“Expensive for what you get” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #8 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
“Expensive for what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This property recently changed from a Wyndham hotel to La Quinta. It is under renovation but that is okay with us. I believe only the 2nd floor (out of 4) was in service.

I really don't think we should have been charged the full $119 plus tax for our stay. I booked on the web and it did not say that there would be no amenities available. The pool, fitness centre and business centre were closed. The wireless Internet was terrible no matter where you are in the hotel. I believe we pay for those conveniences.

Rooms was clean, smelled good, and beds were comfy as per usual for La Quinta. Premises outside are also under renovation, but its understandable.

Breakfast in the morning was good. No complaints! We had sausage, eggs, French toast and waffles were available.

Overall, nice clean place, but with amenities gone- rate should have been reduced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hampton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel for our family reunion in advance of our arrival . When I called to reserve 6 rooms for my family, I was told the hotel was under renovations, but everything will be ready when we arrive, and we will enjoy a newly renovated hotel. Well, to our surprise, the hotel was in "FULL" renovation mode. Walls were torn out, plastic on the furniture and the floor, light fixtures and vent fans in the bathrooms were not working. The room keys did not work most of the time, the swimming pool was out of order, and there was no exercise room at the hotel. Now, this would not have been such a big deal if we had not plan some of our reunion activities around what was expected to be avaliable. for example, the swimming pool, and the exercise room. The kids really were expecting to swim, and workout in the weight room. That is why I called ahead to make sure these things were offered at the hotel. Furthermore, 1 out of 3 of my family members are diagnosed with asthma, not good with all the dust. On a good note, the staff was good, and they tried to make us comfortable, and the breakfast was better than most hotels. For the most part, we had to make the best of a "BAD" situation. Family was not happy with me! This was my first time staying at La Quinta before, and I was going to sign up for the "la Quinta" club......I don't think so. Fincare @aol.com

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The pool had scum & leaves in it & deck was filthy. Elevator had dirty rags in the track and corners , broken tile throughout. Luggage carts look like theyre from the 70s.
Wall damage on every level.
Called the desk twice with no answer, nobody at desk on a third personal attempt. Internet help desk ridiculed me, saying nobody else had trouble, maybe I didn't know how to use it. I do! Hairs in tub and on floor. Grout & fixtures were stained and dirty. There were 3 high beam security lights pointed right at our window. Family came into the room next door at 10:30, kids were jumping on the bed, which banged our wall, & were screaming & laughing...no answer at front desk, & 5:00 AM there was a rooster crowing in the parking lot. There's a Hen too. I have pictures of everything I've mentioned including the resident rooster. Made my Mothers Day begin HORRIBLY! I recommend this place be bulldozed, cause management doesn't care.

• Stayed May 2013
Fleming Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel although a bit farther out was clean and quiet. Located near RT 75 there are plenty of resturant and shopping options. The rooms were newly redecorated, breakfast offered a good variety of warm dishes from egg to waffles.

The staff was friendly and helpful with an efficient check in and check out

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've never stayed at a La Quinta and it would not be my first choice so I was disappointed when this hotel was revealed as my "win" on a popular discount travel site. I chose it because it was listed as a three star hotel which I still disagree with that distinction and for that reason alone, I will not be booking another hotel with that site anytime soon. The first thing I checked was tripadvisor once I learned what hotel I would be at. The reviews were all fairly good so I was optimistic. To shorten a very long story, I checked four different rooms, two didn't have properly operating doors, one had stains on all the furniture, and the fourth that I settled on had a number of issues which ultimately led to my early departure. The television had a loose cable which caused the reception to be horribly fuzzy, the bathroom only had a bar of soap (which I'm not used to and had forgotten my toiletry bag at home so I had to make a trip to the store,) the shower curtain was ripped at the top and bottom, a chair in the room was ripped, the tile grout was gray/black and needed a proper cleaning, while lying in bed, I noticed the underside of the lamps were filthy also. Most of those could be considered minor annoyances but the dirty carpets that soiled our feet/socks was more than I could take. I figured I had just thrown money down the drain on a well taken lesson (since it was prepaid) and decided to checkout in the morning and go elsewhere. Since I felt the cleaning standards were so lax, I definitely did not eat the breakfast, I didn't even go look at it. I just packed up my kids and went to check out.
I happened to be checking out with the front office manager so I explained to him why I was leaving early, the general manager was also nearby and expressed interest in my concerns. They let me know that they were aware of carpet problems and that everything was in the process of being replaced (it was obvious that the property was under remodeling construction). They were very accommodating, they went above and beyond to help with my situation when I was really not expecting anything at all. It was refreshing to see that kind of customer service! So, once renovations are complete, I do not doubt that this will be a better place to stay but if you're at all picky then wait a few months.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The good
Close to I75 and lots of nearby restaurants.
Friendly desk clerk.
Clean room
Comfortable beds
Good water pressure in the shower.

The annoying
Inconvenient outlets by the night stand and 2 of them are controlled by the light switch so once you turn the lights off the charger goes off(1 of my biggest pet peeves after a dirty room)
Poor or no Internet connection depending on where you are in the room.
Low shower head. I am 6'2 and I had to duck to rinse off.
The shower curtain rod was loose and sagging so the curtain wouldn't stay shut causing a puddle on the floor.
The wall paper in the bathroom is bubbling off the wall.

This is the first time I have stayed at this particular LaQuinta so I can only speak for room 301. From the reviews I've seen I'm sure other rooms are better. In my experience over the last few years LaQuinta's have been consistently good overall. I would stay here again if I'm back in the area. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I do wish that they would put a power strip on the nightstand like I've seen in other hotels.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this spot passing through Tampa and hopped off the interstate. Room was smaller but clean. Front Desk clerk was very nice. The breakfast was typical. The only issue I had was there was no milk for the cold cereal. I cant say anything bad. I would call this "clean and decent".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!