearly became my favorite. The rooms are great (I like the onces with a conference table), the entire staff is wonderful & welcoming and breakfast is awesome. You will not be disappointed picking this hotel particularly because you get a lot of value for the rate. Whatever these guys are doing to train the staff... it is working!!!

Room Tip: Sign up for Hilton Honors and book your hotel using the Hilton Website. When you are done you will r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!