“Great nights stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Grande
“Great nights stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location, excellent service, nice Hotel. Even with renovations in progress the hotel is quite comfortable. Breakfast was delivered on time and everything was great. I even took an early dip in the pool and found the pool area to be delightful

• Stayed August 2014

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was my first time staying at this property and I will definitely be back. I arrived very late and each one of my requests was met. The work out room exceeded my expectations since it was spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hotel if you are arriving late or departing early from the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sewickley, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Airport hotels can be hit or miss, although my experience with those connected to the terminal has been good over the years. This Marriott is the best of the lot, both as to room quality and meeting facilities; in addition, it is reasonably priced. I've stated here a couple of times before this trip, always on business, and they appear to be in a constant improvement mode, all of which is most welcome. It's not a resort or terribly fancy, so a top rating isn't in order, but for what it is it's very, very solid. If you're coming to Tampa by air for an overnight meeting you'd be hard-pressed to do better.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to pick my son up at the airport and got lost and pulled in to the hotel and the valet, Patrick, helped me by parking my car and taking me to the air terminal pickup and told me how to get back out. He went out of his way to help an elderly lady late at night.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I spent a night at the Marriott on Aug 17, 2014. I used the restroom by the lobby and found the most wonderful aromatic hand salt. The housekeeping maid, Edith, was most kind and told me about the company. I asked her where I could buy some of it. I had been living out of a suit case, visiting friends and family in the Florida for the last 14 days and found the product to be very soothing. Thank you Edith. Please let her know I have enjoyed the hand salt since I have been home here in Spokane, WA..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We use the Tamp Airport Marriott when having to leave on an early flight. The rooms are small but nicely redecorated and the close proximity of shops and eating choices make it a perfect relaxing stay the night before.

Room Tip: A view of the bay is a nice choice!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

1.bed - room 620 hard and uncomfortable . Woke up with back pain
2. Shower and sink - took 5 minutes for the water to get hot. You waste more water than you actually use. Sink does not get hot enough either
3. Marriott elite benefit - gave me the wrong room after I was assured a day before and hours before check in. Tried to fix it and offered me a different room ( moved to 620) that has all the problems .made me feel so welcomed as a platinum elite -NOT!!!!
4. They had the most wonderful housekeeping lady EDITH - the only good part of my stay. People should make a story of her. She epitomizes hardwork without complain and to smile no matter how hard life is.

Overall this hotel is convenient if you are flying out the next day and could care less about comfort and service. But to stay for other reasons, find a different hotel or better yet not this Marriott

Stayed August 2014
Stefan_TPAAP, Assistant General Manager at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your insight regarding your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. On behalf of the entire team I would like to apologize for our failure to provide you with an excellent stay. From your description your stay certainly did not meet our standards much less one of our loyal Platinum Members. If possible I would like to ask for a few moments of your time to gain further details from your stay so that I can ensure we learn from our short comings. On another note I am pleased to hear that you had the opportunity to meet Miss Edith. She is one of the inspirations for us all here at the hotel and we are lucky to have such a passionate member of our team. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for your loyalty to the Marriott family.

Stefan Ritter
813-878-6503
Stefan.ritter@marriott.com

Been to Marriott Tampa Airport? Share your experiences!