“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 159 hotels in Tampa
South Carolina
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a business meeting at the hotel. The staff was very helpful and courteous. There were no problems to speak of at all. The pool is beautiful and I loved that a section of it is indoor. You don't have to sit outside to be by the pool. It is in the business district,but close enough to drive a short distance to the beach or somewhere. The hotel shuttle will take you to the international mall (which is fabulous and high end--not for the T J Maxx crowd like me). It has some great restaurants. The is a Starbucks in the lobby and its an easy ride to the airport. The only thing I can say that is not complimentary is that there was not a safe in the room. When I am in meetings all day I like to lock up my purse and things in the room. Instead I had to take my things with me. Not a super big dea, just nice to have.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Den Haag
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

First, I must say when this place had Champions I came here all of the time! Kind of sad it is gone. Blue is ok, but its no Champions. Great hotel overall, but this was not as great visit as I had expected. I checked in with two Marriott certificates, so essentially it was a free stay... But nothing is really free... I am a platinum member so I have SPENT a lot of money at Marriott over the past few years. I wasn't expecting a red carpet, but I was given absolutely no information about my benefits.... So I had no idea there was a lounge where I could dine for breakfast complimentary,also I had no idea there were other little benefits. I guess, I should have asked... Other Marriott's all over the world can't wait to tell you about the platinum goodies. On the upside, the complimentary shuttle was very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice hotel. Be aware that the airport shuttle service stops at 1am. It doesn't mention that in the website. We took a cab but the front desk person paid for it. The staff was very nice. The breakfast buffet was good. Not as good as some Marriott's but it was still good. I do agree about the bathroom, it is small.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here for three weeks on training last year.

First off, I cannot say enough how friendly and helpful the staff was. The front desk staff, the shuttle drivers, the restaurant crew, the lady at the Starbucks kiosk, all very good people.

Unfortunately, they had very little control over the fact that, if I wanted to close the bathroom door, the toilet seat would have to be up. If it was down, the door would hit into it. That's how little clearance there was. I was solo in my room, which was fortunate.

The shower was either too hot or too cold. There were plumbing issues raised by the staff while I was there, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I had trouble with the air conditioner as well, but it worked.

Avoid the laundry service if you are short on cash. They did a great job but they're definitely overpriced.

I raised a complaint about my issues last year and the customer service people made a concerted effort to sort out what they could.

Room Tip: The pool side is pretty, but if there's a pool party and you want quiet before 10pm, try the oth...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here because downtown Marriott was booked. Nice hotel and friendly bar. Friendly staff as well and hotel was clean. It is right in-line with other Marriott properties - and they even gave me a lift back to the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After reading the reviews we were worried-but this is a very nice motel and the location is great! Do not worry about airport or gentlemens club noise. We stayed 4 nights and loved every minute. The staff is GREAT and great shopping near by.Do not hesitate about staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and on the airport side--still very quite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
midwesterner
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The website features a hot tub/jacuzzi but it is now a planter. We were looking forward to this and felt misled. They need to change the website!

The rest of the stay was very nice. Good service, very clean, well located, excellent staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Tampa Marriott Westshore? Share your experiences!