“Awesome experience.... we'll definitely be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75 to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa North I-75
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17301 Dona Michelle Dr., I-75 at Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Tampa, FL 33647 (Formerly Wingate by Wyndham New Tampa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Awesome experience.... we'll definitely be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Friendly, attentive staff....nicely appointed, clean rooms... convenient location. We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute of it! The kids loved the breakfast every morning and the 'happy hour' in the evening was great for the adults. We took advantage of the package deal for Bush Gardens/Adventure Island and it was a great value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My family and I (Husband and 2 children (aged 4 & 6) stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while we were waiting on our house to be ready. From the moment we arrived Derek made us feel so very welcome. The staff go beyond the call of duty to ensure that their guests are comfortable and happy. All the staff are friendly, the manager is excellent, she knows how to run a good show and also Rachel, Derek and Tom are so good at their jobs. The rooms are very comfortable with cable television and the beds are extremely comfortable. Breakfast is very good and always a nice selection. They have a happy hour several nights per week where they have complimentary wine, beer , soft drinks and snacks. It truly is a home away from home and this hotel would win hands down for me. I will be booking my family into this hotel when they come visit us.

Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Located in a lovely part of Tampa this newer hotel was a bit difficult to locate initially with the road construction. However, we HIGHLY recommend this hotel site and will definitely stay again during future visits. Conveniently located among various restaurants and shopping stores, this site is perfectly located. Service by the staff was among the best we have ever had!! A few of the exceptional staff included Derek, from Africa, as well as Thomas (aka Woody Allen). Throughout our 3 day stay, we felt it was their pleasure to serve our needs.

pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We spent six days and five nights at Wingate by Windham on Dona Michelle in Tampa, Florida this month (June 2011). From the moment we walked in the door, Derek made us feel so welcome and at home. Nick and Rachel just compounded our wonderful experience. From the customer service, to the cleanliness (Thanks Housekeeping!) to the buffet breakfast this was by far our most enjoyable stay at a hotel. We wll definitely be back!

The Millers
Pensacola, FL

Skn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

The last time I was at the wingate new Tampa was just about a week ago.. And as usual it was perfect. It is so close to everything, from shopping to dining to theme parks. There us also an enterprise car rental desk right at the hotel! The rooms are very nice. We like the 3rd floor facing the woods. The nutrogena products in the rooms are a nice touch. Breakfast in the morings is complimentary and a great start to the day. They have a happy hour several nights per week where they have complimentary wine, beer , soft drinks and snacks. The staff is very nice and so attentive. When checking in late one night we dropped our infant son's bottle in the lobby and thought we had lost it. The manager saw us at breakfast the next morning and recognized the botle we had at the table and quickly broughht over our lost bottle. She was lovely. My husband and I have stayed there 6 times in the last 5 years and will continue to come back year after year.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

This hotel is excelent. Very comfortable and clean. All the instalations and furnitures are new. The breakfast ( included in the fare ) is complete and very good taste. Swimming pool big and with a good temperature, like the jacuzzi. The location are very convenient and around the hotel are a lot of food store, Wallgreens, gas station, Walmart, and the highway. Busch Gardens is a 10 minutes by car. The employees are very friendly and they helped me when I needed to call assist card for a doctor for my baby. I recommend for all kind of visitors.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Wyndham for five wonderful days. Everyone was so nice and professional. Our room was clean and neat. Breakfast was fantastic, but most of all whenever we needed directions to our family events of graduation, parties, etc. the staff gave us print outs to get us quickly to and from the hotel. We were even offered a GPS for our car, but refused it. I do not think in all our years of staying at hotels that we were ever treated so good. Best of all we were given a discount after we had booked early and this discounted rate was being offered a few weeks before our arrival. We are so happy that we have now found the perfect hotel to stay at whenever we come to Florida to visit my brother and family. Thank you so much to all the wonderful people who work at Wyndham.

Room Tip: Call directly and you wil be pleasantly greeted .