“Business Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Business Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms and fast elevators will make your business stay a more comfortable one. The Westin is at walking distance to the Convention Center and the History Center. You can walk to Jackson's and Amore restaurants. Easy exit to the highway (4), (275).
Very nice weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Javier E!
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the ambience of our hotel and the guest room you spent time in! Being close to downtown Tampa we are conveniently located to many attractions close enough to walk to which is very convenient!
We hope that your future business trips to Tampa bring you back to stay with us here at the Westin!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have made several business trips to Tampa recently and stayed at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. The hotel is nice - they have clearly invested in a facelift for the lobby and bar/restaurant area, rooms are spacious and well furnished. In addition, the front desk staff has been very helpful - proactively asking if I needed help with reservations and being quite responsive to requests I had on two days of heavy work when I had little time to get out of the room.

I am a Starwood Platinum and will note that this is a property that is pretty good about very nice suite upgrades (something that is not always a given).

I would also say that I observed the same high level of service for all guests - I don't think my treatment was due mainly to my status, but rather to the quality of a very solid hotel staff.

Room Tip: High floors with a view of the river are very nice - you can see people wakeboarding.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island biztraveller98!
Your loyalty to our property is appreciated! Our staff takes pride in providing the type of personal and instinctive services as you described. We hope that each and every one of our gets feel as though they are at their home away from home!
See you soon on your next trip to Tampa!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Fred and Mike significantly exceeded my expectations for service. I arrived around midnight and talked to Fred to check me in. He couldn't find my reservation, and when I double checked my booking confirmation I realized I had mistakenly booked at Westin Tampa Bay. Fred made a new reservation for me at Harbor Island and Mike called the other Westin and sorted out my situation there. After arriving near midnight and being exhausted from travel, I really appreciated such great service

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the third floor-that's where the gym is and it gets noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Harbour Island Brian S!
We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be super nice, cordial, friendly and professional able to assist you with your booking. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Craig and Paul who work in the The Bar in the lobby of the Westin were beyond fabulous! We had a fairly large rowdy group and they handled it with grace. They were both incredibly pleasant and helpful. They accommodated our whims as well. Each drink was made quickly and to the drinkers specs. This picky bunch didn't fluster Craig or Paul one bit. Thanks to both of them!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Harbour Island Theresa C!
It is a delight to hear that you found our staff to be super nice, cordial, friendly and professional. From the sounds of it your group had a great time at the lounge.
We hope to see you again soon!
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

When we arrived in our room, we noticed the bathroom door wouldn't shut completely. As soon as I stepped into the hall an hotel employee approached and asked how I liked the room. I loved it, it was the most spacious room I have ever had. I mentioned the bathroom door didn't close completely and she immediately call maintenance to fix it. In less than a half hour, the door was fixed perfectly. I was impressed with the promptness and effort of all employees to be sure I was satisfied on every level.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Harbour Island Madonna C!
We are thrilled to hear about your great experience with staff efficiency and professionalism which is what we strive for, here at the Westin!.
We hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We were attending a dragon boat race at the bay so we booked a weekend at this hotel. The experience was great from the get go. The staff was super nice, cordial, friendly and professional The room was very nice and clean and spacious with all the amenities we needed.

The view from our room was breathtaking. We could not only see the beautiful pool but the bay.

Loved it

• Stayed April 2013
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Harbour Island Nivia M!
We hope you did well on your race! It is a delight to hear that you found our staff to be super nice, cordial, friendly and professional.
We hope to see you for next year’s race!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Benny, a maintenance man, came up to help me with the safe, that got stuck and wouldn't open. He was helpful and professional. He came up right away and worked on the safe until it was fixed. The hotel, however, was under construction and not as enjoyable as I would have hoped.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Bonnie T!
Our staff takes pride in providing a personal and renewing experience for our guests. Thank you for recognizing Benny for his helpful and professional service.
On your next business trip to Tampa we hope you come back and visit us here at the Westin!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!