“La Quinta North Tampa - wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Lake Worth, United States
“La Quinta North Tampa - wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was equal to those of double to price or more..granite countertops, luxurious bedding, beautiful tile, really comfortable and well-appointed! Would stay there again for certain! The Hotel staff was very accomodating as well. Pets are even allowed at no charge.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel due to the great service specially by David the employee during nights. He was very serviceable and help my family out a lot. The manager on duty was great too. Hotel was very clean and the non smoking rule is great because the rooms didn't had a funky smell like other hotels do. The are was great also close to many restaurants and high way. I highly recommend this hotel.

Ronkonkoma, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Room was nice and clean. Cleaning staff nice and polite. Front desk helpful and quite pleasant. The included breakfast had some hot items and that was fine. Pool was small but nice and clean. But the rooster can be annoying! There is a beautiful rooster who mysteriously joined the hotel grounds about two years ago. He has a tendency to crow about 5:00 am. He is in front of the hotel in the treed area near the front parking lot. Ask for a room in back if you don't want to hear his morning wake up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back away from the Rooster.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is our place to stay when we come to Tampa. The rooms are great and the service even better. The motel is just far enough off Bruce B Downs to keep noise from being a problem. Although you will find a rooster out the front of the motel in the morning. Kind of gives it a country atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, away from traffic noise.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We liked our stay at the hotel. It was our family's (Mom, Dad, 4 little kids and a 70 lb dog) first trip to Tampa and we stayed 2 nights.
Everyone was very friendly. The breakfast was fine...make sure you don't wait until a half-hour before breakfast ends - the ladies in charge don't restock things the last 1/2 hour and they put EVERYTHING away the MOMENT it turns 9:30am. But it wasn't a big deal. DEFINITELY not worth bypassing this hotel. It's a pretty great place to stay.
Absolutely NO problems with this place.
Our room was clean (as was the bathroom).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Laquinta_Tampa, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear JoshandDonnela,

It is a pleasure to have a Senior Contributor of TripAdvisor take the time out to review our property. The La Quinta Inn & Suites and myself would like to say " Thank You" for your kinds words about the staff and property. Your concerns about breakfast will be noted and discussed to staff to make sure that we are accommodating our guest needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Christopher Oliver
Manager
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North
Greenville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

LaQuinta provided clean, quiet rooms with comfortable beds and a very helpful, friendly staff. Although I don't like the idea of "pet friendly" hotels, there was no indication of pets having been in the rooms we stayed in. During my stay, I needed to scan / email some documents with sensitive information and didn't want to sent the information over their wifi network. The desk clerk informed me of a nearby FedEx store across the street from the hotel that had late evening hours. I was able to get my documents sent out on time with no problems thanks to her help! The price was competitive for the area. Overall, this was a good stay and I would stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

havelock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This LaQuinta was clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. We slept comfortably and for a change, it was quiet! The staff were polite. The complimentary breakfast was just average at most. However, overall we enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend this location to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Robin M,

Thank you for taking the time out to give us your review on our property. We at the La Quinta would like to say thank you for your kinds words. We hope to see you soon here in Tampa, Florida.

Here For You

Christopher Oliver
Manager
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!