“It's good to be back...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“It's good to be back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Over a year ago, I traveled for business to Tampa and always stayed at this Westin. Recently I went back to Tampa and figured I would stay closer to my client site for convenience reasons. But this week, I went back to visit and stay with this Westin and I can tell you that I was missing out on whats most important and that's feeling like you are at home. It was amazing to see Adriana, Lauren, Winnelle, and Jose. These people really make your stay that much better. I also missed the surrounding area. Nothing beats the Tampa Bay that surrounds this Westin. And the restaurants and other establishments around the Westin were even that much more fulfilling than other areas. And I cant forget that the renovations that the Westin has made make the world of a difference as well. It looks beautiful. A job well done!

Danny Landera

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Welcome back Mr. Landera!
It is our pleasure to have you back as our guest! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy our Westin because it is like home!
Please let us know if there is anything else we may do to make you stay more enjoyable!
Warmest Wishes!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As a Platinum member and frequently travel, I work hard to show my loyalty to a hotel, airline, car rental, etc. And in being loyal to them and them receiving my money, I expect to take advantage of benefits accorded to my status. I've decided to start posting everytime I don't get to take advantage of a starwood benefit. This isn't a unique problem, it's pretty common that platinum benefits like Your24 and Suite Upgrades are not honored. Just google it and you will find many travelers with similar experiences. This hotel did not honor Platinum suite upgrade. When I checked in, I asked if a suite was available, the front desk person didn't even say let me check, she didn't glance down on her computer, she just said, no we are pretty full tonight. However, not only is the parking lot empty, it's middle of the week in Tampa (not a busy travel time) and most importantly, I can pull up the reservations site and book a reservation for a Suite right now, for my entire stay (2 days). So they do have suites available, they just don't honor the benefit.

Other than that, hotel seems pretty nice. Situated along the Harbor.

Room Tip: Harbor View
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Greetings rsingleton,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Our guests’ feedback is important to us as it is a tool we use to provide better service to our guests in the future. I know that my associate has already reached out to you in regards to your experience and if you have any additional feedback please let us know!
We hope that if you have the chance again you come back and visit us!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at the Westin. At check in, Mike went above and beyond ensuring I was comfortable with my stay. The views from the 12th floor are breathtaking, and the beds are heavenly! Whenever I am in Tampa, I will stay here from now on! Thank you!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Ryan2283!
It is great to hear that you were very pleased with your stay! Mike takes pride in providing each of our guests’ with service that goes above and beyond.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Agawam, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago. Was very pleased with the cleanliness and decor. Bed was very comfortable. Hotel was very close to the port and had a free shuttle. Was a little bit of a struggle to find options for dinner but we settled for Jackson's and was glad! Great food and right on the water. Hotel also had a great view.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Samarie713 for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Inverness, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights. Staff was excellent the food was over and beyond good. Location was perfect for whatever you wanted to do. Beautiful and clean hotel ( and I am very picky) with great service. I just can't say enough I loved it so much and will for sure stay here again. KH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Greetings from the Westin Katie H!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had an excellent weekend stay at this hotel. Spent a gorgeous Saturday at the pool. Maria far exceeded our expectations with the exceptional service she provided at poolside. Thank you, Maria for your attention to detail. We will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island kbarkhausen!
On behalf of our entire staff we thank you for staying with us! We are glad that you had an exceptional day at the pool and that the service you were provided exceeded your expectations!
We look forward to seeing you again!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island over the Labor Day Weekend. First of all, I was greeted by Monet who couldn't be more professional. She was there the entire weekend and every time we asked to recommend a restaurant or a place to visit, Monet had the perfect suggestion. The entire staff was great but Monet is the person we spoke to the most and was just great. By the way, the bed is awesome and the linens on the bed are SUPER COMFORTABLE and you should definitely try the restaurant in the hotel. Very good. The area is nice. Lots to do right down stairs. Parking is a LIIIIIITLE expensive but overall, great experience. The location is ideal for trade shows as its located right across the Tampa Convention Center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island RICIsleworth!
During your holiday weekend in Tampa it was truly Monet’s pleasure to provide you with great service!
If you have the opportunity we hope to see you again!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!