“Good, but not what you expect for price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Good, but not what you expect for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a classic hotel, where everything costs money, and the room is small. They have a lot to learn from "cheap" motels, who frequently offer the same amenities, plus things like free (ok: "included") breakfast, microwave, fridge, etc. Don't get me wrong... If you want a "fancy" hotel, which pampers you for a price, this may be what you're looking for. For me, I'd rather pay less and get more for it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to provide our guests with many cost savings that are not always offered at upscale, full service hotels. Examples include complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms and public areas, complimentary parking, complimentary 24 hour fitness center, complimentary 24 hour business center and complimentary airport shuttle service. Additionally, our DoubleTree by Hilton offers two fantastic dining options with affordable prices.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a room overlooking the back of the hotel. We had no problems with noise or any disturbance that other reviewers had. The room given to me was clean and comfortable. Pretty much the same type of good quality I had experienced in other Doubletree hotels around the country I've been to. Comfortable bed, large bathroom, etc. WIFI connection was good. When we arrived at Tampa airport, I called the hotel to pick us up. The shuttle arrived within minutes! Amazing. The short 5 minute ride took us to the hotel. We were told that the hotel shuttle will take us anywhere within 2 mile radius with included an international mall which had many global brands and a smaller mall. Shuttle is free of charge.
We had dinner at the sports bar which was wonderful. The food was great tasting and prices reasonable.
Breakfast buffet was fantastic, perhaps one of the best I've experienced in a Doubletree hotel. Even if you have to pay for it I highly recommended it. If you are a Gold or Diamond HHonors member then congratulations on scoring big on this rejuvenating meal to start the day.
Staff was friendly and helpful. We will most definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the fantastic, detailed review! We appreciate you taking the time to highlight our complimentary services and we're so pleased that you had a wonderful experience. We consistently receive very positive feedback about our extensive Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast Buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Everyone was friendly, helpful, it was very clean. Great value including restaurants. Shuttle service to Port of Tampa very cheap, and prompt. Would stay here again, I will always search for Doubletree when I travel.

• Stayed August 2012
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed for 4 days while visiting family in Tampa. This hotel is very conveniently located close to the airport and rental car providers. I stayed on the top floor of the tower and cannot say that I as disappointed with the accommodations. There were a few areas in the bathroom where the building is starting to show its age, but the room was in no way in bad condition. The room was quiet and clean. The food at the restaurant was excellent and the service quite good.

I will most likely stay here the next time I visit Tampa.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 10th floor of the tower. Also, if you like background noise - like I do - get a r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for highlighting our great location, food quality, service and cleanliness. We look forward to your next visit!
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Strike one: Upon check in at 11 pm I was told my King room was not ready. I had to wait 20 minutes while guest services tracked down a maid to get it ready.
Strike two: The toilet continually runs unless I manually open the tank and push the stopper in place. Everytime I flush the toilet.
Strike three: There was a curly black hair on the bathroom door handle.

That about sums it up. I shutter to think about how they treat their regular guests, as I am a silver member and this is what I was greeted with.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are disappointed to read of your experience, including the unusual delay upon arrival. Our DoubleTree by Hilton routinely earns high scores for both cleanliness and maintenance of rooms. Your comments will be reviewed with the appropriate team members so that we may make the appropriate corrections.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel has a fast and friendly check in service. The hotel is clean and comfortable. There are many restaurants and shops around. The pool was nice and clean. I really enjoyed the Sports Bar in the lobby the food was really good and the price was right. I visited there with my children and husband. My father and his family were visiting Tampa from NY and also stayed here. Everyone really enjoyed the stay. The kids really liked the fresh hot chocolate chip cookies upon check in. The halls in the hotel show some wear and tear but the rooms are clean, nice size and the beds are very comfortable. The cleaning staff never left enough towels but we would call and they would bring some right up. Would stay here again if visiting the Tampa area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is what service is all about. The guy is great. you can tell he loves his job.
I stay here for this reason only.

I have been a Hilton Honors for years and it is really nice to be recognized when I walk into a room. Jimmy takes the time to talk to you. He is very genuine, and he really cares.
More Jimmys more money for Doubletree.

The breakfast were great and the people are very friendly. The rates are very affortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!