“Best Front Desk Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Westin Tampa Harbour Island to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Westin Tampa Harbour Island
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S. Harbour Island Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (Formerly Wyndham Harbour Island)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“Best Front Desk Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Traveling for business is sometimes rough but staying at the Westin provides the home away from home experience that makes it easier on you. This is all thanks to Joy, Adriana, and the rest of the front desk staff whom always strive to make your stay as welcoming as possible. It is an absolute pleasure to interact with these individuals on a daily basis.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Greetings DannyL,

Thank you for your response. It is always a pleasure to receive great comments about our associates, especially when they are recognized by name. I am happy Joy and Adriana provide a home away from home during your visits
We hope to see you soon.

912 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Modern, beautiful hotel, comfy rooms, and great bathrooms. Nice bar downstairs and convenient to Tampa and the beaches. Very pet friendly. Nice gym. Great staff all around. Wish the pool was outdoors though. Going back in December.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Greetings LuLuCt,

We thank you for the great comments and we look forward to your visit in December....

Apollo Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We wanted a weekend in Tampa to celebrate an anniversary and I don't think we could have made a better choice for a place to stay. Even though we arrived late in the evening, the hotel GM greeted us personally and escorted us through the registration process. We were upgraded to a premium room with water views. Joy, who registered us, sent champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries along with a personal note to our room after asking why we were visiting. I know the hotel was busy that weekend with 2 different football teams visiting, but we never had to wait for anything we wanted--our car was always waiting for us, room service was very quick, and the restaurant and housekeeping staff were falling all over themselves trying to help us any way they could. The harbour island location was perfect for us and was close to everything we like to do in Tampa. If you haven't tried the Westin's heavenly bed, you can't know what you're missing. We had a terrific weekend and we'll be back to the Westin again. Many thanks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi James K,

Happy Anniversary. What an honor for us you chose to stay at The Westin Tampa Harbour Islands for such an occasion. I am glad Joy recognized your celebration and was able to Surprise and Delight you with Champagne and Strawberries. Thank you for commending the staff and it will be my pleasure to recognize them for a job well done.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

My wife and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank a young man named Selcuk. He was very thoughtful and considerate when delivering room service breakfast. My wife suffers from chronic migraines and on one of the mornings he brought her breakfast up, she told him she was having a migraine and he quietly placed the tray in the room and immediately lowered his voice. He explained to my wife that his sister also suffers from this chronic condition and that he very well understood what she was going through based on his own personal experience at home and, when he was leaving the room he was deliberate to ensure the door closed softly behind him. He also made sure that her breakfast tray was prepared to order (she also has food allergies) and that she had everything she needed. Frankly, that's what I call customer service that should be an industry standard. If it were me, I;d have him training other staff members, not just locally, but globally on what "right looks like" for customer service.

I wish I could rate the hotel overall the same. However, I cannot. I would say that the hotel was probably very, very nice 20 years ago, but it seems to me to be in need of updating. The room was comfortable, but had an old/dated feeling to it.

We would stay there again, but honestly would have to say that it would only be as a second or third choice if my primary was not available. I only give this a very good rating because of the level of customer service received by Selcuk.When Selcuk wasn't delivering room service, there was a major difference in the level of service received.

Room Tip: Recommend a room with a view of the canal, very nice view from the top floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Greetings Leamon D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at TheWestin Tampa Harbour Island. I am very proud of Selcuk as he truly exemplifies our passion for service excellence. It will be my utmost pleasure to recognize him amongst his peers for his thoughtfulness and empathy during his interaction with you and your wife.
I am happy to share that we are in the planning stages of some very exciting renovations to hopefully start in 2011 into 2012.
We certainly appreciate you staying with us and If your travels bring you back to Tampa, please do not hesitate to email me directly at carlos.sanchez@westintampaharbourisland.com.

Winter Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Westin Harbour Island hotel over 10-15 times. Although there are some drawbacks to the hotel such as stained, ripped carpet in the halls and rooms, dreary hallways, malfunctioning elevators, so-so food, poor standard rooms, noisy A/C at times and always there are burnt out light bulbs in the room. This being said there are two main reasons to stay at this hotel. First is the staff. Carlos the manager should be proud of the training of his front desk staff they are excellent and have always gone out of their way to help me especially Adrianna. Second as a SPG Platinum member you will be upgraded to a suite. This hotel has 3 different types of suites, the first is a small suite with a seperate living room and bedroom-OK but nothing great-no TV in the living room, the second suite is HUGE with 2 bathrooms, a dining room table, multiple flat screen TV's and fridges. The thrid type of suite is MASSIVE, a full size dining table and chairs, 3 full size sofas, 2 bathrooms, a large palor outside the seperate bedroom! It is the biggest suite I've ever had at a hotel, not to be missed. (Yes the furnishings are a little old but not terrible) The big suites face the water on all 3 sides so you have an incredible view. Also all rooms have those great Westin beds. In addition to the suites this hotel is one of a handful of hotels in Tampa that has covered parking. A plus since it rains all the time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I am a Starwood Platinum member and I would like to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I'm here on business and I brought my family along and the staff treated us wonderfully. The hotel manager personally saw to it that my wife and children were taken care of. As well the hotel property is beautiful and the location is perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Greetings Alan S,

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to share your renewing experience. We take pride in our service and appreciate your kind words regarding the team. Your loyalty to the brand is to be celebrated and we look forward to enhancing your journey. We understand that the time spent with family is special. It is our pleasure to be of assistance during your stay with us.

We look forward to your next visit to Tampa and your next stay at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed here a couple times when in town for business. Nice Harbor view location and next to Jacksons- a good seafood restaurant on the water. Wouldn’t stay here for vacation, but for work its good. Rooms were nice, simple, clean, and friendly service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
WestinHarbourIsland, General Manager at Westin Tampa Harbour Island, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Greetings KeppenK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Westin Tampa Harbour Island. Our entire staff appreciates the positive feedback. It is our goal to assist you in reaching your potential. Whether you are traveling on business, with your significant other or your family, our staff will work to ensure that you achieve your goals.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. It is our hope that when your travels bring you back to Tampa, we are able to be a part of your journey. We look forward to your return.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Westin Tampa Harbour Island? Share your experiences!