Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Italiasia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Matt Hogue was a great server...I went to dinner by myself for a quick dinner. He was great, polite, and efficient. He noticed I was reading and only came over when necessary! It was wonderful. I loved him so much I have requested him for my group dinner tonight!!! Oh and the FOOD WAS AMAZING Awesome addition of Mache on the entrees! IN LOVE WITH IT!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Two of us went to the ItaliAsia for dinner tonig and the food and the service were excelent. Our waiter Matt Hogue was very helpfull and made our evening special.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Matt was our server at a business presentation I had in the resturant. He was courteous, helpful and very aplogetic when the food was delayed in getting out to us. He did try his best to get our food out and kept the tea and other beverages coming. There were 7 of us and he was a very good server.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for the nice compliment about Matt and for your understanding regarding the food delay.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Everything that could have gone wrong, and I do mean EVERYTHING did. Here's a summary:
1. On Sunday, 2/26 when I tried to check in, the rude staff at front desk made me wait for 2.5 hours to get a room and did not call when room was available and told me that they did not have the time to look. They did offer me a room on the first floor but considering the neighborhood and since I'm a female I declined and wanted to wait for one to become available, and 2.5 hours later I finally got my third choice. Of course as soon as I was in my room and began changing a staff member almost walked in on me [thankfully the deadbolt was working in this third room]. 2. Complete disorganization, when I asked to speak w/ a manager, after the front desk girl [Anabel] went in the back to get the manager, she came back and told me that there are no managers on duty on the wknds and that I have to speak to a supervisor, which is every person who was working behind the front desk that day. Thankfully Karel was the only staff member who was professional that day. 3. Many rooms in disrepair, ie deadbolt hanging off the wall, balcony not locking, phone line not working, water in bathtub. 4. On 2/28 I came back to discover that my room was left open while the Engineer fixing my tub went back to get more tools. At this point, Davila comped me one night's stay. When I called the mail Hilton number to file my complaint with Headquarters I was told that my comments would be logged and someone would follow up with me in three days. Am I the least bit surprised that no one did? I would never stay at at Hilton Doubletree again.

The only positive experience I can share was about the staff at Italiasia restaurant on Sunday night. They were truly professional and behaved in a manner that catered to the customer. Very polite and the food was ample and tasty. Thank goodness.

Room Tip: Please spare yourself the aggravation and do not stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
We are very disappointed to see this feedback from your recent stay. We do have a detailed record of your interactions with our team members. Fortunately, the other members of your party and the primary contact from this large convention shared very positive comments about their experience at our DoubleTree by Hilton. We appreciate your compliments about our new restaurant concept, ItaliAsia, and the service.

Please know that we try our best to accommodate early arrivals, such as your morning arrival on Sunday, 2/26. We apologize about the impression created by our Front Office team member and we're glad that Karel could assist in a professional manner.

In addition to the assistance provided by Davina, our Front Office Manager, our records show that Hilton Guest Assistance did respond and provided a resolution that was agreed to be acceptable.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Doubletree in Tampa. WE just had a terrible experience at another hotel and this one was a godsend. The room was very roomy and clean. Check in was a breeze and the staff was very accomidating and friendly. We ate in the sport bar and the service was prompt and courtious. We are sure to stay there again when we are in Tampa.

Room Tip: non-smoking
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We're so glad that we could come to the rescue! Thank you for the compliment about our staff and your experience in our sports pub. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Lilburn, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

As a retiree (34+years with the same company) and frequent traveler (very close to 3,000,000 miles on Delta Air Lines) to senior tennis tournaments around the USA, I have stayed at many, MANY hotels around the USA.
The DoubleTree/Hilton Hotel at the Tampa Airport is MY VERY, V*E*R*Y FAVORITE place to stay when away from home.
This recently renovated property has an atmosphere that exudes "TLC."
The rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff is Friendly and has a "can do attitude." The breakfast buffet includes a chef who custom prepares you meal. The lounge has "last call" at 12:30 PM and serves GREAT FOOD.
I just finished another four night "stay."
Bottom line...this property's rooms are a TREMENDOU$ value compared to nearby, comparable, upscale properties.
AND, their Guest Services Manager ( Mrs. Darlene Z.) makes sure that your stay is "S*P*E*C*I*A*L."
Strongly suggest that you consider giving it a try. You will not be disappointed....! You will be pleased with their price, atmosphere, food, and the FRIENDLY ATTITUDE of the Hardworking Staff.

Jim

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I remember back in the day this was the premier hotel in Tampa. Still not bad, it is clean and comfortable. But it is time for a update and some heavier maintenance. Closet door was hard to operate, toilet was loose in some manner. With the exception of the lobby area the rest of the property is dated. I will say the breakfast is very good, employees are very nice and frendly. Free parking is good and next door to Charlies Steakhouse is a plus. I had a 10th floor room overlooking the interstate and you could hear road noise all night. If your a light sleeper this would be a big problem. The gift shop has some unique items, this one and the one at Hilton a few miles away are very nice. The 10th floor is the VIP floor and the happy hour staff and selection was very nice, one of the better ones i would say. Will stay here again, but not if the rate goes much over $120 per night.

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper dont get a room that is next to the interstate, road noise all the time.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the compliments about the our team members, our breakfast and the Hilton Honors reception. We've invested nearly $17 million in improvements during the past few years, including guest room and function space renovations. Most recently, our restaurant was renovated and we introduced the new dining concept, ItaliAsia. Our Engineering team follows a detailed preventative maintenance program and our Housekeeping team works closely with our Engineers to address items like the loose toilet and closet door. We appreciate you reporting this information and allowing our team to make the necessary corrections.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!