“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
pdrocean
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a King room the room was great lots of room desk, chair, and couch Staff was friendly and helpful. When I checked in to my room my TV not was not working. The hotel corrected the issue in less than 10 minutes.
The hotel has two restaurants I only went to the Players Sports Pub it was really good and open until 1:00am food until 12:30.
Pros, hotel had a great location, very clean, and free airport shuttle.
Cons, hotel pool is surrounded by the building so it does not get much sun if that not an issue for you the pool and hot tub are very nice

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Cape May, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

a great location , close to the airport ,mall and restaurants .THe front desk lady was very friendly and gave us cookies . The room was clean and new . The only thing is the noise from the highway facing the rooms . The bar was good and their wings too. THe pool was heated and very relaxing . I would defensibly go back soon

Room Tip: don't face the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Below is a story that happened to me last June when we went for a concert and a new current story.....

"We showed up at the hotel at 3:30 p.m. and were met by Trent at the front desk. When we told him were checking in he said my room was not ready yet but was going to try to find a room ready. (This is a room we paid for in advance). He said he found a room and it was cleaned but not yet inspected. We told him that is fine we would take it. He responded with it needs to be inspected first but we could leave our bags with him and we would receive the keys later that night when we returned.

When we returned around midnight the front desk agent, Lorella I believe, said she was searching for our room and that was it. After about three minutes of complete silence and her not communicating at all we overhead someone say there was no rooms available. I asked her if this was true and she said yes there are no rooms. (Once again this is a room we paid for in advanced, PAID IN FULL) I tried to communicate to her that we checked in earlier and were told that we had a room available. Then I explained that my room was paid for I should have one. She tried to tell me that I did not pay for it and after arguing about that she then realized that yes my room was fully paid for. Wanda, the manager then came out and told us there is nothing she could do and that we would have to be sent to Brandon or St. Petersburg for the night. I told her that is completely unacceptable and and demanded an answer of why I was told I had a room and now 9 hours later I don't. She had no answer and just had a smirk on her face. She was completely unhelpful, rude and overall unsympathetic to the situation. When we finally left on our own to find our own place there was at least 20 more people expecting to check in that I am sure did not receive a room."

Now they did send me a gift certificate and a refund, but now I am trying to use the gift certificate for a weekend and they tell me I cannot because they may sell out. They are not sold out, but may. I said they need to make an exception because of how bad they treated me and screwed up my reservation last year. I have not heard from any staff to resolve my problem. If I were you I would stay away from this hotel! Especially if you plan on going to the Kenny Chesney concert the weekend of March 16, 2013.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed one night for a bowl game at Raymond James Stadium and was very pleased with the cleanliness of the room/surroundings as well as the hospitality of the staff. From check-in to check-out we found the staff very friendly and willing to help answer any questions we had. And if you are a hilton member they provide a free huge buffet which many more options than your typical complimentary breakfast. I would recommend to any traveler to Tampa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Onalaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a large group. They were TOTALLY ill-equipped to deal with a full hotel. It took a very long time to get a room, we didn't didn't receive housekeeping services for 3 days. The hot tub was broken our entire stay, the pool was freezing. The bar had terrible service. The housekeeping staff left dirty linen and garbage bags piled up along the hallways. It was gross!

• Stayed December 2012
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The room was nice, clean and well-appointed. The location was great. Close to the Airport, shopping and easy to get to from the highway. Parking was free and readily available. The pool was very cold. The staff seamed to make more than the normal amount of mistakes. Our room had 2 of three lamps with dead light bulbs and the maid took all of our towels one day however the front desk was quick to correct these mistakes.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in the tower. it is at the back and very high. so it can take a long time to get to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Randolph, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As the Events Planner for my husband's Army Reunion, the Tampa Double Tree Airport-Westshore proved to be a great location. As we move around the country each year for our reunions, Tampa was the perfect host town for our 2012 reunion. There was plenty to do in the area and the hotel shuttle was very accommadating. The weather was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the plentiful breakfast buffet was enjoyed by each of our guest every morning as was the Sports Bar. The pool and courtyard area was great and provided a place for some of our group to gather throughout our stay. The front desk staff always had a smile and ready to help and answer questions. I worked with Annabel and Iris for our reunion planning and catering and they left no stone unturned. They were wonderful. Our catered meals were delicous and well presented. The chef even came into our banquet room after each meal to meet our group. The Catering setup staff...well, they were great too. This is a large hotel but it never felt crowded. The last day of our reunion, Hurricane Sandy was heading up the east coast and while it really didn't effect Tampa, several of our group were not able to leave due to airline connections. The hotel graciously accommodated their unexpected extended stay. Thank you DoubleTree.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the pool courtyard have a balcony and a great view. The Juniour Suites offe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!