“Location, Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #10 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
CANDLER
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have stayed at the New Tampa Wingate twice before and will again. For us, the location is perfect. We like the rooms and breakfast. My only reason for knocking the cleanliness score on this stay is the fact that 2 nights in a row, I killed a roach in the room. It is Florida and we were on the ground floor, but the fact that it was 2 nights in a row bothered me a little bit. I will still go back and request a room on an elevated floor next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

When we arrived I was given a King bed and we requested 2 queens as confirmed in my email. The WiFi was out and the desk told me, " Nobody else has complained". I called tech support and they said the hotel needed to refresh there server. They called the hotel back and a few minutes later it was fixed. Not my job to fix and front desk should have taken care of that. The toilet leaked water all over the bathroom floor when you flushed it. Soaked my pants. Requested extra pillows, never got them. Staff and workers took all the food from the buffet in the morning leaving guest with No eggs or bacon for 20 minutes. I won't be going back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is my second stay at the Wingate .The manager Manuel and the entire staff are very personable and friendly. I noticed several changes /upgrades to the hotel from my previous stay. Going green with a request card to change sheets every other day or every day is an excellent idea. The breakfast continues to be my favorite!I felt very safe as a single woman traveling alone. The property surrounding the hotel is very well kept.This is my go to hotel whenever I am in Tampa.I noticed a plaque proudly displayed on the wall from Trip Advisor in the hotel...it's well deserved!This hotel is very clean-The staff does an excellent job of doing this.The fitness room-indoor pool-business center-hotel shuttle-and free wifi!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I arrived at the hotel with 7 pieces of luggage due to my relocation. It was nice to have a luggage cart available for my use, but most importantly to have a warm welcome and fast check-in process. I went up to my room and was happy to notice the clean smell. There's nothing that I hate more than a staled smelling room. The linen felt fresh and smelled clean. I have to point out how nice it was to walk into a clean bathroom. I didn't have to go far for a nice hot breakfast. You can make your own waffles in the morning and there's eggs, sausages, cereals, fruits, pastries, and to my surprise the coffee was really good. There's a fitness room, a guest business center, outdoor pool and restaurants, Walgreens pharmacy & gas stations all within walking distance. What impressed me the most was the hotel team. Everyone from Management, Front Desk Coordinators and housekeeping staff really worked in harmony to make our stay a good experience. With their help and tips I was able to find an apartment in the area in a couple of days. One young lady who impressed me the most was Jessica at the front desk. She really positively enhanced our experience. I highly recommend this place because of their cleanliness, amenities and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Hallway on second floor has a balcony that overlooks the lobby. If you want added privacy stay away...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

Address: 17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#9 Family Hotel in Tampa
#10 Spa Hotel in Tampa
#10 On the Beach Hotel in Tampa
#10 Business Hotel in Tampa
#18 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Tampa North Hotel Tampa
Wingate Tampa North
Wyndham Tampa
Tampa Wyndham

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.