“Great for lap swimmers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Save Saved
You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Hermosa Beach, California
“Great for lap swimmers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Rooms are in need of renovation, but it looks like that is now being done. Premium rooms have nice views, but are not much on the inside. Basic hotel rooms with nice Westing linens. If you are a lap swimmer, you will love the free membership at the local health club. Outdoor 25-yard pool that is near empty during the day. This was the nicest business hotel perk I've enjoyed in a while. Also, night manager Mike was really professional and friendly. He held my room, even though I arrived very late, and he comped me a nice breakfast. Thanks Mike!

Room Tip: Premium rooms have nice views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island AshAnderson!

Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by Mike!

Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

886 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

my name is Hugo Martin. I am a Florida Bar Exam taker, and stayed at the Westin to because of the close proximity to the Tampa bay Convention Center. During my stay, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Napoli. Mr. Napoli's service was excellent, and he was extremely kind during a very stressful time. After checking in and returning to the front desk to ask questions about the area, my friends commented on Mr. Napoli and how much they enjoyed him. I had to make it my business to acknowledge him, because kindness, and superb customer satisfaction often go unnoticed. The Westin should be aware of Mr. Napoli's contribution to Westin, because he represents the company in a great way. Thank you Mr. Napoli for your awesome service, and i would be happy to recommend Westin to anyone, especially if Mr Napoli is around. Thanks again !

Room Tip: stay on the side facing the tampa convention center. one of the most breathtaking views of the tampa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Mr. Martin!

Taking the Bar Exam is a very stressful time. Here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island we understand that and hope that our interactions and amenities had helped. Mike is pleased to hear that he made such a big difference!

Good luck and comeback and visit us agian!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room here that was to be on floor 6-9. When we arrived the desk attendant checked us in and told us of our beautiful view of the harbor and bridge. He then handed us a key for a room on the 4th floor. When we questioned it, we were told that they were all booked on the higher floors but they would do all they could to get us in our correct room (which we had paid for) the next day. However 10 min later they called back and explained that pets (our dog was with us and noted at time of booking) are only allowed on the 3rd floor, so they couldn't put us in the room we booked. I pointed out that we paid for the upgraded room and were currently staying in the standard room to which I was told "I'm sorry - but that's our policy. You can talk to my supervisor if you want." So they can break that policy and put us on the 4th floor when it suits them, but not put us in the room we booked and paid for because it only suits us? Apparently so. Poor job making our stay great, Westin. I'm still here in my overpaid room for a week. I hope someone from the hotel steps up to fix this. - R. Asbury

Stayed July 2013
Greetings,

I would like to aolpogize for not providing you with the experience we had hoped to have provided. Our entire staff is available at anytime for any of your needs. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we may do.

Warmest Wishes,
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Westin in July 2013 and were immediately pleased with the location and wide, beautiful views of the harbour. We had two rooms and had an a/c problem with one room. The staff was super-efficient in addressing the problem. They exceeded our expectations by providing complimentary breakfast, a room change and a very nice upgrade to make up for the inconvenience. Several staff members helped us and I would like to pay special thanks to Benny, Harrison and Arianna for their prompt response, follow-up, and friendliness. Also, we were very pleased with the restaurant staff and breakfast buffet. Also worth mentioning is the great location of the hotel with its close proximity to downtown Tampa and short drive to Busch Gardens. We will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Corner luxury suites are incredibly large and offer panoramic, stunning views..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Benny, Harrison and Arianna tak pride in providing the kind of service that exceeds our guests expectaions!

Come back and visit us again soon!
Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recommend to stay at this hotel. This hotel lies across the bridge to Tampa convention center. I liked the cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. One day a lady came to clean up the room but unfortunately she didn't speak any English. I had to communicate by sign language. There are some restaurants around. You can get a nice view of Tampa from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Anil_Pandey!

It is wonderful to know that you liked your stay and would recommend us to others!

Come back and visit us again soon!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Westin this past weekend. The staff was efficient and friendly. Our maid was great and I feel she especially did an excellent job. The proximity to the Tampa Convention Center was a bonus, just a short walk across the bridge. Both times I went to the pool (outside) there was only 1 other person. The workout room was also empty. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island jkayb3!

Our entire staff is glad to hear that during your stay with us for the Metrocon Convention that your had a wonderful time!

We hope to see you again next year!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was with my wife on a business trip to Tampa, Fl the Westin Tampa Harbour Island was great, comfortable and very clean. The bed was excellent. The front desk people were nice. I highly recommend it,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Max W!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!

On your next businees trip we hope to have you back with us here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!