“Average at best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Tampa Harbour Island

Expedia.com Booking.com
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #25 of 158 hotels in Tampa
southeast
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a fairly expensive hotel in a great location- the views are pretty cool- and it's within easy walking distance to the convention center. The staff is pleasant and helpful. However, the general appearance is shabby and in need of sprucing up. The carpets look dirty, and the carpets in the hall where our room was had noticeable wrinkles that had collected dirt and wear on the wrinkle marks. The bathroom fixtures were loose and the fan didn't work. Not what I'd expect for $150+ a night; and if you're charging that much for a room wifi ought to be complimentary. Putting water bottles in the rooms with $3 price tags is chintzy, too- either put smaller free ones in there or skip it. Nickel and diming customers is bad business. I'd stay there again if I needed to be in the immediate area *and* I could get a deal. Otherwise, no.

Stayed April 2012
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us catshovel,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had endured throughout your stay. Your experience has been shared with the staff as an effort to improve the services we provide. Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you would like to contact the hotel directly we would be happy to speak with you!

Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

775 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Hotel is in a good location for downtown attractions. Rooms are clean and spacious and beds very comfy. The restaurant was reasonable for lunch but quite pricey for breakfast. They charge for wifi unless you come down to the lobby and it is free there. Staff is friendly. Not enough information in the room about the hotel. Wish there was a fan in the bathroom. Got too hot in there.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with city and bay view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Linda5355!

The entire Westin Staff are thrilled to know that during your stay you were able in indulge in our heavenly beds and the friendliness of our staff. Our tranquil location is located to attractions of downtown Tampa which makes it convenient to treat yourself to wonderful experience while staying here.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Westin Harbour Island and we had a great experience with one of the bellmen. Alex Davis overheard our party of five talking about how we would cram into a cab for a ride to a nearby family reunion and he quickly offered to shuttle us over in the hotel van. He offered his card and suggested that we call at end of the night and they would come over and get us. What a treat and service "above and beyond" the call of duty. many thanks. beth and gary Williams

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for visiting us Mr. & Mrs. Williams!

Alex and the entire staff of the Westin Tampa Harbour Island are pleased to hear that you had a great experience. The personal and instinctive interactions that we have with our guests here at the Westin is what we hope puts us above and beyond the rest!

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

You'll read many reviews - both positive and negative - about the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. My experience was wonderful. The service from the entire staff was exceptional! The staff operated from a mindset of "YES WE CAN" rather than "NO, WE'RE SORRY". The room was clean, although I have to admit they forgot to service the room the second day. No problem - when I mentioned it to the Front Desk, they offered to send someone right away. I declined but later when I was there to purchase a soda and candy bar, it was on the house. Location is great, views are great, Heavenly Bed is great. All in all, I can't wait to return!!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was upgraded to the Starwood Preferred Level.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Greetings cptraveler916,

Thank you for providing the details of your visit. The Westin Tampa Harbour Island strives on allowing our guests to reach their potential by the personal interactions we create with our guests. At the end of our guests stay they should leave feeling refreshed and renewed. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

The Westin Tampa Harbour Island looks forward to seeing you again soon!
Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was a guest in March, and wanted to commend Rosa for her attentive and personal service in the hotel bar. She remembered my name, my drink preference (as well as my husband's!!!), and the appetizers we had previously ordered. We also had a very nice conversation about Michigan State University, where we were both students. She made our stay memorable, and she should be recognized for her instinctive and personal service. She certainly made us feel welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the water
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Sarah H!

Our associates take pride in providing personal and instinctive services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived! The staff of the Westin is pleased to hear that Rosa demonstrated the our core values and it is being shared with our entire staff!

Thank you for choosing the Westin and we hope to see you again in the future!
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

I arrived around 5pm after a hard day of work to find the main dining room closed (NOT the kitchen), due to low occupancy. My only option in the hotel was to dine in the bar, something I typically don't enjoy for a nice quiet dinner, particularly if the bar has TVs tuned to sports channels. It was early and I was the only customer.
I was anxious to connect to the internet and continue working while waiting for my dinner. I was not able to do that (see next paragraph). My steak ....which was DELICIOUS.....wasn't cooked exactly as I ordered it, but I was hungry and didn't want to send it back. Joe, who was wearing the dual hats of bartender and server, offered me a free dessert (I chose the delicious key lime pie) because of the difficulty I had connecting to the internet and the fact that my steak was slightly (but only slightly) overcooked. VERY NICE SERVICE RECOVERY! In the end, I had a very enjoyable dinner. Since I was the only customer, Joe and I struck up a conversation and I heard an engaging story about his plans to take his aging father to the Bonneville Salt Flats west of my home, to fulfill his dad's lifelong dream of watching the speed trials. Had the bar been full, I know that Joe would have been attentive to every guest. I appreciated his commitment to service recovery and I enjoyed hearing the great story about his dad! Great service and an inspiring story was a great way to end a hard day! Thank you!

When I was not able to connect to the internet in the restaurant or lobby, Karen, who was pouring wine in the lobby, walked with me to the front desk to get a code for the lobby (if needed), and ultimately went to obtain the meeting room code. When that failed to work, the front desk offered me complimentary WiFi in my room for the evening. In the end, the problem was with my default browser, not the hotel's WiFi. Thank you Karen, for going out of your way to try to help me connect to the internet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at the grammac54!

It was truly our pleasure to have had you with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island! Your comments of the service you received from our outstanding associate Joe at The Bar have been shared with our entire staff!

Thank you again for choosing the Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we look forward to seeing you again!
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at Westin Tampa Harbour Island and we throughly enjoyed it. The service, especially in the restaurant was some of the best we ever had. In January of 2012 I was in Tampa for a conference and stayed at both the Marriott Waterside and the Embassy Suites Tampa Bay, out of the 3 the Westin was the best! You can't beat their heavenly beds. The hotel was a little bit older then the others but this didn't bother us. The lobby was very clean and well decorated, pool was lovely to spend a couple of hours at. Being on the island was quiet. Walking distance to the Tampa bay times form.

What makes your stay here is the amazing service!

Stayed March 2012
WestinTampaHarbour, Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you EmilyMoir for staying with us at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island Hotel!

We take pride in providing extraordinary services to our guests. From the moment you walk through the front door until the time you depart it is our goal to have you feeling better than you did when you arrived!

It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!