“Very good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Ranked #15 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
praha
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Very nice stay clean rooms, good breakfast, kindly staff. Good price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Charlottesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We loved this place. We were there for 5 nights and traveled around the Tampa area, and it was always a nice place to return to at night. The staff was wonderful and knew a lot about restaurants and attractions in the area. There is everything on the road near it, for food, shops, gas, pharmacy, etc. Room was so comfy and big. We didn't use the pool or jacuzzi, but they looked nice. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We booked a Busch Gardens package with this hotel. It was rated #3 of Tampa hotels which is why we chose it. I don't understand how this is the 3rd best hotel in Tampa! At check in, I asked about upgrading our room and was told it was $75 more for our stay. I agreed and checked in. Our room was fine, nothing special but it was clean. They offer free breakfast in the morning, it was the usual free hotel breakfast. I had read rave reviews about it, didn't see what was so great and there wasn't a single piece of fruit to be found. On our second morning, I stopped at the front desk to ask something about our room and discovered we were being charged a $75 per night upgrade, not $75 total for our stay. I said I didn't agree to pay that much more per night and the lady at the desk wouldn't do anything about our rate. We still had one more night to stay there so instead of just waiving the extra fee for that night, she actually made the four of us move all of our stuff to a regular room! How ridiculous! The second room was in need of a good cleaning and some repairs in the bathroom. The pool was very small and so full of leaves my kids couldn't even use it. The hotel is close to several restaurants and a short drive to Busch Gardens but at the moment it is in a construction zone! It took us twice as long to get anywhere, the traffic was terrible in the whole area. Overall I was not impressed and would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Windsor, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This hotel seems like a fairly typical 3-star hotel, although rooms are quite large. Breakfast was mediocre, at best. The pool area was small and not particularly inviting. Very convenient to I-75.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel and staff! The location is terrific and the hotel is kept spotlessly clean. The beds are comfortable and you cannot hear your neighbors, which makes for a restful stay. The entire staff is courteous and professional, and the breakfast choices are better than average. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Beautiful view of woods in back of hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Great hotel. Easy access. Friendly staff. Clean hotel. We take a trip to Tampa every year. Breakfast was really good. They have these bacon, egg, and cheese bagels that were to die for. On my next years stay I will be coming back to visit. CK

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

To be fair, i did not pick this hotel. I was there on a group rate for a wedding with other families. It was good, clean, just a little more than i expected for a hotel in that stature, i guess your paying for the wyndham name.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75? Share your experiences!