“OK but...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #8 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“OK but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is an older facility that is being renovate. It was helpful having a GPS to find the hotel in the dark. Desk staff were very welcoming when we checked in. We were in a renovated room on the 3rd floor. The room was large with a couch and king bed. The bed was quite comfortable with a variety of pillows to meet any preference. The problem was that the bed was situated about a foot from the window air conditioner. When it would cycle on it would be like sleeping in a wind storm if you were the one sleeping on that side. It was a real squeeze getting out of bed with the air conditioner right there. I was unsuccessful is getting my wife to switch sides with me. While the bathroom had been renovated it still could have used a little more work. For instance, the door was separating at the bottom and the person doing the calking around the tub should try again. The towels were good however. The breakfast was good with plenty of room for those of us eating there.
While the price was reasonable, we have stayed at nicer places for a comparable price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spend a fair amount of time in Florida for business so finding a hotel location that I can use on a regular basis is important. The new off of I75 in North Tampa is great. They have just upgraded the top two floors and the lower two were in process. The staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful and it is a great area with restaurants and highway access. I will plan on bringing my family on one of my upcoming trips as it is just minutes from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We really enjoyed the bed in this recently renovated room!! It was firm & comfortable at the same time, without being hard. It was a delight to sleep without back & hip pain. Also the staff was extremely friendly & helpful. But most precious of all was the beautiful rooster who lives in the palmettos outside the front door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Handicapped room had a bathtub not a shower.
Since my husband is confined to a wheelchair, the bathtub was not accessible to my husband. The hotel is being remodeled and I feel that the bathtub in handicapped
rooms should be replaced with an accessible shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The description from La Quinta says the property is newly renovated but that can't be very recent, as the bathroom tiles were mildewed and the shower looked at least a couple of years old; and I found a few hairs in the tub. But the rest of the room was clean and the front desk staff is very friendly.

Be warned, however, that the free wi-fi may not work in all the rooms.  My room, 210, could not receive a signal on any of my 3 devices (which are in perfect working order).  The front desk staff was no help on this problem, a major issue for me since I was traveling on business and wi-fi is critical.

Also, the lobby is under construction and when I asked for a corkscrew the front desk said they "couldn't find anything due to the construction." Perhaps a minor point but I was just off a flight and wanted to relax in the room with a glass of wine but then had to drive around looking for a corkscrew.

Although they have nice flat screen TVs the signal is old fashioned analog -- looks like TV circa 1995.  Why bother spending all that money on new TVs and not provide a Hi-Def signal??

Overall a decent place to stay but these little issues add up to a mediocre experience.  I expect better and could find better at other nearby chain hotels for a similar price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family was totally pleased with our stay that we extended an extra day. Considering the hotel was under renovation, the hotel staff ensured we were satisfied with our accommodations. The rooms were very clean and the quality of service was superb. What stood out the most in our visit was the professionalism of the staff and the excellent service they provided from the front desk, to the room service staff, to the kitchen crew who ensured breakfast every morning was of the highest quality. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!