“A typcial Marriott airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #9 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oslo, Norway
“A typcial Marriott airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel will not surprise you. The location inside the airport is good if you are stuck there as we where. The beds are nice and the hotel is relatively updated. If you need a place to stay at the airport, this is the best place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your insight on the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our location certainly is one our biggest strengths. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Typically, I'm not a big fan of airport hotels but I was very pleasantly surprised with this one. We decided to stay here to make catching an early morning flight easier. The rooms were typically Marriott, clean, comfortable, well appointed with super comfortable beds to boot. Check In/Out was excellent. Restaurant was convenient with a very nice staff. Food was average but we weren't here for the food. Besides, with the airport main terminal attached it's not difficult to find something to eat or drink. Airport hotels tend to have a beat down look and feel, this one definitely did not, that made all the difference. Also, the Wii in the lobby was a nice touch to entertain the kids for a little while.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire team at the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for the wonderful repsonse to your stay. We often surprise guest in such a way that they leave pleased and come back often. We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night after arriving from London. It is very well situated in the terminal. The staff were very polite and ready to help. You can use the free wifi which is in the terminal and just a short walk. The room was roomy and comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight regarding your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We appreciate the kind words and agree that with our location attached to the airport we are a convenient quick walk to the terminal. Additional note to add is that we do offer complimentary internet access in our lobby. We do look forward to your next stay.
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fog in Tampa port resulted in my cruise docking late. I missed my flight and had no other possibilities that day. Rather than hit another area hotel, I simply rolled my suitcase down a corridor to this Marriott. Since I was heading out early the next morning, not worrying about a shuttle or taxi was appealing.
I was exhausted and down over the rerouting. The desk staff did their best to cheer me. I am Gold with Marriott, so I was put on the lounge floor. The room was clean, comfortable and with a view of the runway. I found the snacks that evening were enough to call dinner (especially after eating for a solid week on a ship.)
Even so, there are other dining options in the airport, so I knew I’d not starve

Room Tip: The lounge attendant was very nice. He offered to give me a little something to have for breakfast s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for your loyalty as a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite member and also for sharing your recent experience. We are always thrilled to hear that our guest had an enjoyable time with us even it was not planned. Our concierge lounge is a wonderful place to unwind and relax for our top guest. The attendants appreciate the kinds words from your review. We look forward to hosting you in the near future again and hope next time you have a planned visit now that you have found us.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Well maintained hotel, though rumors are that changes to the airport in the next year or two may raze the place. Easy walking connection to main atrium of airport where there are very nice amenities for food and shopping. Nice bar and restaurant for light fare open till 1 am was a welcome option after a long day of travel.

Room Tip: Lots of food options and some shops a few hundred feet away, in airport and in walkway to airport...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments regarding your time at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our location certainly makes us ideal for anyone with a late flight. Regarding the rumors about the future of our location I would like to assure you that we will be here for many years to come. We will be looking forward to your next stay, and thank you once again for the opportunity to host you for your lodging needs.
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and my kids due to an early flight at 5:30 am Delta airline next day. I booked the hotel through orbitz.com. Orbit booking was either for two queen or one king bed. When I checked in, front desk told me there was no two queen beds available, and only king bed was available. I was fine with it since we checked in late. After that, I called to request a bell man to come help me with luggages at 3:30 am, andI also have asked for an extra blanket so one of my child can sleep on the floor. I forgot to ask for the name of the employee that I have talked to.
Anyway, about 15' later, there was housekeeping lady brought over the very worn out thin blanket to our room. The blanket is so worn and thin, it looks like a giant rag more than a blanket. I was fine with it since it got late in the night. The bathroom and the bed were outdated as well.
By 3 o'clock, I woke up and got my kids ready to go to Delta ticket counter. At 3:30 am, no bell man showed up. By 3:35 am, I called the front desk asking if the bell man is on his or her way. Jackie, the front desk lady, answered with a cranky unfriendly voice. She told me that no bellman is available until after 4 am, and she was not sure whom I had talked to. She was very cold, insensitive of my situation, and she did not offer any help. I asked her since there was no bell man, was there any cart that I can use for the luggages. She told me to come downstairs to look for one if it is available. I was shocked of the way she answered the phone and the attitudes that she have given me.
The only reason that I had booked this hotel because it was right inside the airport. I thought it would be convenience for us since we booked an early flight. I do not recommend or stayed at this hotel again. It is very poor customer service for a big name hotel and the price I had paid. I got no help and cold treatment attitude. I am glad that we did not missed our flight.

Room Tip: There are a bunch of restaurant within walking distance to the terminals. You can get a cart ($5.00...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to apologize for the experience you just described from your recent stay. I assure you that what you encountered during your stay is not typical of our guests. Your feedback will be utilized as a training tool so that we may learn from our transgressions. Please be assured that bell service is available 24 hours of the day and we do everything possible to accommodate all rooming request. I ask that you please contact me directly by calling the hotel so that I may gain further insight into your stay. Best Regards, Stefan Ritter Director of Hotel Ops.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed one night at the Marriott Tampa Airport after arriving at midnight on a delayed flight.

The hotel's location is incredibly convenient, with access right from a terminal walk-way. Check-in was seamless, and the staff brought a pack-n-play right up to the room for our son. The hotel touts its "soundproof" windows, and we never heard any noise from the runway, despite looking out over it.

Walked over to the rental car center the next morning and was able to drive right up to the hotel entrance to pick up my wife and son.

On another layover later in the week, the staff directed us to a quiet alcove near the hotel's conference center where we were able to relax while we waited for our return flight, even though we didn't have a reservation at the hotel.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing airport accommodations in Tampa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with us. Our location certainly makes us a very convenience choice for a late arrival and our staff is able to make you feel right at home. Thank you once again for your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Been to Marriott Tampa Airport? Share your experiences!