“Another Great Visit !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
rochester
“Another Great Visit !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We returned to Tampa Marriott Westshore this April after a nice visit in 2014. Thanks to Ann and her well trained staff for their excellent service, and to all the staff at the hotel for the smiles and the welcoming atmosphere. Our room was very inviting and the bed so comfortable, we also enjoyed the accommodations and service in the 14 floor lounge. We hope to return when next visiting in Tampa.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Killingworth, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for one night and chose this hotel for its close proximity to the airport due to an early morning flight. I have to give special recognition to a young man named Jordan who saw us struggling outside with our luggage (I traveled with my elderly mother and teenage daughter) and came running over to assist us. He continued to go above and beyond to ensure that we had everything we needed throughout our short stay. The room was very clean and comfortable and my mother commented that we should have stayed at this hotel throughout our entire trip. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I want Jordan to get the recognition that he deserves. He is an asset to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I received excellent service from Burcu and Ann during my recent visit. They went out of their way to make sure that I had a great experience.

The other thing I noticed is how this hotel positions a member of their team in the lobby area to say hi and offer assistance.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was a weekend visit. The hotel itself is very noisy. Don't go there expecting to have a quiet weekend. The hallways are very business at night with loud partying guests. We never attempted the restaurant as we wanted to leave the property in the morning as quickly as possible.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the hallway away from people partying in the hall
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Ashley D,

Thank you for posting a review for the hotel. The last thing I want to hear is that any of my guests only had an "ok" experience with us. I have shared your comments with my staff to ensure that we are properly patrolling our hallways to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and not being disturbed. We value your feedback and will make the necessary improvements to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I do not enjoy writing bad reviews, so I will keep this one short. The Good: The staff members were friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was VERY good. Oh, I almost forgot, the bed was VERY comfortable! The Bad: The room was small and the bathroom was tiny. There must have only been about 3/8" clearance between the door and the toilet. The rooms need major upgrades! The Ugly: The sink in the bathroom was slow to drain, and eventually stopped draining completely! It was a bit nasty! I hope I never have to brush my teeth and rinse in a sink full of dirty water again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
As a hotel we never enjoy receiving bad reviews, however we genuinely appreciate your honest feedback. While room renovations are not currently scheduled for our hotel we want to ensure that all our guests have a clean and well maintained room. This obviously did not happen in your case and for this I am truly sorry. All efforts will be made to address this serious problem. I also wanted to thank you for kind comments about the staff and food. That being said if you do choose to return to our hotel please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to personally oversee your reservation.
Lido Beach, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This property gave us the perfect end to a great vacation. Beautiful skyline view from 10th floor, Art-Deco-themed, yet contemporary room; king-sized, pillow-top bed that lets you sink in and sleep luxuriously, framed, B&W Grand Central Station (in New York City) photos adorn the walls, and there is a decent-sized, flat-top screen TV, plus lots of closet space. Complimentary bottles of water sit alongside the usual mini-coffee maker. Wifi is free in the lobby, pool and business areas. Bathroom toiletries are quite generous and varied. The bath gel smelled terrific! There is not much to see and do in the area, unless you are "in" to malls (there are two within long, walking distance, or, the hotel shuttle will take you there for free, as well as to the airport. Plan to wait for the shuttle, as it only travels from/to the hotel on the half hour). The lobby, surprisingly, was not too inviting. The indoor-outdoor pool IS, on the other hand inviting and great for swimming laps, as we did. It is large, fairly warm, with lots of seating under umbrellas or on the many chaise lounges in the sun. Colorful and great-smelling plantings abound both inside and out. Other amenities include: a well-outfitted gym and a Starbucks in the lobby, plus, thoughtfully, there is a pretty ice water vessel on a cart just outside the main entrance, along with towels and apples for those returning from their morning run. I overheard two people complaining that their Starbucks coffees tasted watery. Finally, stop in at Blue Bistro, the hotel lounge/restaurant and have a nice, cold beer as we did, to put a "nightcap" on your sunny and enjoyable trip to the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face west, towards the airport and water. East is towards the city. So, "it...
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Room service - service was outstanding food was horrible
Room cleanliness - disgusting, floors had hair, tub had hair, on 2nd night my soap and shampoo were gone and no replacement (why did you take my soap and not leave another bar)

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. Please be assured that we have shared your review with our cleaning staff to ensure that the problem is addressed and resolved moving forward. It is our goal to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and well taken care of and room cleanliness is vital to our success. I hope your travels bring you back to our area and we are given an opportunity to change your impression of us.

Been to Tampa Marriott Westshore? Share your experiences!