“Great family and business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #31 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Halifax
“Great family and business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stayed at many Residence Inn hotels for work so we decided to try this out for our vacation. We stayed here in May of 2011 for a week in a two bedroom suite. This allowed my daughter to have her own room and gave us plenty of space. The room was a bit dated and worn in places but fully functional. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were able to borrow a high chair from the dinning room each night for our 2 year old and we ate all of our dinners in the room. The pool was a bit small but we usually had it to ourselves. This hotel is in a quiet business park like area with other hotels nearby. It is a short drive to restaurants and groceries. There is a manager reception Monday-Thursday which was great too -- again the staff were very helpful and friendly.

We found this hotel ideally located for trips to the Tampa Lowry Zoo, Busch Gardens and a comfortable drive (about 1 hour) to Clearwater beaches and Seaworld in Orlando.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed here because my Husband was on business and we wanted the extra room because we were taking my daughter with us. The Hotel itself is clean and the common areas are small but well maintained. The staff was very competent and knew what they were doing and took care of any problems we had immediately. The rooms thou are small and the beds were not as comfortable as those you would find in a better class of a Mariott Hotel are. We thought there would be more space because we needed the pull out bed but it was tight. The sleep sofa was not at all comfortable for my daughter. The Hotel itself is well situated and located close to Busch Gardens and other attractions. The breakfast were very good and the staff in the kitchen were teriffic (thank you Samantha). I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We stayed here after leaving the Hilton Garden Inn because of the smelly rooms and general "feel" of the Hilton's location and parking lot. You have to keep in mind, this is a 3-star hotels with consistent, institutional like service and food. It's not 4 or 5 star, but it's a comfortable place to stay for families vacationing in the area, visiting Busch Gardens or USF.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Robert N, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
BizTraveler1966:

Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our location and were comfortable. I hope you will stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Trumansburg, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This property and its staff are outstanding! Well away from the highway in a park-like setting, quiet. Pool, basketball court, outdoor fire pit, excellent breakfast room. Our suite was perfect! Immaculately clean, spacious rooms, quartz counters in the kitchenette, full size appliances, including dishwasher, and a staff who were incredibly welcoming, from top management to the housekeeping folks. Everyone wore a welcoming smile all day long. Nearby Lettuce Lake Park was a special treat. We saw turtles, alligators, and a significant number of bird species. What a treat!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FLTraveler08:
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and were able to enjoy Lettuce Lake Park. We hope to see you again soon!

(813)972 4400
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Love this hotel. Checked in for the weekend to take the kids to Busch Gardens. Huge room with granite countertops, full kitchen, large flat screen and great hot breakfast. Awesome room for a great value. Highly recommend

Hisfriend:
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms!

Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here on three seperate nights (three different rooms) within a week in February. Upon check-in, the staff was friendly and professional yet a bit cool and mechanical. The rooms were clean and the beds and pillows very comfortable. However the first morning the in-room coffee pot was unusable as it had burned on coffee. The biggest problem with this hotel is the ability to hear every sound in the halls and through the walls. We had the unfortunate event where the next door room had an alarm go off at 5:15 am and we had to call the front desk to go wake the person who sleep through it all. We could even hear the front desk call on their phone to wake them up! The breakfast here is outstanding. The breakfast staff is fantastic and everything is kept well stocked and spotless. On one occasion I overheard a woman complaining how she had traveled all the way to Florida and was sad she could not get a fresh orange. The young lady working there went and gave the guest an orange from her lunch sack. This place has both good and bad aspects to it making it difficult to fully recommend when compared to other Residence Inns I have used.but then again it certainly met most criteria for staying at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Cudame:
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and I have passed your comments along to our staff. I apologize for your inconveniences and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with future reservations.

Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am presently staying at the Residence Inn along with my Mom, sister and brother while my Dad is at Moffett Cancer Center. Our stay has been fantastic. The room is wonderful and we have more than enough room in the 2 bedroom unit. The manager, Robert is a wonderful, caring person who goes out of his way anytime we need something. We have found the entire staff to be so helpful. I would like to give a special thanks to Samantha who is a hard worker and so outgoing and friendly. The breakfast which is provided each morning is delicious and leaves you wanting for nothing. The social hour is an added plus where snacks are provided . The snacks can actually be a meal they are so nice. I would stay at this Residence Inn anytime if I had to be in Tampa. No complaints at all. Obviously Mariott found a special manager when they found Robert.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom has a real fireplace