“Close to Busch Gardens, great area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
A TripAdvisor Member
“Close to Busch Gardens, great area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

While reading reviews about other hotels close to Busch Gardens, I was a little worried about the area. This hotel was in a safe area plenty of restaurants nearby. It is currently going through a remodel so our room was new. We even got a little upgrade than what we paid for. Even with the remodeling, we were never bothered with noise or dust. Staff was very friendly too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Jacksoonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Even during a remodel the team at the La Quinta in Wesley Chapel is top notch. We visit the New Tampa area to see the new Grandbaby and are always treated so well at this particular La Quinta. We wholeheartedly recommend this La Quinta to travelers.

Room Tip: try to get a room close to the office if Internet is important to you. urging the remodel Internet s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While the building is under renovation. The part I stayed in was recenlty renovated and in great condition. The room was clean, and fairly quite. The internet was free and fast. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Black Mountain, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is an older facility that is being renovate. It was helpful having a GPS to find the hotel in the dark. Desk staff were very welcoming when we checked in. We were in a renovated room on the 3rd floor. The room was large with a couch and king bed. The bed was quite comfortable with a variety of pillows to meet any preference. The problem was that the bed was situated about a foot from the window air conditioner. When it would cycle on it would be like sleeping in a wind storm if you were the one sleeping on that side. It was a real squeeze getting out of bed with the air conditioner right there. I was unsuccessful is getting my wife to switch sides with me. While the bathroom had been renovated it still could have used a little more work. For instance, the door was separating at the bottom and the person doing the calking around the tub should try again. The towels were good however. The breakfast was good with plenty of room for those of us eating there.
While the price was reasonable, we have stayed at nicer places for a comparable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spend a fair amount of time in Florida for business so finding a hotel location that I can use on a regular basis is important. The new off of I75 in North Tampa is great. They have just upgraded the top two floors and the lower two were in process. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful and it is a great area with restaurants and highway access. I will plan on bringing my family on one of my upcoming trips as it is just minutes from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed the bed in this recently renovated room!! It was firm & comfortable at the same time, without being hard. It was a delight to sleep without back & hip pain. Also the staff was extremely friendly & helpful. But most precious of all was the beautiful rooster who lives in the palmettos outside the front door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business