“Tucked away but convenient...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Tucked away but convenient...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Came for concert at the fairgrounds which was an easy cab ride away. Big urn of flavored waters in the lobby, delicious! Good selection of wines by the glass in the bar from a bartender who has worked there almost 30 years so very knowledgeable about the area. Room had a pretty view of the harbor. Sort of smelled musty when we arrived but went away quickly. Good cold air conditioning. Nice breakfast but too expensive. $18 for omelet! Don't like buffets which was $19 and think they want to gear you towards that with the price. Free coffee in the lobby so that was a nice touch. Close walk to downtown area.

Room Tip: Ask for view of harbor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you flagleryogi for the wonderful comments!
The Westin Tampa Harbour Island takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!
It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Tito's warmhearted personality summed up the great hospitality that we experienced during our stay. He went out if his way to make sure that our experience was above and beyond what we expected. We felt more than welcomed and cared about under his leadership and ability to take ownership of every situation concerning our stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you Wellnelso for the wonderful comments!
South Bend, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for the 4th of July holiday and it was fantastic! When trying to find a hotel to stay at during this trip I worked with Jason Shaheen (Sales Manager). He was very helpful with booking our room and answering any questions I had. The front desk staff was amazing,the property was beautiful, and it was in a great location. After watching the fireworks we had some drinks at the hotel bar. I loved the way it was decorated. It was a great vibe and the bartender was extremely friendly. I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a place to stay for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: The deluxe harbour view rooms have the best view!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, LizGosh! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I was in Tampa overnight for a business trip. The staff was phenomenal. The bar tender in the resturant/lounge area was very tentative and was able to accommodate my dinner and drink request even though I was coming in shortly before closing. The rooms have beautiful views of the harbor. Rooms were very clean and spacious. As always the bed and pillows were super comfortable. I also went for a run and the valet staff were able to direct me to a good running route around the island. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tahnk you for your review, 07anonymous07! We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy your stay your stay with us, your "home away from home". We hope you are able to come back soon when you have some R & R time, to enjoy the different amenities that Tampa Bay has to offer.!
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Westin, due to location. I was to have surgery at Tampa General Hospital and wanted to be close. The location was great for all the things you could want to do downtown and I had a great view of the skyline to the west side including the convention center and Tampa General to the east! The room itself was a little weathered and 2 of the lamps were broken. The hotel charges $20 a day for wifi and $17 a day for self parking! They graciously waived the parking fee upon asking, giving me a free pass when leaving the garage. Also they have a complementary shuttle, which was down when I a needed a ride to the hospital and they paid for the cab ride back and forth, without having to ask. Also the room service was very good and the food delicious. I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback, pchiffon00 and sure hope you had a speedy recovery. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again when you have some time for R & R.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently organized a retreat for six friends. We're all in our mid-20s, early 30's. We wanted a place close to the action, but just far enough away that we can relax in style... The Westin gave us all of that. I've never stayed at a Westin, so I have to say it was an experience. The hotel is beautiful, clean, soft, natural colors. It's location, just across the bridge from the compact, busy Channelside. A more upscale residential location, clean, elegant, and we felt confident walking around in the later hours. The views of the bay and sunsets are fantastic! I loved waking up to this sun giving the bay, boats, and homes a warm orange glow in the morning while I was cuddled up in my fresh, clean, fluffy bed spread. I can't properly express its beauty- you can step outside and walk along the water; I wish I had, had time to kayak. I can express it this way; I'm nearly 30 and I haven't thought much about my wedding day, I'm not even engaged. But touring the Westin, it's beauty, how accommodating the team was, the beauty of the surrounding area... Right now, it's the place I would love to reserve for my wedding. I greatly benefited from being a AAA member and signing up for their preferred member rewards program. I was upgraded to the top floor. The only cons I have are 1. You have to pay for daily parking, but its great how the hotel sometimes cuts you a deal 2. I really hope they expand or renovate their pool area. A beautiful facility, and the pool just does not fit the grandeur of the hotel, it looks like it fits maybe 15 people...
Their shuttle service was fantastic. I encourage you to use the shuttle service to transport you to Ybor or Channelside. Another little hidden gem that makes the hotel fantastic is the little break stop and grab cafe downstairs managed by the Cuban gentlemen. Such a delicious breakfast sandwich and cafe con leche. Affordable, quick and delicious if you want to save on $$.
The hotel rooms were very affordable and my group enjoyed staying -rooms 1229 and 1231.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review, Bewitched22! As you may have read, we have been going through some cosmetic changes to enhance the guest experience. Some of these changes include resurfacing of the pool area as well. We hope that you continue to stay with us during your visits to the downtown district.
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband had to travel to Tampa on business last week so we decided to make it a dual purpose trip (business and pleasure) and stay a couple of extra days as well. We looked into a few hotels in the area and the Westin was the only one we found that allowed pets (we have two miniature dachshunds). From the moment we arrived the hotel staff was absolutely fabulous! Claudio not only made sure that our dogs were welcomed, but made sure they had their own pet bed to boot! He gave our 10 year-old son a coupon for a free movie and told him to let him know when he got ready to watch one and he would make sure he had popcorn too! They set up a rollaway bed in our room for our son, were always propt whenever we called for new towels, soap, etc, the valets were always courteous and kind and held the doors open whenever I went outside to walk our dogs (which they loved), the pool area was beautiful and relaxing....I could go on and on. I have stayed at countless hotels over the years from Florida to NYC and by FAR this is the BEST hotel experience I have EVER had! I just can't say enough good things about our stay! This hotel is within walking distance to the Tampa Convention Center and right across the bay from Tampa General Hospital. If you are travelling to Tampa this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SouthernComfortable!
It is warming to hear that you four your experience at Westin was the best stay at a hotek that you ever had! Claudio is an outstanding associate and it was truly his pleasure to provide you, your son and your dachshunds with such a wonderful time!
We hope that if you are ever in the area again that you come back and stay with us here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!