“Nice Hotel with a view of the City Tampa and the water-Bay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Nice Hotel with a view of the City Tampa and the water-Bay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

A short weekend stay for out of town guest. The rooms are nice, clean and well stocked with the usual Westin Hotel supplies.
The Front desk staff was friendly, and able to up-grade me to a water view room(I'm a Platinum level member), but not to a suite, which was a disappointment. Since I'm often was up-graded to a suite in other hotels.
The hotel is very convenient to the Tampa Bay Time forum for concerts or Lightning Hockey games(short and pleasant walk).
I may put my guest in this hotel again in the future, when I find a Good Rate( The Sheraton Suite West Shore is cheaper and have suite in every room which is nice, but not close to the city center)

Room Tip: Higher floor and ask for water view side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island WorldTravelerTampa!
Our staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in the heart of downtown Tampa!
We hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel is within easy walking distance to the convention center, sports arena, trolley to Ybor city and several local restaurants. We enjoyed our room which was very clean and comfortable. We also had a lovely view of the island and channel looking out toward Tampa Bay.

The large lobby and common areas including the pool were disappointing and hardly used during the week we stayed. There wasn’t a lot of seating and the furniture was uninviting, and looked in need of updating. There is a tiny utility-sized room with a soda cooler and a few snacks located next to the check-in desk. There’s no coffee shop such as Starbuck’s. You’ll have to go down the street to the Marriott or Embassy Suites for your morning fix. The bar/grill and the upscale restaurant looked empty most of the time. However, Jackson’s is a two minute walk from the hotel; so perhaps the Westin would prefer that you go there.

As with other reviews, request a room on a higher floor away from Jackson’s; or request room numbers ending between 16 to 31. When we asked, the check-in confirmed rooms overlooking Jackson’s would be affected by the noise from their entertainment.

I’ve stayed at many Starwood properties and overall, this hotel is not up to their four star standards. However, I would stay here again if all other comparable downtown Tampa hotels were fully booked.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor with a room number ending beatween 16 to 31, which will be away fro...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings 1 TravelMonkey,
We appreciate your feedback about your most recent stay. We apologize for not providing you with the experience you expected. Your experience is being shared with our staff so that we can improve upon the services we provide. Feel free to contact us directly about your most recent stay.
We do hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was one of the hotels for the Gasperilla race weekend and I loved it. The room was clean, friendly staff. I was able to get a late check out which was awesome. The race was just a walk over the bridge love the water view and th e restaurants was very nice. My friends and I will be back for this race again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Cash 34!
We are glad that when you came for the Gasparilla Distance Classic you enjoyed your stay here!
We hope to see you again in 2015!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I had my wedding in July at the Westin and I couldn't be happier with my experience. They were so wonderful to all of my guests and the entire staff was attentive to all my needs. I would recommend an celebration or business meeting here. Working with Delaynna was incredible and she took care of me (bride) 100 percent.

• Stayed July 2014
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your big day, Klothes10! We, at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, strive to exceed our guests expectations and are happy to hear that Delaynna was able to deliver for you. Once again, congratulations on your wedding!
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Great staff. From the moment we were greeted by the valet Robert until he brought our car when we checked out. Clean rooms and a nice view. Tampa is lovely and the Weston is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sending us your compliments on Robert, auntez! We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are delighted to see that Robert was able tro do that! We look forward to your return!
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

it was really good experience, room is excellent the food room service and the restaurant it was wow wow and fresh and a good prices really, you know when you go away from your home town, you need to find a good place to sleep and a good food to eat, Westin is the one nice room and hotel and good food, I loved this hotel I will definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, Ibrahim350! We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide you with a rejuvenating experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Checked into the hotel early Saturday morning into a nice cleaned specious room and went immediately to Bush Gardens. Upon my return at approx. 9:30pm my wife and I wanted to dine in our room. As we viewed the menu we realized we were in the mood for Cajun Shrimp Pasta in which was not on the menu. I called the Front Desk and Winnel assisted me. I then ask Winnel if this was possible and her response was "Mr. Innocent please hold while I ask the chef. She placed me on hold for less than two minutes and said "yes" the chef will make it for you.

Later, Steve from room service delivered both meals to our room as he was extremely friendly.
Upon his return after we ate the Cajun pasta we immediately expressed how this was the best pasta ever!

Joe V (chef)- I would like to thank you so much for going out of your way and making the Cajun pasta for my wife and I.

I truly hope that the General Manager personally recognize you all for an awesome job!

The only downside in my day was the (3) PM valet guys that was there between 9pm-10pm on 7/26/14 Was very rude and unhelpful due to the fact that a part of my gear was broken and demanded that I park car as I tired to show him how to Checked into the hotel early morning into a nice cleaned specious room and went immediately to Bush Gardens. Upon my return at approx. 9:30pm my wife and I wanted to dine in our room. As we viewed the menu we realized we were in the mood for Cajun Shrimp Pasta in which was not on the menu. I called the Front Desk and Winnel assisted me. I then ask Winnel if this was possible and her response was "Mr. Innocent please hold while I ask the chef. She placed me on hold for less than two minutes and said "yes" the chef will make it for you.

Upon his return after we ate the Cajun pasta we immediately expressed how this was the past pasta ever!

I truly request that the General Manager will personally recognize you all for an awesome job!

The only downside in my day was the (3) PM valet guys that was there between 9pm-10pm 7/26/14 Was very rude and unhelpful due to the fact that my a piece of my gear was broken and demanded that I park car as I tired to show him how to use the gear. He shut me up while explaining.

AM Valet guys was also great as they valet my car.

Thank you! I most definitely will return!

Stayed July 2014
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, Sandos I! I would like to apologize for the shrtcomings you experienced with the service in the evening. Please know that we are addressing it to preclude it from happening again! On the other hand, thank you for recognizing the efforts made by the other associates. We truly take the guest feedback seriously and recognize our associates for a job well done. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!