“Great location and facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“Great location and facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great location and facilities

This hotel is very well located, its close to the airport and to downtown, has great facilities, such a nice pool and confortable rooms, there is also a good restaurant inside and another great one next to the hotel...

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This Doubletree is very near Raymond James - Home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and also near the Airport. The room that I had was clean (no mold) and spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the swimming area. The swimming area was spacious with friendly vegetation. I found the staff seemingly friendly, yet not that helpful. I received a free breakfast coupon and enjoyed a terrific made-to-order omelet. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've seen and the fresh fruit from Mangoes to strawberries with blueberries, cantaloupe and pineapple, wow!

Parking is easy and free and they do have valet. A parking garage or outside parking is available and right next door is Charleys Steakhouse - a short walk.

Check-out time is noon, not too bad in these days when it seems most hotels want you out by 11am.

Room Tip: Some of the hallways will have you turned-around and it's difficult to know if you're headed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your visit for the football game. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and our Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet. We appreciate you highlighting our close proximity to Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Outback Bowl. We look forward to welcoming you back!
orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed at this property several times in the Summer and Fall of 2012. It is a large, sprawling property, but when you are standing in the lobby or speaking with an employee, you feel like you are at the center of it. It may not be the most luxurious hotel and it may not be the most up to date, but the employees, by and large (except the concierge who was chronically missing from the post) make the difference. The rooms and common areas are clean. The onsite restaurant is pretty good; the onsite pub/lounge is fun with lots of TVs. They generally have reasonable rates and provide an overall good value. Of course, you can't help but feel better with a warm cookie and a smile, both of which are in copious supply at this property.

Room Tip: Try to get in the "tower" overlooking the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed there for a business trip this past week. Hotel location is very close to the airport and there is a free shuttle.

I am a Gold Hilton member and typically get upgraded to better rooms. My room here was very average compared to other Doubletree hotels that I have stayed at room. Rooms seemed a bit dated, older furniture, etc.

Hotel has a very nice sports bar and the food was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your visit and for complimenting our sports bar and food.
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The only thing that save this hotel from a 1 star review were its employees. They were all wonderful, save one that I'll get to in a moment. At first everything seemed nice. The shuttle driver that picked us up at the airport was super nice and helpful. He checked us in at the valet stand (we are flight crew so we do that sometimes). When I got to my room at first I immediately left to go to the local mall. I was in the room for maybe 10 mins and I noticed a slight smoke smell. Not cigarettes, but fire smoke. I figured it was something from outside and didn't think much of it. When I came back about 3 hours later. I was just about to get settled in and sleep. But the smoke smell was stronger than before and as I sat there my nose started to burn. I decided I couldn't sleep there and called the desk to ask for a different room. The lady that answered transferred me to the front desk. The lady that answered there was helpful, however in the middle of our conversation she stops talking to me and starts talking to, I assume, her coworker next to her. She was telling her how some lady had made her mad and she didn't want to deal with her any more and she was over it that night. She never told me to hang on or anything, which I found more funny and amusing than anything. Finally she told me they had a room I could move to. I get to the new room, which had a much less strong smoke smell. Got into bed and enjoyed listening to the outdoor noise and hallway noise. The place was loud. The next morning I awoke and started to make some coffee. Red light comes on, I hear coffee maker noises, I go about my morning routine. I come back maybe 5 mins later, no coffee. Odd, I thought and pushed the start button again. So thing, red light, noise, but no coffee. I pull out the cup and on the pod (I always stick the 2nd pod in my cup for stronger coffee) was this nasty looking white slime. EWW! I pull out the actually filer area and there is more white slim! I look in the water chamber and mold (i am guessing) is floating on the water! EWW EWW EWW! And the smell, oh my, give me the smoke smell any day. I was so gross. I reported this to the front desk and they gave me a free coffee so again, great people, terrible rooms. The rooms are just old and showing it. The bedspread in the 2nd room had a big streak of dried paint on it too. My coworker also had a weird room, she had no bath towels. Unfortunately she discovered this upon exiting the shower and had to use a wash cloth to dry off with. It sounds like this place needs some looking into and help.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback about our team members. We are so disappointed to read of your experience and we appreciate you allowing the opportunity to correct it during your visit. We have shared your detailed comments with the appropriate department representatives so that this type of experience will not occur again in the future.
Lilburn, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I always stay at the Hilton Doubletree Hotel near the Tampa Airport when I come to the Tampa/Sarasota/St. Petersburg area for senior tennis tournaments. My TOP TEN reasons are:
1, Mrs. Darlene "Sunshine" Zummo (a Guest Relations executive at this property who takes special care of Hilton's Gold & Black Diamond members ) always seems to find a way to secure me an upgraded room.
2. Mrs. Zummo and the entire hotel staff smile a lot...and they always have a "we can do that" attitude.
3. Michael Pagliarli, the Food & beverage Director, provides a chef each morning to ensure that your eggs are cooked to order. The breakfast buffet is bountiful...and always fresh,
4. "Jimmy"...the Concierge Host always makes certain that your Happy Hour is M*I*G*H*T*Y H*A*P*P*Y. Jimmy is both a Great Host and seasoned tennis player.
5. The hotel rooms were recently renovated and they are beautifully decorated.
6. The beds are firm and the comforters are first class.
7. There is plenty of valet parking if you need it.
8. The magnificent pool area is located inside the property so you have privacy.
9. The Chocolate Chip cookie that you are given at check in is freshly baked and delicious.
10. The hotel is located close to a shopping mall, fine dining, fast food, and the Hardrock Casino. The Tampa Airport is far enough away so you do not hear planes taking off or landing.
Bottom line...my many experiences at this hotel have ALL BEEN OUTSTANDING...! AND THEIR PRICES ARE VERY REA$ONABLE...!
I am already looking forward to a repeat visit and upcoming tennis tournament in St. Petersburg early next year...!

Jimmy

Room Tip: Ask to talk with "Sunshine"...!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Burnham Market, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Looks ok from the outside . In an area not too far from the airport and close to all the opposition as you might Warm welcome and obviously revamped lobby etc. If you want to lose the kids this is the place! Marvellous too if you are fan of mazes and rabbit warrens. The person who designed the inside of this place ... The corridors and the room numbering ...must have won awards! On a positive note one of the better buffet breakfast I've had in ages! The business package was incredibly cheap

• Stayed November 2012

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!