“Don't believe the negative reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Save Saved
You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Bonne Terre, Missouri
“Don't believe the negative reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I know my review comes several months after my stay, but I still want to put in my two cents on this hotel. My family booked this hotel because we wanted some place nice and close to the cruise terminal. After reading some of the reviews, we became a little worried. We had nothing but great service, a great room, and a great view. I have written several other reviews, and I consider myself to be pretty fair.
The details:
•Check in was fast. No line. About 20 minutes after we checked in, the front desk clerk called us to make sure our room was good and if we needed anything. Every employee we met was friendly.
•The room had an awesome view of the harbor. Beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was modern and clean. No issues.
•The location of the hotel was pretty cool. Right on the harbor. Just a few minutes walk to the convention center, and while I wouldn't recommend walking to cruise terminal, it is feasible to do so (free shuttle and other shuttles can take you there for a few dollars per person).
•Negatives...Well, if I HAD to say something negative, I thought the price for breakfast was high, but I've seen higher prices for breakfast. The lobby was very nice and beautiful, but with so much wood, I can see how some may see that as "dark". I am not sure why this Westin has gotten such mixed reviews.

I included some pictures to show the room and the view.

Would I stay here again? You bet! Hopefully soon.

Room Tip: There is a grocery store across the harbor (walk across the bridge and around the convention center...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you ems622 for the wonderful comments about your stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel!

Our staff takes pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!

It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

880 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed this past weekend and had a great time and remarkable service. The entire staff was extremely professional and really made me feel like they truely cared. One individual I would like to recognize who went above and beyond was Jason in sales. I've worked with Jason in the past and when I called him up to help coordinate reservations for my family, he followed through to make sure everything was taken care of. Last minute he helped coordinate a bus for a trip to Gainsvilles for the LSU vs. Florida Game. What a relief this was not to have to deal with. It was truely a great weekend and I will continue to recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Aurthur34678!

During your stay with us we are glad to hear that you and your family had a great time and received such remarkable service! Jason will be pleased to know that he was able to have such a positive impact on your stay!

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!
Hopwood, Pennsylvania

Written by:
M. Pidich
As a recent guest at this hotel I want not only the hotel manager but any future guest to know that Mr. Alvarado went above and beyond my expectations of service when Hertz Road Assistance failed me miserably.
I checked out of the hotel yesterday, Oct 9, 2012 and Mr. Alvarado brought me my Hertz rental car and gave me directions to the airport. As a pulled to a stop light a driver in another car pulled up beside me, blow his horn and pointed to my right rear tire. I pulled to the side of the road and sure enough had a flat tire. I called Hertz Travel Assistance 3 times waiting 10 minutes or more each time without ever getting any assistance as the message kept repeating to wait for the next available agent. Fixing flat tires is not one of my skills and I feared I would be late for my flight
so - with no repair shop in sight I decided to go back to the hotel and ask for help from a valet.
Thankfully Mr. Alvarado was on duty and quickly changed the tire after moving the car to a safe location to do so. He was finished in 5 minutes and was gracious and polite throughout the process.
I want Mr. Alvarado, his supervisor and any potential guest to know what a tremendous asset he is to the Starwood family and this Westin hotel in particular!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Mary P!

Our staff strives to exceed our guest’s expectations. We are so sorry to hear that you had a complication during your stay with us! Our entire team here at the Westin is gracious to know that Jose was able to assist you in your time of need in such a timely manner!

We hope to see you again at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Hotel staff is unbelievably friendly and helpful. Benny the maintenance man was incredibly competent. The staff at the front desk had all the answers. The room was clean and comfortable.I would definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room. The higher the better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Jesse M!

Your kind words have been shared with our entire staff, especially your mention of Benny’s performance!

We hope to see you again!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I would like to commend the Westin Tampa Harbour Island hotel for it's excellent customer service. The gentleman that I work for recently stayed at this hotel the night before a Caribbean cruise. He accidentally left 3 garment bags at the hotel and they didn't discover that they were missing until the ship had already sailed. We immediately called the hotel and spoke to Mr. Luis Jordan, head of housekeeping. Mr. Jordan went to extraordinary measures to assist with locating and sending this luggage to my boss. There was quite a lot involved as it involved international shipping. We were so impressed with the Westin Tampa Harbour Hotel and especially Mr. Jordan for his kindness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for recognizing the excellent customer service we provide here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island SusanM30452!

It was truly Mr. Jordan’s pleasure to assist you and your boss with getting the garment bags where they needed to be in a timely manner and with ease.

Thank you again and we hope to see you and your boss in the future!
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The front desk staff was superior, accomodating our special needs (federal employees) with ease and graciousness. While there is not a lot within walking distance, the trolley system is close, and it will take you downtown and to Ybar City (trendy). It's also close to the cruise ship dock.

Room Tip: It was an assigned room, so no tips do I have.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience with us here at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island mvksmalDC!

Our core values at the Westin are to provide a nice experience by being personal and instinctive to our guests needs. It is warming to know that during your stay we were able to achieve our goal and that you left us feeling inspired!

It is truly our pleasure to have had you stay with us and we hope to see you again!
Aventura, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great staff! Made my stay wonderful. Room was beautiful and clean...overlooking the water. Very comfortable bed, great amenities. Prompt service, staff very accommodating and goes above and beyond to assist. Would recommend this hotel to any business traveler! Will be staying there on my next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Stefanie B!

Our staff takes pride in providing our guests only the best service. We genuinely care about the experience of all of our guests whether they are here on business or pleasure. Additionally, we strive to exceed our guests expectations in every way!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you again!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!