“Clean, comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #14 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Clean, comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The good
Close to I75 and lots of nearby restaurants.
Friendly desk clerk.
Clean room
Comfortable beds
Good water pressure in the shower.

The annoying
Inconvenient outlets by the night stand and 2 of them are controlled by the light switch so once you turn the lights off the charger goes off(1 of my biggest pet peeves after a dirty room)
Poor or no Internet connection depending on where you are in the room.
Low shower head. I am 6'2 and I had to duck to rinse off.
The shower curtain rod was loose and sagging so the curtain wouldn't stay shut causing a puddle on the floor.
The wall paper in the bathroom is bubbling off the wall.

This is the first time I have stayed at this particular LaQuinta so I can only speak for room 301. From the reviews I've seen I'm sure other rooms are better. In my experience over the last few years LaQuinta's have been consistently good overall. I would stay here again if I'm back in the area. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I do wish that they would put a power strip on the nightstand like I've seen in other hotels.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this spot passing through Tampa and hopped off the interstate. Room was smaller but clean. Front Desk clerk was very nice. The breakfast was typical. The only issue I had was there was no milk for the cold cereal. I cant say anything bad. I would call this "clean and decent".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Thank you for an excellent stay and experience at LQ North. Perfect location for my tennis tournament and available eating facilities. Particularly appreciated the dog friendly aspect at no charge. My little fellow was very good...no barking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

austin, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to the business traveler! Rooms are clean and property is spotless. Management and staff are extremely friendly; breakfast is good with variety of selections. Hotel is located in a quiet area close to interstate into Tampa. Beer was cold for "happy hour!"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Address: 17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#5 Business Hotel in Tampa
#12 Family Hotel in Tampa
#28 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Tampa North Hotel Tampa
Wingate Tampa North
Wyndham Tampa
Tampa Wyndham

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.