The price was very reasonable and we had a nice view. Bed was comfy, room service prices were very high. But what really bothered us was a letter they put in our room after our second night, saying among other things, "We ask that when you return to your rooms this evening that you take your neighbors into consideration, keep the time in mind, and noise at a minimum. Parties are not allowed on property unless hosted by the property through our Catering Sales Department in our banquet rooms. Any rooms with excessive noise will receive a warning. Please call our Service Express by dialing 0, if you are disturbed and we will contact our guests in that room. Typically the noise will stop at that point; however, if we receive another call to that room, the guests may be evicted from the property with no refund."
We both felt they left the letter in our room because they thought we were being noisy. My husband called the manager to tell them we are quiet, elderly people and they had the wrong folks. The manager said that is a letter they put in every room and it was nothing personal. We were offended and disturbed, but he did not apologize. We feel the letter was inappropriate; drunk and disorderly guests need to be handled by security, not by a school-principal type of letter to everybody. We did not feel like treasured guests. They need to read the book "Hug your Customer". On another day, housekeeping did not replenish a number of items in our room (cups and coffee supplies, etc). When I called the front desk, they sent up a guy with the items, but only half of what I told them was missing.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel
- Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel Tampa
- Westin Tampa
- Tampa Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Tampa Harbour Island is a luxury hotel located on the Bay near the downtown business district, Ybor City, the Convention Center, the Times Forum, Clearwater Beaches, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Westin Tampa Harbour Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.