“Nice staff, Decent hotel, pretty views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Save Saved
You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice staff, Decent hotel, pretty views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff was very nice and accommodating. I had a 12 floor room overlooking the harbor, and it was a nice view. You could see the cruise ship coming in, the crew team practicing. Others complained about the floors in the lobby being gross, and that was not the case at all. However, during my stay they were shampooing them, so perhaps the reviews made an impact. Also, there was no musty smell in the common areas or in my room. Florida in July certainly can cause that problem but I did not experience it. Food and drinks in the hotel are pricey, maybe a little more than the average full-service hotel ($15 for 2 bottles of beers, for example). They have evening snacks (cheese and crackers) in the lobby for everyone to enjoy.

Room Tip: High floor, with a harbor view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island 150hotelnightsayear!
It was truly our pleasure to have had you with us here at the Westin! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to Tampa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Covington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Right off the top, let me say that I got what I paid for. At $87.00/night I cannot complain. That said, The Westin Tampa Harbour Island in no way deserves it's fourth star. The good: My request for a quiet room on an high floor was honored. The room was acceptable, the shower area clean the bed and linens OK. The location is, for my purposes exceptional. Near the streetcar stop for Ybor City. There is a Publix grocery convenient to the property. The hotel is convenient to I275. Desk staff and bar staff were efficient and friendly. The shower was great.
The Bad: (1) For some reason maid service seems to be optional at this property. I had to ask for my room to be clean on the second day, and again on the third. (1) The deadbolt did not work on room #802. however in fairness, I did not bring it to managements attention. The sheer curtain was missing. The carpets in hallways and common areas are somewhat disgusting. In general, the property seems in need of an upgrade, certainly if they claim to be a 4star property. I did not eat at the hotel. I walked a short way to the Marriott to eat and drink at the bar. Try the local green salad, made from produce grown on the roof of the Marriott! Those who complain about parking fees either don't read the fine print or have never stayed at a downtown property. I expected it, but at least could self-park at $17.00/night. Charging for internet access........it's the 21st century...get with it Westin. Would I stay here again for the same price...;probably not.
Would I stay again...even at 87.00 a night,

Room Tip: Try the Marriott on Harbour Island if you truly want a 4star experience.
Greetings Dharmabum 1809,
Our staff would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had endured throughout your stay. Your experience has been shared with the staff as an effort to improve the services we provide. Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you would like to contact the hotel directly we would be happy to speak with you!
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel has a serious communication problem between the front desk and the housekeeping staff..day 1, checked in and was given a room on the 8th floor that was not cleaned yet..had to drag luggage back to registration desk..was given a room on the 7th floor and the plastic key did not work, went back to registration desk and the clerk there was "astonished" that the key did not work, 2nd key worked...day 2, left the hotel at 10am and came back at 5pm and the key did not work again, had to get another key and then opened the door to find that my room was still not cleaned...maid said room will be cleaned before 6pm..came back after RAYS baseball game at 11pm and the key failed to work again and the room was still not cleaned..called downstairs to get a few towels and the clerk sent up a few...we were never apologized to by any employee.beware

Room Tip: don't stay here the service is terrible
Green Features: do not wish to share comments at this time as i have nothing good to share about my experience there
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings mike m,
Our staff would like to apologize for not demonstrating a typical relaxing and energizing environment during your most recent stay. The review is being shared with our entire executive committee in efforts to improve upon the services we provide. While your stay did not reflect a positive one, we would like to encourage you to call and speak with us directly.
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Ok, believe it or not this my first time writing a review for an establishment. But because of the incredible customer service that I received (especially the front desk "Angela") I thought it was definitely worth sharing my opinion. First the location of the Westin is right on the water and in walking distance of several other restaurants and river walk events. I requested an early check-in but when I arrived the rooms weren't ready but "Angela" definitely took care of me and compensated it in other ways.
I will be returning and I'm looking forward to another incredible stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Clarence G!
We are glad your trip to Tampa was incredible because of Angela! Our staff takes pride in the services we provide to our guest!
We look forward to seeing you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights and while the hotel was clean it was lacking the necessary amenities. In this part of town it seems there are no nearby restaurants. When staff was asked where to eat we were simply told to walk across the bridge. The hotel should have a guest book in the rooms stating where nearby amenities are located and for those restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Not everyone wants to pay $12 for bacon while we are here.

• Stayed July 2014
Greetings nnge,
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and we apologize for not having the amenities you needed.
We hope that if you are in the area again you come back and visit us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is ok. My shower head was broken and so was the TV. However Kenny Mitchell who is a part of hotel facilities was nice enought to replace my TV with a new TV model which I appreciated. The fitness center was nice however the elevator to the pool was slow and NOT ventilated.

The hotel location was walking distance to the grocery store, tram and other restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us TV_Girl20!
We apologize that you had an issue but we are glad Kenny was able to fix it for you!
During your next trip to Tampa for business we hope to see you again!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Really enjoyed my recent stay at the Westin. Hotel facilities were well kept and loved the fitness center. The Front Desk personnel were extremely polite and professional. I also had some great encounters with the valet staff as well. Walking distance to The Forum, which is very convenient. I will be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Ryan R for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!