“Everything wonderful except for front desk manager Holly Bowers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Everything wonderful except for front desk manager Holly Bowers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

First of all I WOULD stay at this hotel again...it has a great location and is reasonable. The rooms are a little dated but I think that they have made great efforts to improve its appearance. However if my two nights here were going to be gaged by how I was checked in at the front desk (by manager nonetheless) I would NEVER stay here again. There was no smile, no welcome to Doubletree, it was more of we were bothering her by doing a check in. WE had to ask about parking, elevators...etc. That should be offered by the front desk...it only takes a few moments and means so much when you are checking in..first impressions are VERY important.My goodness and when we asked her directions to the Times Forum (to see a hockey game) you would have thought we were asking for a room with a jacuzzi! She sighed...looked it up on mapquest, printed it out and shoved the papers at us. I am thinking that since she is the manager and she has climbed up the ladder she doesnt feel it is necessary to make efforts with customer service anymore...her days of trying to prove that she can do the job well are over? What kind of role model is she for the others? Everyone can have a bad day but unfortunately when you have accepted a job in the world of customer service, you leave those feelings at home and come to work putting those feelings / thoughts aside. I cannot say enough about the kindness of the other staff though...they really made up for where she was lacking. They are the reason that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from the freeway...the noise from the road may bother you..
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
We certainly agree about the importance of first impressions and we appreciate your compliment about the kindness of our staff. DoubleTree by Hilton emphasizes the importance of warm, caring service and it all starts with the arrival and warm cookie. The team member mentioned is a Supervisor and we will utilize your feedback in order to improve in the future. Divina Corkery, our Front Office Manager, was recently recognized by our management company as one of the top performers in 2011.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Cumberland, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The complete professionalism of the entire staff during my recent stay was "Second to None" they were so knowledgeable and curteous. There was one customer service representative in particular that seemed to go above all that with advice on dining selections and sightseeing, that by the way was stellar. So here is a "Salute" to Shomy. Thanks so much for an unforgettable experience in the Tampa, Fl. area.

Room Tip: I was in a room by the first floor conference rooms so evenings were real quiet, and close to the lo...
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

we stayed here for an allstate conferance with my husband and family. we were on the freeway side and the noise botheard my husband so we asked to be moved and they were able to do thiswith a smile on their faces so polite and freindly. every one had a smile on their faces and helped each other when needed. The maids were very helpful also. said hi and were very freindly. would use this hotel again if we come back next year. thank you for your hospitality and smiles.

Room Tip: i don't know but i bet if you asked the front service people they would help you out
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Willard Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Everything went very well and worked out as planned. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful during my 5 night stay. Overnight rooms as well as the meeting rooms were set up very well and never an issue with anything. From Shomy and everyone at the front desk to Tiffany Hughes in the Banquet Office all 25 members of our party enjoyed the time there.

Great Place to hold a meeting!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was sent her for training for my new position in the company. The front desk was very nice, especially Holly & LaLithia, they are amazing!! Even when there was an issue, they were very accommodating!!!
The van drivers William, Eddie, & Johnny were friendly, funny, and cool!!! Especially when we got out of a cold training room and put the heater on in the van, they didnt say anything! Lol! Also, they are willing to wait for you when you run to a Walgreens, CVS, or convenience store as long as they dont get called by hotel. Love them!!!
The resteraunt at the hotel, ItaliAsia, has some great servers!! The business paid for the buffet for breakfast & dinner for us. The servers at dinner, Aldo, Aldo's sister (hostess), & Kenny were amazing!! Nice people who were attentive and sociable!! I didnt even have to tell them what I wanted to drink when we went for dinner. woot woot!! For breakfast Anne & Eza (?) was very attentive too! love them all too!!

I would definately advise people to stay here in Tampa!! I am also going to bring my son back for vacation from AZ and stay here. :) And I would pay then :(

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool/spa are great!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012 via mobile

We ordered our room from a 3rd party on the Internet and no Idea how our rooms would be but with the excellent service when we first walked in the door was nice

• Stayed January 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I loved my stay at the Tampa Westshore. The hotel is perfectly located, central to everything.accommodations are the nicest and up to the high standards of Doubletree and Hilton. I was always recognized as a Hilton Gold member, and was always called by name. Did I mention the great breakfast buffet! One of the best at any hotel. The real treasure is their staff. The Hilton Honors Guest Manager, Darleen is fantastic. I wish she was at every hotel I stay at. There isn't anything she wouldn't do to make your stay enjoyable. I felt like family. Korel, the front desk supervisor, couldn't be more efficient and friendly. I true gentleman; I always felt secure that anything I needed was delivered. Every staff member not just read the book on superior customer service, but practices it everyday. Thank you and at my next trip to Tampa, I will definitely be staying at the Doubletree Westshore.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!