“Best value for a safe, family friendly, well located hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Best value for a safe, family friendly, well located hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We were traveling from Bradenton back to Mississippi and I saw the reviews as #1 here on tripadvisor. We ended up staying two nights instead of one! The hotel is very clean. It has an outdoor heated pool an indoor HUGE whirlpool a fitness center a business center and a large free breakfast buffett. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in. The beds rival the ones found in 5 star hotels. The location is just off of interstate 75 and is only a few miles from Busch Gardens. It is also close to gas stations, restaurants and shpopping. Yet it is tucked away in a very nice and safe offstreet. If you are looking for an affordable, safe, clean family hotel, then the Wingate is THE hidden gem of Tampa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
powell, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Very clean friendly hotel great place to stay for Busch Gardens. Awsome breakfast and snack bar in evening. Manager comes around and speaks with you that was a nice touch. Heated pool inside hot tub.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

The manager and front deask help were very helpful and accommodating - they recommended restaurants, shopping areas, and arranged shuttles for evening excursions and trips to the airport. A complimentary breakfast was ready each morning at 6 AM - everything from fruit to freshly made waffles. Free internet service in each room was another plus.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

From start to finish-a great stay. Staff were great and very friendly-even my teenager liked the staff that she was involved with
Room was very comfortable and they were able to make requested changes since we are unable to use the down pillows provided-no problems in getting extra towels when asked. Since it was just my teen and me, asked that they leave the clean up until we checked out which did not present then with any problem
Grounds were well managed unable to use the pool due to the weather but it looked like it could have been a lot of fun-Gym was great
Breakfast fresh, hot, and ample to start the day and no problems in taking items back to the room if you wanted to.
A little off the regular hotel area but close to Bush Gardens, Orlando, Downtown Tampa-right off the freeway. Great restaurants and fast food locations within walking distance.
Hope to be able to return later this year if not next year for sure.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Vero Beach. Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

If you are looking for cleanliness and impeccable customer service and convenience, this place exceeds your expectations.
I was pleased to find they offered Special Rates for Moffet Cancer Center families and transportation. Along with genuine personal support and encouragement for us. They also were flexible with accomodating our schedules.
The Hotel is bright, cheerful and homey, the full breakfast also was so convenient to start your day, wether you were there on business or other reasons, and Happy Hour evenings took some of the stress and tension from any day, or to celebrate good news! We appreciated all the extra services including recommendations on where to dine in the area.. suggestions were flawless. Circumstances dictate more trips to Moffitt and to be sure Windgate will be where we stay. Kuddos to all* the staff.

Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I would highly recommend this hotel...The value and resort-like quality for your money cannot be beat.

The staff hospitality puts this hotel well above and beyond any hotel at which I've ever stayed. Richie, the manager, took great care of us. We did not have a car during our 2-day stay. We simply put in a request at the front desk to use the free shuttle service for things like dinner and shopping. Richie recommended the Stonewood Grill & Tavern for dinner. (This was an excellent suggestion - great dinner.) He took us right to the door, and picked us up again when we were ready to return to the hotel. We felt like royalty being chauffeured! Richie also recommended shopping at the Shops at Wiregrass the next day. We set the time and he again chauffeured us. (Great advice again - the shops were like an outdoor mall, very pleasant.)

In addition to the convenient shuttle service, there were many little things that also set this hotel apart: Like offering Busch Gardens tips, offering free water bottles to us before dropping us off to shop, and giving us a free bottle of wine to enjoy for the night after dinner. I'm sure I'm forgetting more of the nice things Richie and the staff did for us.

The location of the hotel is great - off the busy road, quiet. The area is very nice and safe, with many restaurants, shopping, etc.

Our room was clean, roomy and quiet. The fridge in the room allowed us to have a lighter, cheaper snack type lunch. And also keep leftovers from dinner. TV is flat screen. Good water pressure in the bathroom. Clean bathroom. Comfortable bed.

The free breakfast was great, offering a big variety of both hot and cold items. There was also a manager's reception in the evening from 5-7p offering cheese/crackers, chips, bottled water, soda, beer and wine.

We used the fitness room a couple of times, and also the whirlpool. Both were clean and functional. The pool area outside was relaxing, clean and quiet.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel - I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I'm in the area. It turned a great vacation into an amazing vacation!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We loved the location of this hotel. It's recessed further back from the main highway, Bruce B. Downs, and there's a forest or a park behind the hotel so it's very quiet. There are many restaurants nearby in this upbeat area. Glad we didn't choose the other Wingate in Tampa closer to Busch Gardens. We happened to drive by it on the way to Busch Gardens and was surprised by the condition of the surrounding area. It was old, run down and seemed economically depressed. This location that we chose does not offer a free shuttle to the park but its lower price makes up the difference. Our room had 2 queens and alot of ample space. Loved the huge flat screen TV. They offer a full business office with free internet access. We went online and checked in our luggage and printed out all of our boarding passes before going to the airport. Our other hotel in Orlando charged by the hour to use the internet in the hallway. The free hot breakfast was plentiful and satisfying. I enjoyed making my own belgium waffles with strawberry topping. We liked the sausage patties and egg patties (round scrambled eggs), different but yummy. Moms will appreciate the individually wrapped whole fresh fruit. I didn't want to pay $2 for a piece of fruit at the theme parks. The manager, George, greeted everyone at each table at breakfast , very warm and friendly. The coffee, tea and juices were available 24 hrs. By the way, the coffee is good. I couldn't handle one more cup of burnt tasting coffee that our last hotel offered. This hotel is super clean, from the lobby to the hallways to the rooms. We will stay here again and ask for a room with a forest view. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family