“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #29 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

If you are expecting the normal Westin hotels, be prepared, this is a little old and not the normal glamorous Westin.
Saying that though, it is great value, free wifi and water in the rooms and good views. It is away from the city and you would need a cab, car or long walk.
I will be back

Room Tip: High with a view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island frankfurness!
We are happy to know that overall you enjoyed your experience!
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our stay was nice, but I couldn't get over that housekeeping never changed our bed sheets during our whole stay (4) days. Valet service was very good. very noisy guest at the time of our stay there was a gymnastics competition so the hotel was full of young athletes that kept us up all night with there screaming and laughter.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Monica N!
We apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. However, our staff is please that overall you found our hotel to be nice!
We do hope if you are in the area again we see you here at the Westin!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I really debated whether or not to stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island because of the reviews I saw on other sites. I am glad that I did. Even though my stay was only for one night, I was delighted by the truly outstanding customer service that I received throughout my experience. Starting from the time I checked in, Emily at the front desk was outstanding; she was flexible with me about my preferences for a room when I found my initial assignment unsatisfactory. She called to check on me after I moved into my new room. I was later assisted by Angela at the front desk who really made a difference for me in shifting my check out time by a half hour because I was moving slowly after a workout in their brand new facility (which, for the record, is great). Since my partner really enjoys their White Tea line of bathroom amenities, I also asked our housekeeper Shirley to give me a couple of extra shampoos and conditioners to bring home. Shirley was warm, kind, and considerate enough to grant my request and sent me home with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. All in all, this was a great experience and made greater by the people who work there and serve their customers. Well done!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Samuel D!
It is wonderful to hear that during your one night stay you had many great interactions with our associates. It was truly Emily, Angela and Shirleys’ pleasure to assist you during your stay!
We hope to see you again!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Some of the review on TA are calling for this Westin property to get a cleaning and update. I agree. The décor is a bit dated, the carpet, is worn, and the rooms are a little "old school".
The thing that sets this hotel apart from the others is still the Westin Level of Service.
Many of my reviews give high praise to Starwood for their staff training and commitment to excellence.
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island is no different. From valet and bell staff through Front Desk and Bar Tenders, and even the housekeeping staff - all professional, pleasant, and friendly.
Rooms with a view of the Times Forum are in for a treat on July 4th with a spectacular view of the fireworks.
Rooms with a view of the convention center, if patient, may be treated to dolphins playing in the basin.
Easy walk to convention center, Times Forum, Aquarium, and other spots too.

Room Tip: Views of the Times Forum and Cruise Ship docks will get an excellent angle for the July 4th firework...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island OrmondBeachFL!
Our staff is pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations!
We hope to see you again on your next trip over from the east coast!
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin two days after we came back from our cruise. We had a beautiful view of Harbor. The hotel lobby was clean, and inviting. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Special thank to Kenny Mitchell. We will definitely stay at the Westin when we visit Tampa in the future.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island truclich!
We are happy that you found our hotel to have a beautiful view, perfect location and good service. It was truly Kennys’ pleasure to assist you during your stay!
We hope to see you the next time you cone to Tampa!
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Staying here for a sports event at the Tampa Convention center. Best location within walking distance, and friendly, helpful service. The hotel carpets look worn and dirty, but overall very nice facilities. Rooms are good sized, we had one on the 12th floor and one on the 11th, both overlooking the harbor. Definitely recommend as the best downtown hotel.

Stayed July 2014
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Kathy C!
Conveniently located, in the heart of downtown Tampa, we are happy to know that we able to meet your needs during your stay!
We hope to see you again if you are in the Tampa area again!
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed two nights last weekend at this hotel and had a nice stay. I was able to check-in early and the front desk clerk was friendly and informative. The lobby area was spotless and inviting. The parking garage was nice to keep our vehicle out of the hot summer heat. The location of the hotel is great. We had a concert to attend at the Times Forum and it was an easy, safe walk to that venue. Our room was clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island FloridaCracker8888!
For your weekend getaway it is wonderful to know that you had a pleasant stay!
We hope to see you again during your next trip to Tampa!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!