“A great hotel with an awesome staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2x Points Package
Ranked #78 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“A great hotel with an awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I attended a conference at this hotel last week. Everything was perfect. The meeting room, the food and beverage, guest rooms and the entire staff. Everyone was friendly and eager to assist me and the other attendees.. I wish I could have stayed a few extra days for some much needed R & R..

Thank you Doubletree!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
We agree with your subject line 100%! We're delighted that you had a successful conference and we hope that you can include some R & R during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at this hotel in Aug of 2011 for a trip to Bush Gradens. Double Trees and Hilton hotels tend to be my go to hotels because I know what expect in the quality of the services and the hotel. The hotel it's self was in good order. We found out when we got there that there was a event in the hotel that night so the place was packed. But I have to give the valet staff propers because they did a good job at getting people in and out of their cars, and they hotel had posted a security guard at the entry way that lead to the guest rooms, and required everyone to show there room key inorder to pass. I found this to be a nice surprise since there was so much going on in the hotel that night. The pool is beautiful as well, even though it took us awhile to figure out where the towels where. My biggest issue with this hotel started with our room service. My husband and I had eating in the restaurant while waiting for our friends to arrive and had a nice meal and pleasant experience. So when we order dessert for room service where surprised when it was HORRIBLE!!! Now I understand the room service is expensive and there are surcharges. But on top of the normal room service charge there was an additional charge for the deliver of the food which we did not see cause it was in small print on the bottom of the meun. What brought this to my attenation was the four 4 desserts and milk and soda it was $80 we all where shocked. I expected $50 or sooo which is still a lot for just dessert. But $80 is what made everyone just eat their dessert even though it was horriable. So after finding out from everyone that they really hated their dessert I called room services to ask about the bill and to complain about the food and the service of our waiter that brought it ( he acted annoyed and bothered the whole time). The manger in the room serivce agrued with me and told me that room services comes with extra charges. She was being load enough and rude enough to make everyone able to hear her and look at me like are you serious. I told her that I stay at Hilton hotels all the time and that I understand stuff is a little pricer and their are charges for room service, but I don't understand and two separate charges for delivery especially when you are still expected to tip the waiter!! I then started to tell her how horrible the dessert was, and she was like well you guys ate it? Arguing with me about it, and I then told her it was because it was $80 and my friends felt bad because my husband I were paying for it!! I then told her that if the dessert had been good I would even be complaining, but that the entire experience with room service from start to finish was unexceptionable especially for a Hilton hotel!! She then asked what I wanted her to do, and I said to take the charge off my room. After spending a good 10mins or so arguing with me about my complaints and being very annoyed with me she finally said I can take it off your bill but you can't order room service the rest of your stay. I said that is fine I will not be eating the hotel the rest of my stay. So this is where my POOR rating comes from!!! After getting off the phone with room service I decided to go to the front desk and ask to speak with the general manager, because I had never experianced such horriable services or food at a Hilton hotel ( and I stay at them A LOT!!). This is where my review changes to amazing!!! When I got to the front desk I ask to speak with the manager, and that I did not want to speak with the resturant or room service manager because of my experiance. The women I spoke with was extreamly friendly, understanding, and upset by what had happend. I told her the entire story from start to finish. Explaining that I stay at double trees and hiltons all the time and the reason is because I am willing to pay more for the clean hotel, good services, and overall a high standard, and that this is the worst expeicance I have ever had at a D.T. or Hilton hotel!! The front desk manager wrote down key points of what I told her, and the names of everyone that was involved. She then asked me what she could do to make it up to me. She offered me extra points if I was H.H members (which I am not) or she could take off 1/2 the charge for my room stay. I choice the the 1/2 off my room stay. This manager was amazing and wonderful and completely turned our stay around ( I wish I knew her name). She told us we could order room service if we wanted to, but understood if we choice not too. When it came time to check out they hadn't charged us for the valet parking of two cars for two days which I believe was like $10 or $20 a day per car, and they had taking 1/2 off our room rate for each nights stay. And the front desk manager had insured me that she would be handling the situation and letting higher up know what had happend, and that she was very sorry. So my overall review is average for this hotel. My advice is if you have a bad experience is to speak up, because they do care. But this would not be my frist choice when going back to Tampa. Which we are actually doing in a few weeks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing our team to address your concerns and demonstrate that we care.
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel services are A-OK and the room was OK. Got a room facing the interstate and the rooms are not soundproof.

The hotel itself is VERY VERY confusing. Took around 15-20 minutes to walk from the front desk to the tower or section of the hotel I was staying in. In the morning I came to discover that the directions given were just not of any use. I found a shorter way into the lobby, but all the directional signs from the front desk to the rooms is way convoluted.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for the compliments about our service and rooms. While we're one of the largest hotels in Tampa, the walk from our lobby to any guest room should range from less than 1 minute to a maximum of just a few minutes. We apologize that you found the signs and hotel diagram difficult.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel is like a maze. a lot of waking just to find your room. Room was clean. We asked for a pool or garden view but our room view was a busy highway (I-4) we were just a few feet away from a heavy traffic and noisy road. Our reservations included daily breadfast but got surprise when we were ask to pay $12 per person per day for breadfast. Luckly I had a copy of our online reservation and were able to show it to the staff so we can finally eat. Hotel is OK for business travelers, but I am not too sure about family travelers, our children (teens) were bored.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing highway because the noise is terrible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for commenting about the cleanliness of your room. Being one of the largest hotels in Tampa, we recognize that our layout can appear confusing, especially on your first visit. We've created a map that is provided with your key packet at check in, which shows that our building is a hollow square with a pool courtyard / atrium in the center.
White Plains, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Hotel conveniently located to Tampa airport. Sports bar and restaurant in lobby make hotel very busy. Attached covered garage is good amenity. Property is a bit dated but rooms were comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. Also try for room facing back or side of hotel rather than front par...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree near Westshore Mall in early May, 2012. Upon checkin, I was greeted b a young man who was very pleasant...name may have been Trent, and he helped me get a room even though I did not have a prior reservation. The location was great with being just a mile south of International Plaza and 1/4 of a mile from Westchase Mall. There were several good restaurants in the immediate area. The airport was literally 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the Interstate. I stayed the first time, and my rool faced to the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for highlighting the benefits of our location. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Fruitland Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I and two other couples had plans to attend a Kenny Chesney concert on June 2, 2012. I made the arrangement at a near by Hilton many months in advance. Today I logged into to confirm my reservations and realized I had mistakenly reserved only one room. To make a long story short, I called the Doubletree near by and was transferred immediately to Julia, she in short order fixed my problem. Not only did she get me the rooms, but she did so honoring the Hilton rate I got many months earlier talk about Hhonors! this level of service and individual personal concern for a guest is beyond expectation. There are tons of details I'm leaving out. The point is they cared and did not leave me hanging. I can only imagine the stay. We are looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Pool view are best
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We're delighted that we could help. Our team really does care and it's very rewarding to read that you had this impression. We hope that you had a great time at the concert!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!