You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hartsville, South Carolina
“pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were in town for a ballgame and needed two rooms, check-in was so easy and the staff was very helpful. Even though we were there during the New Year Holiday both retaurants and the bar was crowded, service was out standing. Rooms were very clean and I will stay here again if I am in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

In the past 18 months I had the opportunity to stay at four different hotels in the Westshore Area but once I discovered this one it clearly became my favorite. The rooms are great (I like the onces with a conference table), the entire staff is wonderful & welcoming and breakfast is awesome. You will not be disappointed picking this hotel particularly because you get a lot of value for the rate. Whatever these guys are doing to train the staff... it is working!!!

Room Tip: Sign up for Hilton Honors and book your hotel using the Hilton Website. When you are done you will r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was in town for business, but I also brought the family along since the kids were on winter break. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Parking was easy and free. WiFi speed was decent. I'd stay at this hotel again if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The location is well suited for people flying into Tampa and wasn't bad as a place to stay if you are cruising out of Tampa. We had a group that reserved 8 rooms. Some members of our group could check in at 11 a.m. when we arrived, but others were forced to wait until 5:30 p.m. (long after the 3 p.m. check-in time) to get into their rooms. Some of our groups rooms (including mine) were great...clean and comfortable. However, others were on floors where noise prevented them from getting a decent night's sleep.

The shuttle service was also spotty. It was great for getting to and from the airport and pier, and they were especially accomodating when our cruise was delayed getting into port and forced us to stay another night post-cruise. However, several members of our group felt stranded when they took the shuttle to local (within 2 miles) restaurants/attractions, and waited over an hour for the shuttle to return them to the hotel. The sports bar was enjoyable and the food was pretty good (I recommend the grilled grouper sandwich.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
pdrocean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a King room the room was great lots of room desk, chair, and couch Staff was friendly and helpful. When I checked in to my room my TV not was not working. The hotel corrected the issue in less than 10 minutes.
The hotel has two restaurants I only went to the Players Sports Pub it was really good and open until 1:00am food until 12:30.
Pros, hotel had a great location, very clean, and free airport shuttle.
Cons, hotel pool is surrounded by the building so it does not get much sun if that not an issue for you the pool and hot tub are very nice

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

a great location , close to the airport ,mall and restaurants .THe front desk lady was very friendly and gave us cookies . The room was clean and new . The only thing is the noise from the highway facing the rooms . The bar was good and their wings too. THe pool was heated and very relaxing . I would defensibly go back soon

Room Tip: don't face the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Below is a story that happened to me last June when we went for a concert and a new current story.....

"We showed up at the hotel at 3:30 p.m. and were met by Trent at the front desk. When we told him were checking in he said my room was not ready yet but was going to try to find a room ready. (This is a room we paid for in advance). He said he found a room and it was cleaned but not yet inspected. We told him that is fine we would take it. He responded with it needs to be inspected first but we could leave our bags with him and we would receive the keys later that night when we returned.

When we returned around midnight the front desk agent, Lorella I believe, said she was searching for our room and that was it. After about three minutes of complete silence and her not communicating at all we overhead someone say there was no rooms available. I asked her if this was true and she said yes there are no rooms. (Once again this is a room we paid for in advanced, PAID IN FULL) I tried to communicate to her that we checked in earlier and were told that we had a room available. Then I explained that my room was paid for I should have one. She tried to tell me that I did not pay for it and after arguing about that she then realized that yes my room was fully paid for. Wanda, the manager then came out and told us there is nothing she could do and that we would have to be sent to Brandon or St. Petersburg for the night. I told her that is completely unacceptable and and demanded an answer of why I was told I had a room and now 9 hours later I don't. She had no answer and just had a smirk on her face. She was completely unhelpful, rude and overall unsympathetic to the situation. When we finally left on our own to find our own place there was at least 20 more people expecting to check in that I am sure did not receive a room."

Now they did send me a gift certificate and a refund, but now I am trying to use the gift certificate for a weekend and they tell me I cannot because they may sell out. They are not sold out, but may. I said they need to make an exception because of how bad they treated me and screwed up my reservation last year. I have not heard from any staff to resolve my problem. If I were you I would stay away from this hotel! Especially if you plan on going to the Kenny Chesney concert the weekend of March 16, 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!