“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Mobile, Alabama
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a very nice hotel and beautifully kept property. There were several dining choices in the hotel and connecting buildings. The area near the hotel is very nice and seemed safe for evening walks. It was out of the hustle and bustle area but still no problems getting to and from the airport.

Room Tip: Either side of the hotel has a very nice view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island LisaGJ!
Our staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed stay at our property. Set in the heart of downtown Tampa we are a great location for night life only a short walk or trolley ride away!
On your next business trip to Tampa we hope to see you here again at the Westin!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked 5 rooms with 15 people. Checkin was easy, personnel professional, hotel was very clean. The Valet company was good but there were a couple who need some guidance, We receive 2 free drink vouchers for each room which was unexpected since the room rates were very reasonable. We will be back. Bellman Jose Alvarado was informative and professional.

Room Tip: The view from the top level was beautiful. So much happening on the wates side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Terry P!
It was our pleasure to assist you and your group with a smooth check in during your visit to Tampa! We are glad to know that you enjoyed your complimentary drinks and were happy with the service from Jose!
Come back and visit us again soon!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I barely saw this hotel while I was on business for a short 2-day stay. However, I most most assuredly say I'll be back. I travel for business weekly. I live on the west coast. Far from home, and due to all the travel, I look for places where I am welcomed, where communication and desire to help the customer are present. Westin Harbour Island had this all over!!

Even prior to my arrival I had the hotel's manager email me about my upcoming stay to ask if there was anything I needed prior to my arrival. I decided to "test" the gesture of kindness and asked for a yoga mat as I love doing yoga and HATE doing it in the fitness rooms - would prefer to do in my hotel room. And, sure enough - it was there when I arrived!!

The staff upon arrival were so friendly and gracious. It was during Christmas and one night they had sweets I could take up with me to my room sitting in the lobby (nicely presented). And, on my last night there, Joe F. - took such great care of me with food suggestions and giving me pleasant conversation at the bar.

I will be frequently in the Tampa area this year - this is where I'll stay as long as the rate matches my company budget. Very nice time I had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay, Waypoint Traveler! We, at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island, strive to exceed guest expectation. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request for the yoga mat and you were able to have a renewing and refreshing stay. We look forward to your return stay.
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

i have stayed at this hotel several times now and it is really a pleasure every time. the location is outstanding and the attention to service is impeccable. they are in the process of remodel and i would honestly say that is the only change they should make. ask for steve tassi in the dining room for outstanding ,thoughtful wait service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoy your stay each time you stay with us, Lesley S! We apreciate the feedback and please know, we have forwarded your compliments of Stebe Tassi at our restaurant! We look forwad to your return stay!
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for the night, with our grandchildren, but wished it could have been for a week! Very nice staff. Luxury feel but comfortable and not stuffy. Everything was super clean! We had a great view! Smoking is not allowed in the hotel but they had a nice area in the parking garage set up. Offered valet parking or self parking. It is very close to the Tampa Convention Center but not much else.

Room Tip: Apply for their rewards card and get upgrade and free parking like we did!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback, Tracy C! We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait t see you back perhaps for a longer time so you can enjoy the different galleriesm, museums, shops, and the Florida Aquarium, great places to take your grandchildren!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I booked this through hotels.com and was told that it had a balcony. Also the photos on the web site also showed a balcony with sliding glass doors. I also requested reserving the highest floor I could get, the hotel knew nothing of this. Gee, I could have called the hotel directly and reserved my own room.
It was a beautiful location the night city view was great and the harbour was also nice. In a great location in downtown.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room up high and with a city view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rriverav, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We appreciate your feedback, Sandy C. We at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island strive to exceed our guest expectations. We apologize about any mis-information you might have recieved during your booking process. I encourage you to please contact us in the future. A member of our guest service team will be more than happy to assist you in acommodating your requests upon availability.
Southport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The location of this hotel is absolutely amazing. The staff were lovely and extremely responsive to me and my family. But, they really have to upgrade the executive suites in the hotel. At almost $400 a night a lot more luxury is needed in there so called 'luxury suites'. A 25 inch tv in the living room......really. Furniture from the 80's and broken shower head.........And please do something about the lifts........i swear i thought the wires were about to snap with all the creaking and squeaking noises.........
A real shame cause the staff were so wonderful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island nijalowa!

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our location in the heart of downtown Tampa! Our staff takes pride in the services we provide. Please know that your comments have been shared with our executive committee in order to improve upon our guests’ experience.

Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!