“It doesn't get any closer to being an "Airport Hotel" than this!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nuevo, CA
“It doesn't get any closer to being an "Airport Hotel" than this!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is actually connected to the terminal so you really don't even leave the airport to get to the hotel lobby. If you are doing a short trip or a layover the. This hotel is perfect. Even with being so close to the runways there is no plane noise at all in the rooms. The beds are very comfortable, and there are plenty of places to eat in the airport itself. The hotel is actually very reasonably priced as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your insights regarding your stay with us at the Tampa Airport Marriott. Our location definitely is one of our strongest attributes for a traveler looking for the convenience of a short commute to and from the terminals. We are able to provide our guest with a quiet nights rest due to the triple pane windows in every room. We know that our comfortable beds, great restaurants and competitive prices will have you staying with us during your next trip to Tampa. We look forward to hosting you soon again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I will be upfront: I very much dislike airport hotels. I like being in the middle of the city or an area where I can walk around and restaurants or local shops that I can explore. When I find myself in one it is usually out of necessity; Like many others, I either have an early flight or its for a work assignment nearby. My initial reaction has always been a deep sign then regret when I am booked at an airport hotel.

Not at this one.

Tampa Bay Airport Marriott is the best airport hotel I have ever been stayed in, and when I return to Tampa, I usually stay here simply because it such a great facility. I am eager to stay here! So surprising to me.

In a Nutshell:

The Easy Walk: It is so comforting ( and easy) to walk out of the plane and terminal, make a right and then find myself in front of the hotel entrance. It literally takes just a few minutes

The Friendliness of the Staff: Every time I stay, the staff has been professional but above all friendly and accommodating.

The Concierge Lounge: The staff is some of the nicest out of any lounge that I have met. One time, I checked in just as the place was closing but the front desk called them and told them to save food for me. When I arrived they did that and even had desert waiting for me also. Very friendly.

The Service: From the front desk to the valet and cleaning service (and of course my favorites the concierge lounge staff) the service is impressive and stands out in comparison to other places in Tampa.

Easy access to Downtown and Highways:
Within a few minutes I can get to the restaurants downtown or on the multiple entrances to the highways around the western part of Florida. The beach is only 30 mins away.

Room Tip: Ask the valet to park close to entrance if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire team at the Tampa Airport Marriott I would like to thank you for providing such a detailed and thoughtful review of your experience at our hotel. The hosts take great pride in providing outstanding service and it is kind words like yours that is their motivation. We certainly agree that our hotel is not a typical airport property and know that anyone that allows us the opportunity to be hosted will not be disappointed. We agree that we are the best and look forward to the next chance to prove it.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stay regularly in this hotel on all my business trips to Tampa. The hotel could not be more convenient, you are in your room in less than 10 minutes after getting off of your plane. Tereza at the front desk and all her colleagues are extremely pleasant and make your stay enjoyable. The swimming pool is relaxing, rooms are roomy and the bathroons after their recent update are really nice. All to be recommended, could not be more convenient! Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The convenience of our location certainly makes the Tampa Airport Marriott a great choice when traveling in and out of Tampa but it’s our hosts like Tereza who help create amazing memories. Thank you for taking a moment to share your review regarding our hotel. We look forward to many more visits and will be prepared for your next one…
WashingtonDC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed nov 12-13 2013. Room was great and it was so relaxing to be able to walk right out to the airport check in. We had a horrible exper earlier at doubletree (we had to walk right out it was so bad). We were so happy to find a last minute hotel that was so nice!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your review regarding your stay at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a better alternative and know that based on your recent stay you have now found a new lodging choice while staying in Tampa. We look forward to your next trip so that we may host you once again.
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Recently, I had the occasion, to stay at the Marriott at the Tampa Florida Airport and I want to share my experience and personal interactions with 3 members of the staff of the hotel. Two of which, I unfortunately do not remember their names, who were manning the front desk and one, the Loss Prevention Office, Christopher B. Smith. All three deserve recognition for going beyond the normal call of duty to help me..
Here is my story:
I had been staying in Florida during the week of November 10 through the 15, 2013 on business in Winter Haven. Since, I had an early morning flight out to California on November 16th, I booked a room at the Tampa Airport Marriott. I got a late start leaving Winter Haven and ran into traffic. Needless to say, I was stressed and not paying as careful attention to my belongings as I should have. In addition, I was bring back more items then I had arrived with which meant my bags were heavier. Upon arriving at the airport, I turned in my rental car and was really looking forward to getting to my room. I was struggling with my laptop bag, my suitcase and my purse going up escalators and elevators. In the process somewhere without realizing it, I dropped my cell phone.
I proceeded to check in and went up to my room, eyeing the bar on my way up looking forward to having a relaxing drink later. Once I got into my room, I decided to charge my phone and realized it was not in the normal place. I then called my phone to locate it somewhere in my luggage but it was nowhere to be found. I immediately re-traced my steps starting with the rental car return to my check-in at your front desk without success. At this point, Chris was called in to help me. He suggested I go to the Lost and Found department in the airport and escorted me to the appropriate place. Of course there had been no phone turned. The personnel of this department directed to me check with the information booths on the floors I had been on. No luck and I figured it was a lost cause. I returned to the hotel and Chris immediately approached me wanting to know how I had fared. He was very sympathetic and said they would let me know if it was turned in to them.
I then decided to call my phone and leave a message hoping whoever might have found my phone would contact me at the Marriott. Within 10 minutes, the front desk called me, saying a woman who worked in the airport had found my phone and taken it home with her. She was not able to bring back that night but promised to the return it between 7 and 8 am the next day. But since, I was leaving at 6 am, I would not be there to receive it. Your staff assured me that once they got it, it would be shipped to me in California. That is when Chris stepped in with an amazing offer. He volunteered to go the woman’s home after his shift ended to pick it up so I would have it before I returned to California. That he did, I had it by 10:30 pm that evening.
Talk about being impressed. I was overwhelmed with gratitude. I can not tell how this act of kindness made my day. It is so rare, in this day and age to find people of this caliber. Your company should be very proud, to have him as an employee. He and the other staff members involved truly demonstrated a level of hospitality beyond the norm for a guest. I will definitely make the Marriottmy hotel of choice whenever possible in the future.
Sheryl Peck G/L Manager Dole Fresh Vegetables in Monterey CA

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Stefan_TPAAP, Director of Hotel Ops, Rooms at Marriott Tampa Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
On behalf of Chris and the entire staff at the Tampa Airport Marriott we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such an outstanding recap of your experience while with us. Stories like this exemplify how a bad situation can be turned into an extraordinary story. Our hosts are often presented with challenges like this and it’s these moments that they shine the brightest. Chris’ passion for service is easily visible during times of great urgency and he knows the importance that technology plays in the productivity of our guest. We know after this stay that we now have a guest for life. We look forward to your return trip.
Petrolia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Rick’s Touch Massage and Bodywork
I have been a client of Rick’s Touch now for 5 years and the first
Impression I had of Rick was and is how professional he is in every
manner. He is excellent t what he does and I can y that I would recommend
Rick to anyone wanting a true professional such as Rick. Rick’s Touch which is
tucked away at the Tampa Marriott Airport is spotless, and is very meticulous in
everything he does. I wish I lived closer as I only et to Rick’s when travelling to Tampa.
I actually try and book my flights into Tampa so that I can take advantage of the best
Massage I have ever experienced in my life, in fact have actually fallen asleep while
Rick was working his magic! If you are seeking and in need of a Therapeutic and
Professional Massage, then look no further. I can guarantee from my experience that you
will not be disappointed. MJH – Niagara Falls Canada

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We arrived tired and hungry after flying in from Scotland via Newark on 8th November. We were in our hotel room 20 minutes after landing which was so impressive. After debating about whether to get room service or go to the bar, we decided to try the bar. We were looked after so well by Shelley in the bar - keeping us well fed and watered until it was time for bed. An excellent night's sleep followed, plus a great breakfast. We left the hotel to pick up our car (5 mins walk away) and are now enjoying our holiday in Sarasota. For those longhaul travellers wondering about whether to stay here, just do it, you won't regret it. There is nothing nicer than a clean, comfy bed after a very long day of travelling from Europe, with absolutely no hassle to get to the hotel as its right in the terminal building. If we are back in the area, we will definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Tampa Airport Marriott. We could not agree more with your assertion that after a long oversees flight the best choice is staying with us. Not only due to our perfect location but also because of the hospitality and delicious food you will come upon while being here. It is hosts like Shelley that will keep guest such as yourself coming back over and over again. We look forward to our next opportunity to hosting you again.

Been to Marriott Tampa Airport? Share your experiences!