“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 159 hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

This was a great hotel. Large clean rooms. Comfortable beds. I didn't worry about staying there with my baby. Some people said the neighborhood wasn't the best but I didn't find anything wrong with it. It was in a quiet location. I plan to stay again next time I drive through the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

This was our first time. We stayed for 2 days, we didn't want to leave. The hotel was so clean, staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was facing the trees on the 3rd floor, just awesome, had fridge, flat screen tv. We used the excecise room and the pool. Very Nice. The pool was heated to a lovely temperature. We were staying at this hotel before we went to Dunedin Fl. We were unfamilair with the area, the staff was so helpful on restaurant choices and directions, we like the area very much. Highly Recommend!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

We were traveling from Michigan with our 2 children and we came upon the reviews here on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 4 nights and we just loved it! The hotel is very clean. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. My only small issue is having to ask for an extra towel set (they gave us 3 sets daily) even though we were on record as having 4 people in the room. Staff was very nice about giving us the extra towel set. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. We took advantage of the hotel's Busch Gardens package which saved us a few extra bucks. We were so happy that the hotel is also close to gas stations, restaurants and shopping in a very safe area of NEW Tampa. The Wingate is THE hidden gem of Tampa! We can't wait to return next year.

St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed here for a week in Mach with out 1 and 3 year old daughters. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and were so friendly. The breakfast was great with lots of selection. The pool was nice too. The hotel was about 5 minutes from Busch Gardens and had many restaurants nearby. We were near a great hiking trail as well. We went to Clearwater beach once (about 45 minutes away). We would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

We stayed 3 nights at the hotel with Busch Gardens length of stay tickets. The rooms were super clean and comfortable, the housekeeping was impeccable and the breakfast selections were great each day, from eggs to make your own waffles. There is free computer use in the business center or you can choose to have free internet access in your room on your own laptop. There is an outside heated pool as well as a hottub for your use. I would highly recommend this place as it is nestled away from the business of the city in the woods, just be careful near the pond, there ARE alligators in there we were informed :). Also the beds and pillows were the best, we brought our own pillows but did not need them.

Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Hotel was new and very clean. Breakfast was very good with many choices- fresh waffles, yogurt, many cereals, muffins and bagels. Hot items for the week included eggs, sausages, breakfast burritos and breakfast pizzas (hot items varied day to day). The pool was small, but nicely kept and sufficient for my 7 and 5 year old. Everyone we encountered from the office to housekeeping was very pleasant. There are countless restaurants within 1 mile or so (Chilis, Panera Bread, Ruby Tuesday, Fridays, Macaroni Grill...), Walgreens is within walking distance, and Busch Gardens is about 6 miles down the road. We also went to the beach and to a Rays Game in Tampa during our stay. Each trip took us a little over an hour, which is why I think that if we returned, we may stay somewhere closer to the gulf. It wasnt super convenient if you plan to go to the beach or downtown a few times. But other than that, I have no complaints. It was a tremendous value, very clean and pleasant.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010 via mobile

We were traveling from Bradenton back to Mississippi and I saw the reviews as #1 here on tripadvisor. We ended up staying two nights instead of one! The hotel is very clean. It has an outdoor heated pool an indoor HUGE whirlpool a fitness center a business center and a large free breakfast buffett. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. The beds rival the ones found in 5 star hotels. The location is just off of interstate 75 and is only a few miles from Busch Gardens. It is also close to gas stations, restaurants and shpopping. Yet it is tucked away in a very nice and safe offstreet. If you are looking for an affordable, safe, clean family hotel, then the Wingate is THE hidden gem of Tampa!

• Stayed April 2010

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!