“Fun wedding venue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun wedding venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel for 1 night for a wedding. The wedding was gorgeous and a ton of fun! The wedding coordinator was very nice and accommodating. I can honestly say it was the most enjoyable wedding I've ever attended! Big kudos to the coordinator that worked with Sami and Forrest :)
As for the room, I checked in early and was given a third floor room because it was the only thing available. I wasn't there for the view so I didn't mind but I can say that the view was horrendous. So if you care about that, ask for a higher room. Mitch who checked me in was very professional and offered for me to wait for a higher floor but the groomsmen were using one of my rooms to get ready in so I needed the early check in.
The reason I didn't give the hotel 5 stars is because my room did not have a coffee maker in the room at all. I called service express and they said they'd send one immediately. An hour or so later, I asked the front desk about it and still nothing. A few hours later, I called again and finally someone delivered it. They simply handed it to me. I was unable to plug it in behind the heavy cabinet so ended up having to plug it in on the bedside table. I also did not have a robe in the room but got that when I ask.
Overall, it was a good stay but there were some obvious oversights.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, wanderlustjourney ! Glad that you enjoyed the wedding. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Tampa celebrating my birthday. He had stayed here a couple of years ago for a concert but this was my first experience staying at a Westin. I was extremely impressed with the staff and they are without a doubt the reason our stay was so special.

Monet did more than check us in, she made a personal connection with us. She is a huge asset to the company as genuine people are hard to find. After we got back from dinner later that evening, there was a bottle of wine, fresh berries and a Bday card in our room from Angela and the front desk staff. Very unexpected and very much appreciated! That sealed the deal with my boyfriend who said we won't stay anywhere else when visiting Tampa again.

Our room was also nice with a great water view. I usually don't care for the typical hotel robes due to the uncomfortable "waffle weave" but the robe in our room was a really soft, comfy material. They actually have a catalog in the room so you can buy most of the items that you use during your stay. Am going to keep this in mind so I can get the robe in the future!

Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday getaway, CaraMiaRN! We look forward to sharing more memorable experiences with you in the future!
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Friends put us up for a night, and from the expansive lobby upstairs to the pleasant pool area, it is a welcoming hotel indeed.
The room was 4 star quality with a great view of the Convention center. The beds were super comfy; exactly what you would expect.
Reminders every where requesting the guests to respect other's privacy ("please be quiet").
Very lovely stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback, Ckstoner ! We are happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Like other Westin Hotels that I have used, the Tampa Harbor Island facility was a great experience.

The staff was excellent, knowledgeable, courteous, and helpful. The restaurant provided very tasty food at very reasonable costs. it was nice to be served Starbucks.

My room was comfortable, clean, and the internet service (at no extra cost, I might add) was excellent. I think it is a great hotel and will stay there on my next visit to Tampa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback, Bennie K ! We are thriled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation and was able to have a renewed stay with us!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my second long stay on a business trip at the hotel and this is my second great experience. The Front Desk, The breakfast servers and hosts, the valet team, maid service, all were, again, of the highest quality. Of course my room and view were wonderful and any problems I might have had were instantly solved. I want to thank, in particular, Angela, at the Front Desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SolomanBlue!
It is great that you felt well taken care of by all of our staff! It is amazing that Angela made your stay even better!
We look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip!
Kansas City, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was a great hotel and staff. The people were so helpful and friendly in the hotel. The restaurant's view was so great, and service was excellent. Especially, Murat, Suna, and Nilufer showed their hospitality in the best way possible. I went for a meeting at this Hotel and I was also a guest. I was very pleased with the hotel overall, l will come back to this Hotel. This Hotel is also very close to the airport so you can get there quickly using transportation.

Room Tip: The South Side of the building had a very nice view of Tampa Bay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hatice1234!
Our staff takes pride in proving the excellent hospitality as you described were provided by Murat, Suna, and Nilufer! We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed here the night before we boarded the boat. We found the staff very helpful. The food in the bar was excellant as was the breakfast buffet. The room was clean and bed was great. Our room overlooked the harbour. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one that overlooks the harbor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Lois M!
During your brief stay in Tampa before your cruise, it was truly our please to have helped start your vacation on such a high note!
We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!