“Great Service, great views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Service, great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel has gone through some recent renovations and more is on it's way.
The room we were in had an air conditioning problem. I called the front desk at 10 p.m. A very professional maintenance person, Benny, came to our room within 5 minutes of my initial phone call to the front desk. He changed the air filter and check for any obvious problems.
Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick. The next morning we stopped by the front desk and requested a room change due to the cooling problems. A super helpful, understanding and apologetic front desk service worker named Lauren switched our room with no questions. Thank you Lauren. This is why we love Starwood hotels.

Room Tip: It seems like all rooms have great views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, stefair! We strive to exceed our guests expectations and are thrilled to know that our team was able to do just that! We look forward to welcome you back home, when you come back to Tampa and the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Manhasset, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel itself was neat, clean and inviting...a list of improvements are set to take place which will certainly raise the hotel rating. However, in the the meantime, my recent stay was most enjoyable and everything I needed, wanted and asked for was provided in a timely and cordial manner. Extra towels and toiletries, umbrellas, restaurant suggestions and directions were given with a smile.I would certainly consider returning to this Westin.....and at this moment I give "high marks" to the staff.especially Claudio,Justin, and Steve..just to mention a few names...and I also want to include Irene from housekeeping who made sure our room was perfectly cleaned and we had everything we needed and requested. The hotel restaurant was closed for dinner during my stay, but I did have a tasty, fresh breakfast, brunch and lunch.....hopefully I'll be able to have dinner next time around...and if the improvements are completed a 4 or 5 star rating is almost guaranteed...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, Rorobella! We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the time you pull up to the Westin Harbour Island, and Tito greets you, you know you are at a place that cares for the client. I have the opportunity to stay at the hotel many nights throughout the year and see that the staff always cares about each customer as if they are a regular guest. The hotel will always provide the effort necessary to make your stay better!! In my travels, which equates to about 200 nights a year, I find this to be a rare occurrence.

Room Tip: The hotel is a bit dated, but updates are in the plan. I enjoy the location and the gym down the st...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, Jeff H ! Here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island we strive to exceed our guests expectations, and are thrilled to learn that Tito was able to protray hospitality upon greeting you to our hotel. We look forward to seein you again!
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Westin on Harbour Island earlier this week and were impressed. We stay only at Starwood Hotels and this particular hotel in their brand exceeded our expectations. While being convenient to the Tampa airport, it is in a terrific location out on Harbour Island which makes for fantastic views! The check in process was seamless, from start to finish less than five minutes. Our room was extremely clean and had all the amenities we expect from a Starwood hotel. All of the staff we encountered from the valet to management were extremely helpful and courteous. Highly recommend for the business as well as vacationing traveler.

Room Tip: Our 9th floor room had a view all the way across the peninsula.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, SusanSandeers ! We are thrilled to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that you were able to enjoy what Downtown Tampa has to offer!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a great hide-away the Westin Tampa Harbour Island was for us during our four day stay. The location is great, the staff is FANTASTIC and the accommodations were excellent. We arrived on a SOLD OUT night and MIKE at the front desk had no problem finding our reservation and checked us in to our room. MIKE remained calm and collected as swarms of people were battering him with questions and requests while he was helping us -- good job MIKE. The next day we explored the property and the neighborhood and found that several good restaurants are either at the hotel or within walking distance. JUSTIN, another exceptional staff member at the hotel helped us seamlessly switch from one room to another. JUSTIN even called us while we were out of the area to let us know our new room was ready. When we returned to the hotel, ADRIANA greeted us and finished up the room switch for us, she was so pleasant -- it was effortless for us and we sincerely appreciate the behind the scene scramble to get us in our new room. Once we were settled in, I received an email from LAUREN just to follow up and make certain that everything was satisfactory with our new room. THESE PEOPLE REALLY CARE THAT YOU'RE ENJOYING EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR STAY WHILE AT THEIR HOTEL -- EXCEPTIONAL!!! As for the property itself, although an older Westin, we found it spacious and clean with only the few typical signs of wear and tear. The workout room was good and the pool nice with clean water, lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. We had breakfast at the hotel, in the 725 South Bistro and really enjoyed the food and staff, especially STEVEN. STEVEN was one of the best servers that I've ever encountered in my extensive world travels -- he anticipated your every request without having to ask and he was always just a few steps away when we needed something -- even with a crazy, early Sunday breakfast crowd, STEVEN kept a smile on his face and never skipped a step at keeping the service stellar. As an SPG Platinum member, I wholeheartedly recommend the Westin Tampa Harbour Island -- the management and staff, especially Mike, Justin, Adriana, Steve and Lauren, are FIRST-CLASS and superb. Will we be back? YES! In fact, we've already cancelled our reservation at a nearby hotel property and booked our September retreat at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island -- I can't wait! Thank you all for making our stay one of the best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor with a water view or view of the city.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, SURF4FUN007 ! We are thrilled to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that several of our associates made a difference during your stay! We look forward to your return stay to welcome you back home!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

First they say that the reservation was for last night and they cancelled it as a no show (despite the email confirmation for today in my hands) then they say they can give us a room but no longer at the per diem rate. After a lot of back and forth and a manager involvement they honor the original REAL reservation and upgrade us to a suite. When we get to the room its sorta clean and spacious, but no tv in the "living room" just one in the bed room. Then the ac is barely moving any air, so I pull the covers and discover two cheap disposable filters caked in INCHES of dust with water damage, rust, and mold on both. Neither appears to have been changed in YEARS. NASTY, FOUL, DISGUSTING. At least I looked, breathing air like that would make you sick. The ac started pushing air as soon as I removed the filters, but the coils and inside of the units and all around the covers was caked in thick dust and nastiness. It would take 15-20 minutes with a good shop vac to clean it out. Around the sink there were still beer rings where the maid hadn't bothered to wipe, and mystery stains on the ottomon. Glad I brought a can of lysol, but if I have yo clean the room, you are losing my business for good. Between the nasty, the reservation/per diem scam (wonder how often they play that game with military and govt travellers?) And it being the second trip to this place with nothing but issues, I will never stay here again and recommend that you avoid it as well. This is a definite pass, especially if you are govt/military, not sure what kind of game they are playing the there, but it was highly suspicious.

• Stayed June 2013
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Greetings batmanintexas
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. Your comments about your most recent stay are being shared with our entire staff so that we may improve upon the services we provide.
If you would like to speak with us directly we would be happy to speak with you!
Warmest Wishes!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My Father in Law received a call 5/31/13 from Tampa General Hospital that there was a possible kidney match for a transplant. Within 6 hours our family was in Tampa, some by air and some by car. I am happy to say he had a successful Kidney Transplant the morning of 6/1/13.

My wife and I needed to make accommodations for him & his wife to stay in the Tampa area for up to five weeks, to be monitored by the transplant specialist. She immediately began searching for local hotels, we chose The Westin in Harbor Island. They offer a Tampa General Hospital Transplant Rate for patients and family recovering from transplants.

Everybody at the Westin has been amazing; it has become our home away from home for the moment. My wife and I have made the trip Friday evenings and stay until Monday afternoon since the surgery. She was worried at first leaving her parents there, but after getting to know the staff at the hotel we can rest assure they are in good care. Being there for a few weeks you expect small things to happen, when the toilet knob broke off we called the concierge and within 5 minutes Wesley from maintenance came up and had it fixed immediately. He was friendly and a pleasure to converse with after his task was done.

Thank you to the Concierge staff: Claudio, Mitchell, Mike, Lauren, Adriana, Anna & Kim. For always being there at our every request, a microwave and mini fridge were offered and brought up to the room. You all have been most helpful answering any question and fulfilling all requests we have had in a timely manner.

One of the main reasons we selected the Westin is because they offer a free shuttle service within a three mile radius. Well Tampa General Hospital and The Transplant center where my father in law must follow up at are within three miles. Ricardo the driver has been amazing with them while my wife and are gone during the week. He takes them from place to place with a smile and even suggests different restaurants for them to eat at in the area.

The Bar & Dining staff has been my favorite, that’s because I enjoy drinking and eating more than the average person…LOL We have breakfast in the Westin pretty much daily when I am there. My wife’s parents tell me they eat there almost every day during the week. We enjoy starting our day with Sandra, German & Steve. Their attention to detail is unmatched coffee and juice is always fresh & cups are always filled. Steve has even brought me the Sports page in the morning (I guess he noticed it’s the only thing I enjoy reading).

I cannot say enough about Paul, Rosa & Ariel who work the Lobby Bar & the Pool Bar. We have had many lunches and dinners there. The food is always served warm and brought out in a timely manner. Most of all there are great people to just sit and converse with. They make you feel welcomed.

The Hotel overall is GREAT, everything is kept clean. The beds are so comfortable to sleep in, especially after a 4.5 hour drive on a Friday night. I have not enjoyed the pool area but it looks relaxing, especially with the bay view. The gym is a little small but has exactly what you need if you want to get a work-out in.

I want to thank the entire Westin staff for making the hotel a home away from home.

Room Tip: The Bay View is nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Freddie R!
Thank you for sharing the experience you had with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! At the Westin guests are encouraged to take advantage of the relaxing and refreshing atmosphere. We are delighted to hear that during the nights you were with us you were left feeling well cared for by everyone you interacted with.
Thank for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!