“Like a 5 Star!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #12 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Like a 5 Star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am going to give you an honest review of this La Quinta hotel. This was undoubtably the best hotel I've stayed in, and I have been to several high class, high star hotels in my life. First of all, the cleaning crew and maintenance are fantastic. They were very friendly, accommodating, and extremely thorough. The location is perfect, it is near everything: The movies, gas stations, Publix, Parks, Red Lobster and other restraints, etc. The building is newly renovated and looks gorgeous! The workout room is new and fantastic as well. The breakfast in the morning was also delicious. However, what really made our stay and experience at this La Quinta the best I've ever had, was the service. While my house was being renovated I decided to stay at this La Quinta for the time being. The front desk, which comprised of the Manager Carl, Jessica, and Cyeeda, was unbelievable. They all went out of their way to help us with anything we needed, were very friendly and kind, and overall did their jobs very well. My family and I had such a splendid experience at this hotel that we decided to stay there the entire few months while our house was renovated and we made the right choice without a doubt. I absolutely recommend this La Quinta to anyone looking for a well priced, clean, great serviced, and well located hotel equivalent to a 5 star in my opinion.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a part of our road trip we stayed at the LaQuinta in New Tampa. Although the location is in keeping with the other LaQuinta facilities and there were some renovations going on (which we were not bothered by). The help and friendliness by the staff made our stay very nice.

The immediate surroundings offer a variety of chain and local restaurants so you can take your pick. From here you can get around Tampa quite efficiently.

We would recommend this place for a stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The New Tampa La Quinta will be a stellar hotel to stay at for extended periods or shorter. We were fortunate to meet the Manager Carl who took care of us as if we were family, and the staff were kind and helpful as well. I would highly recommend staying at this New La Quinta in New Tampa with its contemporary interior design and relaxing atmosphere.......it is five stars........

Room Tip: we stayed on the top floor facing the tropical forest and not one sound to disturb our peaceful slee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

While reading reviews about other hotels close to Busch Gardens, I was a little worried about the area. This hotel was in a safe area plenty of restaurants nearby. It is currently going through a remodel so our room was new. We even got a little upgrade than what we paid for. Even with the remodeling, we were never bothered with noise or dust. Staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jacksoonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Even during a remodel the team at the La Quinta in Wesley Chapel is top notch. We visit the New Tampa area to see the new Grandbaby and are always treated so well at this particular La Quinta. We wholeheartedly recommend this La Quinta to travelers.

Room Tip: try to get a room close to the office if Internet is important to you. urging the remodel Internet s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While the building is under renovation. The part I stayed in was recenlty renovated and in great condition. The room was clean, and fairly quite. The internet was free and fast. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Black Mountain, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is an older facility that is being renovate. It was helpful having a GPS to find the hotel in the dark. Desk staff were very welcoming when we checked in. We were in a renovated room on the 3rd floor. The room was large with a couch and king bed. The bed was quite comfortable with a variety of pillows to meet any preference. The problem was that the bed was situated about a foot from the window air conditioner. When it would cycle on it would be like sleeping in a wind storm if you were the one sleeping on that side. It was a real squeeze getting out of bed with the air conditioner right there. I was unsuccessful is getting my wife to switch sides with me. While the bathroom had been renovated it still could have used a little more work. For instance, the door was separating at the bottom and the person doing the calking around the tub should try again. The towels were good however. The breakfast was good with plenty of room for those of us eating there.
While the price was reasonable, we have stayed at nicer places for a comparable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!