“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
florida
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Stayed here with my husband for a one night stay for a Lightning hockey game. I purchased this hotel on Hotwire, that is why I gave a 4 for value, would have been a 5 but parking was $15 a night, or $20 if you valet parked. I can not comment on the food service as we did not use the restuarants. I was very hesitant as the other viewers did not have anything really great to say about this place. Location was fabulous. Staff was incredibley friendly. Room was very clean, bed very comfortable. With in easy walking distance to the St. Pete Times forum, Convention Center, and Channelside which is home to many nice restaurants. A very nice place to stay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

This hotel needs a second life. All the good will of the staff cannot replace the fact that it needs to be renovated. The third floor stinks, the staff (although nice) education lacks, and the food and drinks are basic.

• Stayed January 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I had a nice little stay at this hotel with my friends. I have only prefered Starwood hotels once I became the SPG with this chain. The big positive of this hotel was its location. The stay was really nice.
The only negative point about this hotel is the parking. The underground parking lot need some cleanliness and light..its so dark out..But overall, I will stay at this hotel if I visit that area again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! I just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Westin and there are too many horror stories to count them all! I was staying at the hotel due to a conference at the convention center, and the only good thing I can say is that it is within walking distance to the building.

I was staying with a group and we had reserved 17 rooms. There was an issue with every room! Whether it was being told there was no room ready for us, they lost the reservation, or BED BUGS (yes, I said bed bugs), it was the most unpleasant stay! The personnel there lacked basic friendliness and were often unwilling to help you with your requests.

While there is valet parking, this is probably because there is so little self parking. Especially since this hotel is great for conference attendendees, the hotel is often pretty full. There is not enough parking in their underground parking garage! Take note... Parking costs $15 per day, so add that to your nightly bill!

BTW, if for whatever reason you decide to stay here (you are better off sleeping in a cardboard box on the street), leave plenty of time to get the elevator. I had to wait 5-10 minutes (no exaggeration) each time to get one!

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this Westin!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
WestinHarbourIsland, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
On behalf of the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, please allow me to thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests, along with cleanliness of our hotel is top priority. If a guest informs our staff of such a concern, we take swift action. We immediately place the room out of service and contact a nationally recognized pest control expert to inspect the room and take the necessary steps to address the problem. We conduct extensive training with our housekeeping staff and have an efficient daily inspection program in place to identify any potential issues in advance. We encourage our guests to promptly report any alleged incidents so we can quickly address the situation. Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional concerns.

Keith Smith, Rooms Director, Westin Tampa Harbour Island
tel 813.229.5000
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is rates as a 4 Star hotel, and my experience validated that, however, the recent TripAdvisor comments concern me. I stayed 2 nights (saturday and sunday) in a corner suite on the 6th floor. I am a light sleeper, and heard no noise outside my room, saw no room service or other dishes in the hallway, and had a very positive experience. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Parking in underground garage was complimentary. Free WSJ, USA Today, and local Tampa Tribune available. Free coffee in the morning outside the restaurant on the lobby floor. Large, quiet, comfortable, well lit seating area to read or relax on the lobby level. Small but useable fitness center with TVs.

As I returned to the hotel after a 5 mile run, the bell man offered me a bottle of water complimentary, something appropriate for a 4 Star hotel.

I have stayed at this hotel regularly for several years, and have always been satisfied. I am a Platinum Starwood Preferred Guest member, so I know Westin hotels well. This is a good one, and convenient to downtown Tampa. Plus, I scored a non-reimburseable rate of $116/night on the SPG website.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I was traveling on business with the hotel stay and meals to be billed to a corporate account. At check in I was asked to give a credit card for incidentals. I have now had the entire bill charged to my card 3 times, the latest being in September, nearly 6 months after the stay. I have called multiple times and the hotel staff was unresponsive.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had adjoining rooms, which I have to say reminded me more of an old Holiday Inn rather than a Westin. The rooms were small, unattractive, a bit tired, and the bathrooms were the same. Institutional. I was surprised this was a Westin, having stayed in many over the years I have come to expect better accommodations. On the bright side, the front desk staff was attentive and got us to our room early. The bar tenders in the restaurant and pool were FANTASTIC. I was a little suspicious of the bell captains, though. They were supposed to bring our bags to our room when it was ready -- we took the trolley to Ybor City for lunch. Our room had been ready for hours, but I had to call to get the bags, different guy so I gave another tip. Then, when we had to go to our ship the next day, it turns out that the promised free transportation to the cruise terminal may or may not be available. They try to steer you to a shuttle service for $3/passenger. This is irritating to me.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!