“Conference Room Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, Florida
“Conference Room Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have a leadership business that utilizes the conference room every Tuesday night. Our experience has been excellent. Jessica Blasko, who works at the front desk shows the type of servant leadership that our business teaches; we love her smile and upbeat attitude that she brings with her everyday. Thank you Jessica for helping make our business with not only our team members but as well as future team members one that parallels our focus and teachings of leadership!

Blessings,
Jeff and Shawne Patterson

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Laval
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I stayed 8 days from 25 july until 8 august at this hotel and i really loved it, the service was excellent, breakfast is very good, the pool was relaxing and its close to everything.
I would definitely come back and i recommend this hotel big time.

• Stayed July 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

All of the staff was extremely friendly! The place was clean and fairly newly remodeled. The continental breakfast was actually good! The only thing I could complain about was that the elevators and hallways were warm, but we weren't in them long enough to be a problem. The rooms and lobby were cool.

The location was great! We visited Busch Gardens and it was a quick and easy trip. There are also a lot of food places right by the hotel.

FYI there is a resident rooster that hangs out around the hotel. I heard him in the morning after I woke up, but he was not loud enough to wake me. I thought he was pretty cool.

I was very pleased with this place and will stay there again when I go back in December.

Room Tip: If you have pets, they allow 2 pets per room with no pet deposit.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We're on a roadtrip (we're from Switzerland) and we stayed in this hotel for one night. The rate was great (thank you, travelgoupon:-)) and the interior in the entrance hall looked great. We only booked the standard kingsize room and we were impressed how huge and nicely decored it was! And we even had a view into the forest (ask for this side of the hotel!).
We used the well equipped fitness room and slept like angels in the very confy bed!
The service was great and very professional, thank you for that (you notice, that it's a higher class hotel/motel).
The location is also good when you're on the road - and we're right now even thinking about going back and spend the last night of our vacation (we fly from tampa back to zurich) there again!

• Stayed July 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I put a lot of time and effort into planning our first trip to Tampa with the hopes of reconnecting with my estranged daughter. Obviously a trip that involved a lot of emotion, anxiety and uneasiness, so we decided to bring along our two dogs. We spent countless hours reading reviews on many different hotels before making our decision. We consider ourselves clean freaks, so cleanliness was at the top of our priority list. We decided on this property based on the friendliness of the evening desk clerk who answered our phone call, the positive feedback from other customers and the fact that they would allow our pets with no additional fee. The driving distance from Wilmington, NC to Tampa, FL is approximately eleven hours and before we decided to hit the road at midnight. We inquired about the early check in policy at this hotel. We were told it was not a problem and it would cost an additional $25 for a check in prior to 3pm. It was a long drive to say the least and when we arrived in front of the hotel at 11:30am, I was on the phone with my mother so I stayed in the car while my husband went inside to get us checked in. He came back out within minutes explaining the room would not be ready until 2:00 and proceeded to pull out of the hotel while I continued with my phone conversation. After 20 minutes of driving in no particular direction I asked him to go back to the hotel. I was extremely sore from sitting in the car for twelve hours at this point. I went to the front desk this time and the manager tried to explain to me that even though check out time is 11am, they had no rooms available for us at 12:15 in the afternoon. I explained to her that I have worked in many hotels and I was aware of how procedures worked. I then explained to her that we would just cancel our reservation and go elsewhere because I was exhausted. Well, surprise, surprise!! All of a sudden within seconds she had a room ready for us. After getting done with the check in process, she asked for the $25 early check in fee which turned into $28 with taxes and I watched my husband hand over the exact amount of $28 in cash. After getting to our room the smell of urine hit me in the face even though the floor was tile. I guess it was the one 4x6 rug that was laying next to the bed. We were so tired that I wasn’t about to switch rooms especially after the first impression and headache I had already been forced to deal with. We had planned on staying three nights at this hotel, but decided one night was enough and cancelled our reservation. The topper was when we got back to our room around 11pm and a bill had been slid under our door stating we owed the early check in fee. My husband took the bill down stairs and was told they would have to call the manager in the morning. In the morning we awoke to “another” bill under our door with the fee still being requested. He went to the front desk again!! The clerk called the manager at home who denied taking any cash from my husband. Seriously?? There is a camera right behind the desk and he asked them to review their own footage. Finally the clerk agreed to believe his story, but did mention they would be reviewing the tape. Very unprofessional from the beginning to the end. Don’t stay here unless you like to be spoken to like you are a nuisance and a thief. Not to mention the shower water pressure was terrible, the size of the pool is way too small, and they only stocked the bathroom with one wash cloth, one hand towel. The room looked nothing like the pictures and it was not that clean either. Regardless, I can turn my cheek to a lot, but being accused of not paying our bill and the actual manager denying she took our cash was a bit much. Will NEVER stay here again.

Lake Worth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was equal to those of double to price or more..granite countertops, luxurious bedding, beautiful tile, really comfortable and well-appointed! Would stay there again for certain! The Hotel staff was very accomodating as well. Pets are even allowed at no charge.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel due to the great service specially by David the employee during nights. He was very serviceable and help my family out a lot. The manager on duty was great too. Hotel was very clean and the non smoking rule is great because the rooms didn't had a funky smell like other hotels do. The are was great also close to many restaurants and high way. I highly recommend this hotel.