“Very Good Family Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“Very Good Family Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on July 20, 2012 for two nights. The desk reception clerk was very helpful, since we were 6 (2 adults and 4 teenagers) we requested extra towels, pillows and blankets. The young man at the front desk brought up to our room what we had requested in 15 minutes from when we checked in! I would say EXCELLENT service!!!!
The grab-and-go breakfast was juice, coffee, cereal and muffins, which was good for us. The beds where very comfortable in the rooms (we had a two bedroom suite). However, the sofa bed was small and uncomfortable......not enough sleeping space for two teenangers.
Kitchen is a nice plus; refrigerator is a nice size, everything you need is provided to you; i.e. pots, plates, dishes, liquid detergent, dishwasher detergent, etc.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nothing really stands out about this one, you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Even though I never cook in hotels, I like the feel of a studio, with a small kitchen. Better fridge than your typical hotel room, I guess and some homey feeling.

I often have to work from hotel rooms, and so like the bigger desks of Residence Inns, and this one was no exception.

A couple of negative points about this one are the fact that this particular property is in bad need of remodeling, which their concierge has confirmed. She said they were on the tail end of their remodeling cycle and that would happen soon. I sure hope so, because everything was very dated, fixtures, carpets, bathrooms, everything. It was all clean, don't get me wrong, just old and very used up.

The only other minus was the fact that there was no place to eat within a walking distance. Although, I suppose with Tampa's distances and a necessity to have a car anyway, that's not a very valid complaint. To be fair, there was plenty of eateries and grocery stores within a 5 minute drive radius.

Other than that, nothing too exciting or bad -- just a place to spend a night or two when you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Halifax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here at this hotel in April of 2012 in a 2 bedroom suite. The kitchen was a little cramped and dated but it was fully functional and met all our needs. The grab-and-go breakfast was cereal, juice and coffee which was fine. We were easily able to bring this back to our room each morning.

The hotel in a business park in a relatively quiet area. It is an easy drive to restaurants and groceries. We picked up dinner each night for takeout from different nearby locations.

We were going to the Tampa Zoo and Busch Gardens which were close and Clearwater Beach was an hour+ drive a way.

The room was very comfortable.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom suites on the corners were good value.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The past three months has brought me to Moffitt Cancer Center four times. While a variety of stays at other hotels have been ok this is the first one where I felt that I found a home away from home. The location is convenient and the area quiet. Service was quick and responsive. The rooms have a small kitchen with all that is necessary to prepare a meal. Most important to me is the comfort of the bedding that they provide. All of this is at a discounted price for those using Moffitt. My thanks to the staff and management.

• Stayed April 2012
NE Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The location is great, close to attractions and I-75. We stayed in an efficiency with a separate kitchen, a huge workdesk, lots of closet and storage space and a nice seating area with large flat screen TV. We found the space and room amentities a nice break from a hotel room. The daily Pickup Breakfast made it easy to just take to our room for those of us with different rise and shine times. However, the bed was very uncomfortable and the towels were a bit threadbare. We would probably stay here again, but hope the issues are addressed before we come back.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms facing the business park which had lakes and walking trails in a wooded setting...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed here for one night after visiting family in Tampa and prior to a trip to Busch Gardens. The room was okay and fairly clean for the price we paid ($79.00). The room was small and the sofa bed my teenage daughter had to sleep on was terribly uncomfortable. You could feel the springs through the paper thin mattress. The regular bed was very small for my husband and I - it seemed like it was a full size rather than a queen.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Needed a hotel with kitchen(ette), close to Shriners & at a good rate -- found that here at the TownePlace.

It's obviously an older hotel that's been re-done -- some of the kitchen appliances could be replaced. But, overall, this did the trick.

Staff was friendly, complimentary breakfast items were enough to get us going (don't expect a full buffet).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!