“The Westin Tampa Harbour Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Save Saved
You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 159 hotels in Tampa
East China, MI
“The Westin Tampa Harbour Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at The Westin Tampa Harbour Island for just a couple of days for a work engagement. I found it to be a nice hotel - quiet, comfortable, nice staff, good location.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a downtown Tampa hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Jim S!
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.
We hope to see you again on your next business trip!

880 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights at the Westin on Harbour Island for a quick weekend away and it was wonderful. We have a 14 month old and the staff at the desk was wonderful as I tried to juggle him while checking in, they even have him a gift bag. The rooms are beautiful and quiet and I couldn't have enjoyed the weekend more. Next time we go to Tampa this is where we will stay.

• Stayed August 2013
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Manda2233!
It is awesome to hear that during your nights in Tampa you had an excellent stay! It was truly our pleasure to assist you in your time of need
We look forward to having you as our guests again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I normally would never review a hotel because I always forget, but the customer service here was so amazing that I had to. I checked in on 8/14 and when I got to my room it felt a little warm. I didn't mind much at first because the view from the window of downtown Tampa was breathtaking. Well 30 minutes later I realized that the AC wasn't working. I called the front desk and 5 minutes later Benny with maintenance showed up. Just my luck the AC was broken. Benny and Mitch from the front desk had me in a new room with the same view in 10 minutes. Benny also took my bags down to the new room and brought my new room key so I wouldn't have to go to the lobby. Mitch provided me with a complimentary breakfast voucher! I was more than pleased with the response from them both I never expected anything else. Well the next morning I had a wonderful email from Todd from the engineering department apologizing once again. After responding to him that my stay was perfect and what a great job everyone did the night before I received another email from Lauren at the front desk informing me that they would be discounting my stay! I'm a very easy going person so the AC/switching room issue was no problem but wow with the response. Very rarely do so many people go out of their way to make customers happy now a days! To all the Westin staff, thank you for an amazing experience! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Magdelena1389!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with especially Benny, Mitch, Todd and myself.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked a 2 bedroom for the weekend, but the restroom was having problems. Allen and Harrison (Maintenance workers) spoke to the manager and upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost.

They have a great bar with good food and friendly service.

Walking distance to the Tampa Convention makes it convenient.

Wi-Fi is free only in the lobby, not in your room.

As luxurious as the hotel is, the breakfast is not complimentary. It is my only complaint. Perhaps all the hotels around the area may be like this as well; not sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Chris W for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel is definitely top-notch and is everything you would expect from a Westin property. It looks new, everything is super clean, and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

I was there for business, but this place would be even better for a vacation or fun night in the city!! There is all kinds of cool places within walking distance of the hotel.

If you're considering booking this hotel, DO IT you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us Kyle E!

It is truly our pleasure to have had you with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nice, clean, reasonably priced. Has an awesome view of city and water. Wish we had a balcony instead of just a window. Pool is small, but we had a great time there, pool bar is convenient. Could not find a place to buy beer or wine around hotel, should have picked up beforehand. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is expensive, even self parking ( almost $20/ day with tax), but I knew that when booking. Overall we had a great time, the area is clean but mostly vacant, I'm assuming because it is downtown and was the weekend and no big events going on. We had a good time.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you Flbeachmama for the wonderful comments!
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went to Tampa for his birthday. Bought tickets to see Match Box 20 at the Ampitheater. We booked this hotel at the very last minute and glad we did. It is located in a great location over looking the water and minutes from restaraunts and shops. The room was clean and spacious. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Definitaly 4-star quality!! Will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Westin Daniel K!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!