“Awesome hotel I stay here every time I'm in Tampa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 10% with AAA!
Ranked #66 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Acworth, Georgia
“Awesome hotel I stay here every time I'm in Tampa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011 via mobile

Very good hotel clean neat and updated. Very convenient to all points in Tampa. The pub in the hotel has really great menu with excellent food. Charlies Steakhouse right next door has the best steaks I have ever eaten and the Martinis rock! Then you can stumble back to your room or hit the sweet hidden pool in the middle of the hotel.. I'm a "road warrior" for my job and stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week and this place is one of my favorite Double Trees in the S. East.

• Stayed July 2011
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. It's especially rewarding to read such a nice review from an individual that travels so often and visits so many hotels. Our team really strives to provide special comforts while you're with us and away from home. We sincerely appreciate your business and we look forward to welcoming you back!

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the last two nights of our Florida holiday. Great hotel and fantastic service. Breakfast was wonderful!!! Healthy selection, fresh fruit & omelletes. Room was clean and comfortable, pool and jacuzzi were amazing with lots of trees - paradise within the middle of a hotel in Tampa! Would definitely stay again, six minutes to the Tampa airport, free parking as well.

Room Tip: Request a room on pool side of hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing details about your recent stay! We appreciate your great comments about our tropical courtyard and outdoor pool located in the center of the hotel. Many guests do not realize that we have this "hidden gem" until they visit for the first time. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had an early flight out of TPA, so I decided to get a room near the airport and spend the night before I left in Tampa. I went to Priceline and made a bid of $30. I got the Doubletree. Now I was expecting this 3 star hotel to treat me like a 1 star customer because I paid so little for the room. Boy, was I wrong! From the moment I stepped into the hotel (actually , before I got inside if you count the valets' cheerful "hello and welcome") I was treated like a VIP. The young lady at the front desk was cheerful and helpful and very friendly. ( It wasn't very busy, so we had a nice chat when we discovered we had both spent time living in Houston. ) The fresh warm chocolate chip/walnut cookie was a nice touch. The room was large and spacious and had a balcony. (Not all do.) The beds were heavenly. I had a few errands to run (this was around 4:30 pm) and when I returned an hour later, my room was like a sauna. The a/c was blowing hot air in from outside. I immediately called the front desk. In less than 5 minutes, two gentlemen from engineering were at my door to address the situation. Within minutes, they had diagnosed what they believed might be the problem. But rather than fix it and hope it held, they decided it would be better to just replace the unit. They told me it would take a little less than an hour, but if I wanted a different room, they would certainly take care of moving me immediately. I had already unpacked some, so I decided to keep the room. I went down to the bar and had a drink (a wonderful, friendly staff as well) and when I returned to my room 40 minutes later, Ricardo (from engineering) was putting the finishing touches on installing my new unit and thermostat. And the room was chilled to perfection. NOW THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE.

This is without a doubt the BEST treatment I have ever received at any hotel.. from 1 star to 5. The Doubletree West Shore staff, with their friendly, "customer comes first" attitude does it right... and does it better than anyone else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
We're very proud to have delivered the best experience that you've ever received at a hotel! It's so rewarding for our team to read this type of feedback. In particular, we appreciate the positive comments about the attitude of our staff members. Regardless of the type of reservation made at our property, we provide the same comforts and acts of kindness to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

When I walked up to the front desk, I was immediately greeted with a warm and friendly smile. The young lady that checked me in was very helpful and informative. I truly felt like I was a valued customer in the few minutes that I spoke with her. She even gave me some extra cookies for my husband. They were very delicious and only sweetened the deal. I've worked in the customer service industry for a while and sadly it is becoming a lost art. I'm glad to see that it's alive and kicking at this hotel. I also received a great deal on my room. I was only there for one night so didn't experience the amenities of the hotel. This hotel is very convenient to local shopping centers, the airport and downtown Tampa. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your compliments on our location and the customer service provided by our team members. We also appreciate your recommendation to others! We look forward to creating another exceptional stay for you in the future!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

People were friendly and helpful. Really could not enjoy the pool area because of broken and ripped lounge chairs. So easy to fix and it makes the hotel look run down.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ADePiro, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. I'm happy to report that all of our pool lounge chairs are in the process of having new upholstery fabric installed.
Bristol, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed at the Doubletree after returning from a cruise and could not have been happier. The shuttle picked us up promptly from the dock on Sunday morning and when we got to the hotel at 10:30 our room was ready and waiting. The room was clean and well appointed and the staff was very helpful.
They offer a free shuttle anywhere within two mile of the hotel so that afternoon we had them take us to a mall and after some shopping and a movie we called the hotel and they quickly came and picked us up for our return trip. Dinner that night in the sports bar was excellent and reasonably priced and the shuttle to the airport the next morning was right on time and only a short ride.
All of the staff, from the housekeepers and drivers to the front desk management were polite, friendly, and extremely helpful at all times.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments. We're delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to enjoy a meal in our Sports Bar and take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

The Doubletree at the Tampa airport is a good business hotel. The staff is helpful and the rooms are nicely renovated. The restaurants, etc. in the surrounding area are not great, but for a quick trip to Tampa, it's a good hotel in the Hilton family.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. Being located in one of the largest business districts in Florida, we place great emphasis on amenities and services for our business travelers. Some examples include our complimentary, 24 hour business center, remote printing capability with PrinterOn, complimentary shuttle service to local business offices and HHonors member benefits. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!