“Nice little place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Quiet, off the main road. Large rooms, beds were a little small. Rooms were comfortable. We had a full kitchen. Air conditioner was a little hard to work. All in all, I would stay there again. Price was good and staff help full.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

On my recent trip to Tampa another hotel in the area had not been able to honor our reservation for connecting rooms. I am there after 10 hours of travel with three children ages one, three and five with nowhere to go. Residence Inn gave us a suite that would accommodate our needs for the week. In these years where it seems like customer service is non existent this Residence Inn re-established a hope that customer service was still valued and amazing manager still existed. Not only was their service during our check-in above the norm but throughout the entire stay and in every aspect it was obvious to me that at least this hotel the customer experience was seen as the primary goal.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Residence Inn Tampa North. I accompanied my son for a campus visit at USF. The staff was incredibly helpful, always cheerful and quick to see that our stay was wonderful. Claudia went well out of her way to help me acquire some note cards that I needed. (THANK YOU, CLAUDIA!) We were pleasantly surprised to have a hamburger and fries dinner on Thursday night and the breakfast in the morning (scrambled eggs, hash browns, yogurt and fruit and granola cups and etc.) was great. Although we did not use it, our room had a complete kitchen as well.The shuttle service to the campus was very convenient. We will definitely stay here again when we come to the area. NOTE: We met a number of folks who were staying at this hotel because they had loved ones being treated at the cancer center. They also spoke very highly about their stays including the convenient shuttle service to the hospital. Thank you to the whole staff for your kindness and exceptional customer service!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Eastern Shore, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent two nights here with our young children. It offered a great place to relax after the park and the ability to cook our own meals. The hotel also offers a breakfast bar and that is very helpful with small children. Overall it was clean and easily accessible from Busch Gardens without the "next door price".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel with your family. Our fully equipped kitchens and full hot breakfast buffet, as well as our great location, make it a fun and easy getaway with kids. We hope to see you again soon!
Robert Newton
813 972 4400
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had requested a top floor but one was not reserved or available. However, the lovely front desk lady provided a room at the end of the hall for more quiet. (Heavy walkers were heard above me, though.) The room was spotless and breakfast pleasant.

I stayed here so I could cross the highway to visit Lettuce Leaf Park with it's boardwalks over wetlands and rivers. Saw a Bald Eagle nesting, a wood stork, and lots of the usual cast of feathered friends. A county park, admission is $4.00 a car or free to walkers. Hope you enjoy this excellent 1-3 hour walk in nature!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am not one much on words but I must give credit where credit is due. I was simply amazed when I stepped in the Marriott Resident Christmas Eve morning 2:40am, tired, sleepy, just worn, I was greeted with such a pleasant welcome by the staff, my tired subsided. I really enjoyed my stay. The property sets back in a plush flowery environment of peace. I felt so at home. I say a home away from home. I was there to enjoy peace and peace I enjoyed. My bed was soft, warm and comfy. I looked out the window and the trees were a sight to behold.

I cannot forget the breakfast. Continental, Maybe, I am not sure if so it was the best continental breakfast I ever had. Largest selection of food, served all in glass china, and it was very good.

From this Day forward The Marriott Residence Inn will be on my list of the Hotels to stay in on my trips away from Home. Loving It...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Longboat Key Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Residence Inn several times in the past when I have appointments at USF, Moffitt Cancer Ctr. The hotel has undergone a refurbishment of the breakfast and cocktail area, new wide screen TVs in the rooms, free wi-fi and USB Internet in rooms, but the staff has always been great, from the helpful people at the front desk to the very accommodating ladies at the complimentary breakfast and in the evening complimentary beer/wine and hot appetizers. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if your travels bring you to The North Tampa, USF area.

• Stayed December 2013
Robert N, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your great review! We take great pride in our service and and I have shared your comments with our team.
Robert Newton
813 972 4400

Been to Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!