“Okay stay ” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Melbourne, Florida
“Okay stay ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel staff at the desk was quite nice, also the rooms were nice. From the start I realized this hotel isn't going to be the best Marriott I've stayed at . The food wasn't so good for lunch it was also cold and staff was eating on the spot. Also I had to call 2 days in a row for someone to clean our room. Other than that my stay was good.

Stayed June 2014
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I appreciate your review of the hotel and apologize for the poor experience you had in our restaurant. I assure you what you witnessed is not typical of the great service we are known to provide and the issue with the food and service has since been addressed. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to change your perspective of us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tamarac, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I decided to make a last minute trip to Tampa last week. We reserved a handicap room and were pleasantly surprised to see that this was a well thought out room. The bathroom could have used a little more storage space but was adequate. They put a rubber shield at the edge of the shower to contain the water and not let it run all over the bathroom floor as it does in many hotel bathrooms. It is difficult to contain the water in a roll-in shower but they did it. The room was large enough to bring my mobility scooter into the room to charge and still get around the room without bumping in to things. My only criticism was that there were not enough outlets. In this age we all have our Kindles or tablets along with our phones to charge. I also use a CPAP machine for breathing at night. We needed 2 outlets for phones, 2 for our Kindles, 1 for my CPAP machine and one to charge my scooter. We brought a multiple outlet plug but it just wasn’t enough. We ended up charging two phones overnight in the car. Also, the room did not have either a refrigerator or a room safe. Most hotels today do have both. Especially in a handicap room where a refrigerator is almost a necessity to keep medications.
The hotel has a lovely swimming pool that is partially under a roof in case of inclement weather. It is 3.5 feet deep going to 4 feet. This was adequate to swim in and just relax. Due to the intense heat of the day at 99 degrees the pool was very warm. The pool setting, although in the heart of the city is quite nice and reasonably quiet if you just want to sit poolside and read or rest. We needed it after 6.5 hours at Busch Gardens in the intense heat.
My only real complaint with the hotel is that it only has three handicap spaces in the hotel entrance area with 2 more around the side near their restaurant (I did not see those two until we left). Since every other person in Florida has a handicap permit the three spaces were gone before we arrived at check-in time which was 4 p.m. They were empty as we left in the morning. I am sure that the hotel meets the city code in this respect, but perhaps they should consider doing more than just meeting the code. They have a large parking lot and someone who is physically unable to walk distance should not have to park a distance from the entrance.
It was a very nice stay and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We've stayed here many times, but it had been about two years since our last stay. We arrived very late - 0130, but we were warmly greeted by the night manager and a trainee. Due to my status (Platinum for life in Marriott Rewards) I was given a corner "junior suite" on the 12th floor. We didn't hear any of the noise from the club across the street which was nice. I was given vouchers, valid for two, for continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday since the concierge club was closed.

We had problems with the lack of hot water, again. It didn't matter if we were showering in the morning, afternoon, or evening - We had to let the water run for at least five minutes to get lukewarm water. Fortunately my husband doesn't like hot showers, so he would shower first and when it was my turn the water was finally hot. The walls of our room had marks on them and the paint just looked dingy, maybe it was the color that caused this. A lot of things in the hotel just looked dated.

We enjoy the pool area, but the deck looks a bit tired and the loungers need to be either cleaned or replaced. They are either dirty or have mold on them. The pool area was clean and the lawn care service was there the morning we were at the pool. The pool is indoor-outdoor and there is a gym adjacent to the pool. It has many pieces of equipment, as well as locker rooms.

We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant. I think the only customers were those who had been given vouchers for the continental breakfast. I liked that as soon as we went back to the buffet area someone came out to cook eggs to order. The buffet had the typical breakfast items. The only disappointment was the taste of the fruit. We had breakfast in the concierge lounge one morning. There was the usual - eggs, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. The attendant in the evening was quite helpful when I was having problems getting the door open. The attendant in the morning cleared our used plates and glasses immediately.

When I checked out I let the front desk clerk know about the hot water issue, and let her know that we had the same issue during our last stay. She was apologetic and said that it does take several minutes to get hot water to the higher floors. That's a terrible waste of water, and I really think it's something other than being on a high floor as we've stayed at other properties on a high floor and never had the hot water issue we've had here at this property.

Staff members were friendly. Parking was free with ample spots. We like the hotel, staff, and pool, but the property does need some renovations, and something needs to be done about the hot water issue.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the club across the street, or get a higher floor.
Green Features: They do have recycling bins, but should have them on each floor in the vending area. They also have shuttles that operate on something other than gasoline.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestshoreGM, General Manager at Tampa Marriott Westshore, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your detailed and helpful review of the hotel. I will definitely be addressing the concerns you raised so that we can continue to improve the experience for all guests staying with us. We enjoyed having you as a guest and hope to take care of you again when you return to Tampa.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This was a great stay from before we were even on property through check out. The day of, we called to see if we could check in early and Ann at the front desk went above and beyond to find out if our room was ready for an early check in and called me back within minutes to tell us the room was ready. Upon check in, Ann was able to upgrade us to a fantastic room with plenty of space and a wonderful balcony overlooking the airport. Our kids loved watching the planes take off and land.
The indoor/outdoor pool was much more fun than the standard hotel pool. Our kids spent most of the day swimming in and out of this fantastic pool.
Becky at the concierge lounge went above and beyond as well. She went out of her way to get our kids chocolate milk even though not regularly stocked in the fridge at the lounge. The lounge had evening cookies (which were a treat) and breakfast (which was very enjoyable).
With the lounge closed on the weekends, they offer Marriott Gold/Platinum members free continental breakfast for two (only $2 to upgrade to full buffet, which is well worth the couple of dollars).
Overall, I was very impressed with the service and hotel itself.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed for a convention downtown
Free shuttle
Excellent staff
Good local amenities
15-20mins to convention centre
Very helpful front desk helped sort out local highlights
Shuttle bus for drops within 2miles
Good pool
Concierge lounge a great bonus with breakfast and drinks
Would stay again

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

In a big city like Tampa there are loads of places to stay overnight. Even after you narrow down your choice by selecting a Hotel near the Tampa International Airport, there are still dozens of choices you can make. But for a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price with all of the amenities that a hotel offers The Marriott Westshore is my choice and it is the efficient friendly staff that makes the difference. They offer a "drive and fly" option which enables you to leave your car at the hotel for short stays and take their free shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

so at the last minute, i needed to stay an additional nite in tampa. I came here from the terrible hilton westshore. when i went to extend my stay they wanted an additional 99$.
i came here, the night manager gave me a really good rate. Room was clean, had a nice view, bed was comfy, staff was courteous. wake up call on time (this is very imoportant)

Room Tip: book here and you will not regret your choice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Tampa Marriott Westshore? Share your experiences!