“Can't wait to stay here again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Can't wait to stay here again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011 via mobile

Where to start,,,,hotel shuttle with a 2 mile radius is great,,shopping and dining all around the area,,,football stadium down the street,,,airport is 10 mins away. Hotel bar has nice bar food and plenty of cold drinks. Bed was very comfortable,,nice bathroom,,,and shuttle will pick you up from airport. What did I miss,,,this hotel covered everything I needed. Thanks

• Stayed September 2011
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for the very positive review of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I needed a place near my office in Tampa for a night, so I was pretty happy to find the Doubletree had a special on point redemptions. It was for a room with two queen beds, not my preference, but I can deal with it for one night. I am a Hilton Diamond Member and even with the lack of inventory in my preferred room type, I am usually happy with the room that is selected for me.

Check in was fast, a bit too fast as it seemed like it was a rush to get me out of there, but it was speedy and I can't complain about that. A smile, friendlier approach would have been better, but maybe it was quitting time! I did get my luke warm cookie. Pretty good for 10 PM.

The room was probably one of the most convenient in the hotel, so no long walk for me.... Problem is, it was the first room behind the elevator bank on the third floor. Room 325. As a hospitality professional, I would classify this room in the last rent category due to location.

Room was upadated, clean, and overall what I would expect in a DoubleTree. The elevator rumble started in the morning. Note that I think it was the service elevators, not the guest elevators.

In the morning, I went to breakfast in the restaurant. Restaurant was average busy, but seemed under control. Took a few minutes to be "pointed" to a table. Drink order taken and I proceed to buffet. Average buffet offerings, with an omelet station. From the buffet, I observer that my table had actually been already given to someone else, whom they reseated. I return to table to find that extra settings had not been cleared, so I push them aside. A few moments later, server assistant comes and resets the extra settings, rather than clearing them.. Otherwise, the server was friendly and efficient. In fact the server was the best example of service that I found in this hotel.

I went to the gift shop to purchase a beverage. Upon asking, the gift shop lady rudely proclaimed "no room charges". Against my better judgement, I continued the purchase and handed her a twenty from my wallet. It was a little torn, but you would have swore that I tried to pass her a counterfeit $100 by the way she examined it. I noticed a small PANTREE as I was exiting the hotel. Buy your items at this shop, NOT THE GIFT SHOP in the lobby.

Front desk check out was quick and to the point.

Overall, the hotel facility is decent. The issue that I have with this hotel is that the staff is very cold, unfriendly, and just overall lack in service standards. I did not feel welcome here and that is my basis for putting them near the bottom of my stay list in Tampa..

There are better options in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators. Middle of the hall seems ok.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed feedback. It's nice to read that you received your warm cookie upon arrival at 10pm and that you found our rooms to be updated and clean. While the gift shop is leased and operated by an outside party, we certainly understand that the experience and service in the gift shop is a reflection of the hotel. We will address your experience with the gift shop operator. The DoubleTree by Hilton brand is built upon creating a warm and caring experience for our guests. We will certainly use your feedback as a part of our team training to reinforce the importance of friendliness and hospitality.
Bonifay, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We were in Tampa this past weekend for a concert and booked a room at the Doubletree. The location couldn't be beat. It was super convenient to the major interstates, and had lots of great restaurants and the mall located nearby. The hotel room was very clean and modern. The bed was comfortable and we slept like a dream. We had a nice balcony view of the pool, but had some trees blocking us, giving us a little privacy. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Since wi-fi was not included for free with the room, we inquired about it, and they gave it to us free of charge. The parking was a bit of a nightmare, however. The parking garage had limited spaces and no elevator. Valet parking was $10 per day. The valet, Gary, was wonderful and took care of us all weekend, making sure we never had to wait for our car, and also gave us some complimentary nearby shuttle rides. The only complaint I have about the room was the fact that there was no refrigerator or microwave, two things that I would expect of a hotel in this price level. But the staff gets 5 stars!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving our staff 5 stars and for your compliments about the Front Desk team being friendly and accommodating. We appreciate all of the nice comments about your experience and the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

My employer had to change a meeting venue less than a week before the meeting start date. This property offered a very good deal, including complimentary vouchers for a very high quality breakfast buffet. Many of us had the less desirable rooms with a view of the highway but there are also quite a few rooms with balconies and a view of the pool. My tower room was comfortable and the only noise I heard was the hum of the highway. I had free use of the wireless network & business center. I received consistently excellent treatment including help with scanning a document and even a card and a delicious fruit plate for my birthday (since my husband sent a flower arrangement to the hotel). Great food and people. I recommend it based on quality (not luxury) and a convenient location for business meetings. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you are not up to walking a bit, you should request a room closer to the pool, not the "towe...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Westborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We spent our last night at this hotel prior to departure from Tampa. Check in without a smile, it is a massive hotel!. There were 2 Elevators to our room area and 1 was out of service on Labor Day weekend. You could have retired waiting for the elevator in service. Hallways carpet are worn out and stained, same story with entrance inside our room and other areas. Old tube TV, bathroom very basic and dirty, lot of mildew in bathroom tiles and shower curtain was hung "hit or miss". I was hoping to get some sun light once I opened the curtains next day but instead was surprised with a concrete wall and narrow pieces of glass at the top.
Our check out was at 12noon by hotel rules but at 7AM we had a room cleaning person opening our door without knocking first. Luckily we had the safety hook on. The night before we had a hard know at our door several times which we notified the front desk. That made us wonder about our safety.

I went out mid morning and needed to contact my husband who stayed in the room. When cell calls failed, I tried the hotel main phone number several times with no response. Notified the phone issue later in person at check out but the response was "we always answer the phone here".

This hotel has a lot of work to do. Based on reviews, it was ugly outside but nice inside. Sorry, I failed to see the beauty of it inside. Maybe customer service could have made it better.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, September 11, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We're fortunate to have a very experienced and outgoing front office team, so we are surprised and disappointed that the check in experience set the wrong tone. Our hotel installed flat panel HDTV's in all rooms and public areas over 18 months ago and there are no tube TV's on property. The hotel maintains 24 hour security coverage, including key card access required for entry points other than the lobby. We have a total of 6 guest elevators. Unfortunately, 1 elevator was temporarily out of service, however, our engineering team acted immediately and the repair was completed within 72 hours. Our hotel is currently ranked above the DoubleTree brand average in our bathroom cleanliness scores and we will certainly address your comments and the early morning disturbance with our Housekeeping team. All guest room hallways were renovated in 2009, which included new carpet, wall coverings, ceiling texture and lighting. Our housekeeping team maintains a regular schedule for carpet cleaning on guest room floors.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

Very kind person in the front desk, best cookie.. But.. Room is not what u see on the pictures. Feels very old like 90's.. No fridge. Nothing complimentary, breakfast is expensive. I was surprised that INTERNET is NOT FREE, wow! Every single corner of USA offers free wi-fi, but not double tree. And that smell, horrible, feeled like somewhere hidden dead rat. 2 stars hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our front office team and our famous cookie. All guest rooms have been recently renovated and include contemporary amenities, such as flat panel HDTV's, Citron bath products and the Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree bedding collection with pillow top mattress and triple sheeting. Our DoubleTree brand website or major online travel websites are the best resource for online images of the hotel. All images were photographed following renovations and within the past two years so that they are an accurate portrayal of our current rooms product. We're happy to provide many complimentary amenities at our DoubleTree by Hilton, including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout all public areas, complimentary parking, complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle service, complimentary fitness center and complimentary business center. The DoubleTree by Hilton brand does not currently include complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms, however, our hotel did extend complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms throughout the entire summer as a special promotion. Additionally, HHonors Gold & Diamond members receive complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms and complimentary breakfast each morning.
Suwanee, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed only one night out of a four night booking. On the first morning (8/29) I found two food containers in the dresser drawer. One contained a bunch of chewed up chicken bones and other scraps, the second contained some kind or sauce that had leaked to the bottom of the dresser. I am a vegetarian and was completely grossed out. I left immediately, to go to another hotel. I do not plan on staying at Doubletree again, as I was under the impression that this was a nice property, with full amenities and nice condition. but this is an oversight one expects at motel 6.

I have a video from my phone that I took to 'capture the moment' - I can share it with you if you like. Maybe the management will want to use if for their next advertising campaign - Free Breakfast

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
It is very unusual that a dresser drawer would have garbage from a previous guest, as the Housekeeping inspection process includes all drawers open prior to the final inspection and room being made vacant in our systems. Our records show that you spoke with our Assistant General Manager upon arrival regarding your Expedia reservation being made at the wrong hotel and your request for a refund on a prepaid reservation. We apologize that the hotel does not have the ability to issue a refund on behalf of Expedia. We are disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with our property despite our efforts to assist with your reservation.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!